Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Khutit heads

Default Re: New Khutit heads

Please link picture of aforementioned spiral horned head Ashuran?
    Be the Dragon!

Here's the spiral horned head, showing the odd jaw extension in the /growl and /warcry emotes. /rage uses the same animation as /growl and /cheer is the same as /warcry.

btw, I know this is the wrong thread to ask this in, but seeing as Solitaire let slip of some of his secrets during his visit to blight (no, there was no truth serum involved) I decided he might like this, I seriously have no idea how I got my texture to glitch that far, but I really liked how my wings turned out (head is not as good though), wondered if someone knew why or how this happened (might help if I say that I changed head scale masks whenever I did this)

Meeps, I've been wondering this myself, as it has been happening to my character almost every time I put on or switch a Halloween headscale, and for well over a year now, maybe even two. My dragon doesn't look half as good when glitched though

As for this topic; I haven't tried out the heads but I wanted to say how much I adore them already! They look awesome from what I've seen so far. Out of curiosity though, Solitaire, are the new headshapes we're supposed to get in the near future going to start out with the old khutit head design until you manually change them like you're doing to the current ones, or will the head match automatically?

This is an automatic change. When patched to the live servers, it will match the head shape that your dragon normally has. I realize that there may be a few that will not want to see the change, however I'm hoping that they give it an honest chance. And there is a relatively easy way for them to override back to what they are used to if they wish by editing a def file.

I'm not sure there is something that can be done, but it seems the Dragon to Khutit transformation suffers the same bug as Khutit to Dragon transformation: the new head model seems to merge with the default model when another character transforms near you.

Going out of sight and come back fixes the issue.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Yeah, that does seem like a similar issue. Thanks for the report!

they won't ever fix that issue...that has been around ever since i started playing in 2005, and i don't see it going away.

Hey you never know what Sol can do - I would have said the exact same thing about Khutit heads, which have been the way they have been since DAY ONE on creation - working as intended.

But yes I wouldn't be surprised if its one of those inherent engine/coding issues he can't address. But don't underestimate the Sol...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I think I`m missing something.. unpacked the replacement files, and they`re in my resoarses_override folder, but I can`t get the heads to show up on any shard not even blight even after I patch. am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    I think I`m missing something.. unpacked the replacement files, and they`re in my resoarses_override folder, but I can`t get the heads to show up on any shard not even blight even after I patch. am I missing something?
    Other mods can interfere with the heads-- I know the ancient resizing mod I use doesn't play well, and there's probably others. Basically, if some other mod you have is trying to work with the same files, Problems Arise.

nope tried taking out every other mod, and patched out the blight files. all that did was make my character grey scale, and khutit unloaded. (only default) put back in the replacement files folder, still only default. took default file out, same thing. so I`m at a loss. doesn`t work on blight either. repatched to blight took out all mods, still no matching khutit head. eh. I`m not computer savvy enough to fix it so I gave up :P

Have you gotten the heads to display correctly? Make sure you don't have anything in your resources_override folder at all and try it. You might have something in another folder in there. If that does not fix it then you might have something odd going on.

For everyone else, are the new models working good for you on the live servers? Sorry that I have not yet done the final tweaks yet. Will get to it hopefully sooner rather than later.

after i changed the claw and teeth mod DEF files, it works perfectly.

Finaly got it to work! heard a few were having troubles with the earfin head though, but I got it to show up on Reagle ^^

What kind of trouble? And are they using any mods?

I`m not entirely sure really, I`m using the claw/tooth/mouth mod, but I had to take out the geo_head files to get the khutit heads to show up XD

Ok. Thanks. If you do hear of anyone having issues that do not have any mods installed I would like to hear about it. It always makes me nervous to push out something like those heads.

I like the new head on my Khutit, thanks for the hard work Solitaire.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I have no mods installed and the earfin head is working just fine. Don't have any adult dragons without earfin heads to check the others.

Thread Information