Thread: Inventory placement

Default Inventory placement

the other day i was talking about why does my vualt, sacks and other storage medians remember where the items are placed/positioned in said storage when you log out and back in, but for me not my Inventory but i was informed by others that thier Inventory also remebers thier item location. so im wondering whats up with my Inventory . for me all my toons have the same problem.

when i play the game i like to have the upper left conner clear of items at all times and i log out with no items up thier.

but as you can see when i log back in that corner always gets filled up with stuff

the odd thing i just noticed now that all the items past the 6th row down stayed put during relog?

Default Re: Inventory placement

I'd be happy if I could organized my plot vaults and have them stay that way. In my vault I keep all my items in 7 pouches and the pouches never move. Same with my inventory, but the items jumble around in them.

For me it seems to happen at random. At the base level for invintory and vault things will stay put maybe 1-3 logins. Items in bags seem to stay put more often.

Nothing sucks more htan to spend an hour or three organizing your 200+ store of comps and crystals only to have it all jumbled up again the next login.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeah i am with you all on this.....and not being able to put full pouches of stuff in your plot storage without taking everything out and putting them back in one at a time is a pain in my dupa, i can tell you....
    prolly nothing to be done about that, tho.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    yeah i am with you all on this.....and not being able to put full pouches of stuff in your plot storage without taking everything out and putting them back in one at a time is a pain in my dupa, i can tell you....
    prolly nothing to be done about that, tho.....
    Highlight the items you wish to move and drag the group in or out of your storage. No need to do one item at a time if you don't want to.

As far as pack inventory, I keep the left and top sides stationary and _most_ the time things stay put. I have noticed on my mule vault inventory where I am trying to keep the crystal collection sorted in bags, if you leave that top row empty they like to jumble up. Now that is personal inventory. Plot storage inventory is just willy nilly. Seems to be partly determined where the item was positioned in your pack (when you logged in) before you put it in storage. List view for the win there.

Dracaena

*Hugs Dracaena* I never knew you could do that!!

Back on topic: My inv NEVER stays neat and tidy, the moment I log out someone's in there moving everything about again. My vault is a little better behaved, though the items in pouches in the vault tend to wander.

Although I'm a packrat, usually my stuff stays put, but every once in a while the squirrels get loose and all of it gets jumbled. Those times it can take me a good half hour or more to get everything resorted. :-/

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    Highlight the items you wish to move and drag the group in or out of your storage. No need to do one item at a time if you don't want to.

Dracaena
    i will have to try it - thought i tried everything, can't remember if i have, so might as well give it another try!
    thanx for the tip, drac! i have been hestitating to do too much reorganizing because of the hours involved...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information