View Poll Results: Does current active player base want return of the Level 80 Blight Anchors?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

73 91.25%
  • NO

3 3.75%
  • DO NOT CARE

4 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Player Base Want Level 80 Blight Anchors to return to Istaria?

Default Does Player Base Want Level 80 Blight Anchors to return to Istaria?

As far as I can tell most if not all players who objected to the Level 80 Blight Anchors are no longer active players. Please Vote to allow expression of now active players. Yes or No or Do not care.

Knossos

Default Re: Does Player Base Want Level 80 Blight Anchors to return to Istaria?

I really really miss these. They spawned in out the way areas, no much to bother anyone other than the hatchies needing spiders and the occasional blighted resource if left too long. Old random locations were:
    North of Dralk
    Past the Jade golems near the smelter
    South of Kirascent
    The middle Border (south of Frostwatch)

The randomness added to the feeling that we were in a live world that was under attack.

The only one we have in game currently is an Epic.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I was not on at first to see the Blight Anchors like these, and I was dissapointed at the fact that I heard there were others a removed before. I'd love to see these anchors back in-game!

Was always fun to watch the chat's when someone would find one. Get a multi-level group together and go anchor hunting. Good days.
    Last edited by walkerglassmire; October 15th, 2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: cuz i no splz goodz :P
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

absolutely yes.

its kind of epic for those who aren t rdy fot the real epics yet.

And it brings people together- I never understood why they vanished.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

So far, it's anonymous!!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

One caveat: not constantly multiplying spawn appearing daily, please. Either one "constant" spawn or an occasional (1x/month?) "multiplying" spawn would be fine.

Have The Withered Aegis invade Tazoon. One, noone goes there so little disturbance. Two, we get to see the carnage of NPC's dying off. Three, it will make Tazoon a hot spot again. I miss the days of towns going under seige. Just imagine porting to a town with tons of mobs dead players and action.

I vote yes

The blight and Living races both have become far to complacent in the land. its gotten so dull and mundane that people are holding there own mini raids and every one that participates keep begging for more why dosent the dev team Liston i will never know but they have been Draging these mobs to bristugo, and when faf paid a visit there (Known for lag and scorch ) Bristugo (Known for lag all on its own ) and about 30 players populate that one small area its supposed to be a lag fest and to my supprize the lag was not bad at all So its clear to me at-least that the excuse of the lag is to bad when we hold these events dose not hold water any more

Istaria is based off an epic WAR agents the blight and the dead vs the living pure . light vs dark good vs evil . Not players vs resource nodes
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I say YES

This is a great idea. As stated before, this game is originally about a war with the undead legions known as we all know 'The Withered Aegis'.

Lets have a return to this.

Let them come and taste the steel of blade and sting of magic.

Let us reclaim the glory of Harden the God of War and repulse the blight.
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

I have never had the chance to take on a blight anchor, so I voted yes naturally lol.

right now the blight/WA is VERY dead (hehe, bad pun, I know), we need invasions or atleast blight anchors to come back

Why limit it to level-80 Blight Anchors?

Is there any reason they couldn't be tiered - so that there might occasionally be a level 20-25 anchor on Lesser Aradoth for new players (and new toons) to deal with?

I always thought the idea of the Blight Anchors was awesome - the Withered Aegis does invade and DOES attack... and if we want new players to stay, having Blight Anchors THEY can fight would be nice, too.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post

Is there any reason they couldn't be tiered - so that there might occasionally be a level 20-25 anchor on Lesser Aradoth for new players (and new toons) to deal with?

I always thought the idea of the Blight Anchors was awesome - the Withered Aegis does invade and DOES attack... and if we want new players to stay, having Blight Anchors THEY can fight would be nice, too.
    I like the idea of tiered Anchors!
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Bring it on! I love taking those things down......

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    So far, it's anonymous!!
    Aww... It's no longer unanimous.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

*wonders who doesn't want to see anchors back

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    *wonders who doesn't want to see anchors back
    same here, lol. EVERYONE wants'em back :P well, nearly everyone ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post

While I agree with the idea of bringing them back, usually game companies (including this one) have avoided bringing in "lower level" stuff like this is what normally happens is that instead of equal level players having something to do, the thing gets killed by players who far outlevel the content - leaving nothing for the "equal" player to do.

Without limitations like a dungeon/instance where players X levels above the mob/content can't do it, even a community that is mostly awesome like we are still has players who will rush to kill the Anchor before giving lower players a chance.

Or a lower player just joins in with all the 90-100 levels and ends up not being able to do much comparitively.

Not saying this is what we should or shuld not do - just giving an explanation I've often seen when players want to know why "lower level" epic fights aren't implemented in various games.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

IIRC, there were lower level anchors when they were first introduced. If they were reintroduced, spawning perhaps twice? a week, the higher level players might eventually get bored, and leave them alone.

I voted yes, but would want them kept straightforward; no invisible anchors, none placed in inaccessible spots, and probably no continuous spawns. Last time, the idea got increasingly baroque, and it eventually just became a pain.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    While I agree with the idea of bringing them back, usually game companies (including this one) have avoided bringing in "lower level" stuff like this is what normally happens is that instead of equal level players having something to do, the thing gets killed by players who far outlevel the content - leaving nothing for the "equal" player to do.

Without limitations like a dungeon/instance where players X levels above the mob/content can't do it, even a community that is mostly awesome like we are still has players who will rush to kill the Anchor before giving lower players a chance.

Or a lower player just joins in with all the 90-100 levels and ends up not being able to do much comparitively.

Not saying this is what we should or shuld not do - just giving an explanation I've often seen when players want to know why "lower level" epic fights aren't implemented in various games.

However if the rewards for killing it are more in-line with the level of Anchor then I think it would still be more enticing for them to take it on.

I think we should also have guards give out a quest to those of the appropriate level range to go take on the Anchor when it spawns. (Guards nearest the spawn location obviously as they would see it and be asking for help) The reward being mostly some EXP and a bit of cash.

I very much support the multi-level spawns in this way. It gives us non-elites something to do once in awhile besides endlessly grind and try to make money to buy forms.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Thread Information