Thread: maybe a return...?

Default maybe a return...?

of Torrin Macalir? to put some action back into this game? the Blight have for far too long been complacent, it's time Macalir has had his return to sieging the Living, and we fighting him in return.

or atleast, a quest to free the city of Rachival?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Default Re: maybe a return...?

Romirea wise

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Wise one, this I will say. The gods have been asked of such things as the freeing of Rachival more times than one, and they be most reluctant. And not, I think, for any reason that is ill.

In short, the reason be thus: If Rachival were freed by one candle's burning, then free it is and may not be freed again by the burning of any other candle. The delight, the trial, the struggle be a joy of but a single tide. And the self reasons and same that made the Woken ask for the gods to make it possible before are asked by those Woken of later tides again, and the same answer cannot be give. Because Old Rachical is free.

The Satyr lands were freed, or at least freed from the scourge of the machines, and may not be freed again. Elven-home was freed, and freed it is, and it may not be freed again. These are now things old ones speak of in joy and delight, as old glories, and new Woken merely tire of old words and wish they could seek such glories themselves.

They may not, because the glory is gone. The land that glory speaks of is free, and free it remains.

It might be asked, then why not let that which was freed fall again, that it again may be freed? To that I would speak two things. The land hath changed, and many things there are of the Gifted that live in those free places. Deeds to be done, gifts to be had, wisdom to find from conversation with those there. If the free place fell, then the land must change again and all those things pass away. And the second? That to take again a thing once taken may not be all it seems in dreaming. For to do a thing already done hath not the glory of doing it for the first and only time.

Of Torrin, to have him walk is a thing indeed. But to have him fall? That would end much of the Aegis power, and the trial and struggle that is our waking come to little and less. The land will not end for some part because the struggle does not end. Without the struggle, what need of the Gifted?

I do not say words such as thine should not be held of import. I merely offer some small thought of mine own.

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

and yet, for each thing freed from the dominion of the blight, other things have worsened... i doubt the withered aegis can ever be truly driven away from the life-rich land upon which they press to feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    of Torrin Macalir? to put some action back into this game? the Blight have for far too long been complacent, it's time Macalir has had his return to sieging the Living, and we fighting him in return.
    Torrin Macalir is dead. He was killed at the Battle of Tazoon by Ryson Stormbringer. Rumors and speculation among the Gifted claim that he could have survived because he was a Necromancer and also because Ryson somehow "survived" (if you can call being ghostly and bound to one location surviving). But there is no proof of his existence.

or atleast, a quest to free the city of Rachival?
    Sorry, Rachival is an adventuring and questing area for Tier 5 and will remain blighted. The world I am afraid cannot be as dynamic as it once was. It isn't sustainable from a development perspective.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information