Thread: Combat with Spells

Cayi

Default Combat with Spells

I haven't hunted beasties for my level for about 2 weeks or so (got a plot so have beenworking on that). Two nights ago I joined a friend for some slaughter. He is a lvl 76 reaver, I'm 82 Wiz. We go ogre hunting outside of augn, lvl 91 Storms/thunder, etc... I prime myself with perfect spell, elvenleadership, redstance, energy burst and multistrike. I cast energy strike IV on a 96 ogre (mind you I could solo them 2 weeks ago with some trouble but still do it), and it hits for 3 times but does 0 damage. The Reaver joins the battle (Cron) and while he tanks, I continue to cast.The effects spells from the spells land (stun works, etc..) butthey dono damage (0 damage again). All of my spells hit but do 0 damage. Tried this with another ogre. This time I drank potions (power armor focus iV) to help with the attacks. Same thing. All spells land but do 0 damage.Even my lvl V energy bolt. Haven't seen this before. Espicially with things I could solo just two weeks ago. logged out frustrated

Login today, try a lvl 82 marble golem, prime myself the same way and again, all spells hit but do 0 damage. The effects land, i stun, mezz, etc.. but I cant do any damage unless the golem hits me. Thats when pulsing spectrum kicked in and did some damage. I still had to run with my elven ears between my legs cause I cant do any damage... Any one else see this or have any reccomendation? Its very frustrating... esp against things I could take before. Did they do any combat changes lately? I didn't see it release notes but I might have missed it...

Also tried a lvl 63 spider, same thing, all spells hit but hit for 0 damage

Dranar

Default Re: Combat with Spells

Are you doing damage though? I have that happen with my Dragon sometimes with his claws, the damage doesn't show up, but I am definitely doing damage...

As far as my guild and my friends can tell, You are seeing the effects of the 'anti-camping' code. Basically Mobs will have about a minute-3 minutesof invuln and UUBER regeneration after spawn if you attack them before they 'activate'.

With the new spawn code, they 'pop' right up when you are in the area as opposed to being there 'primed'. It's MUCH worse with Ogres and the wind golems for some reason. Let them launch the first attack, and make sure you don't use Energy, the new resistances really make a difference. I usually let them pound me out for their 3 super attacks , healing, then start my attacks.

My 2c ;)

-Hratli

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Cayi

I don't think i agree with the anti-camping mode being an issue because yesterday I was hunting with a group, that had a a higher lvl wiz in it and he was hitting just fine and doing damage. And in each instance I was with other party members that could hit. Throughout the whole fight I would hit but do no damage, no matter energy or flame spells. Again the effects of the spells would hit, i.e. with immolate, the spell would land, the hit would do 0 damage but the burn effect would do damage as prescribed.

Just don't know what to think...

And I am definately not doing damage as the lvl 63 spider almost killed me and its hps didn't move until i cast pulsing spectrum on myself. Again, it seems to be only with the direct spell attacks, specifically for ice flame and energy. My mind spells I can't tell as I only use numbing haze, warped percept and debaseI, attacks that have an effect on stats and don't do damage...

That's rather odd Cayi... what server you on?

Cayi

I am on Chaos. Today I switched to mage (lvl 36) to see if that would make a difference. It did. As a 36 mage, I could do damage fine, kill things again.Even the beasties I couldn't kill as alvl 83 wiz, i.e. spiders outside of augen. I switched back to Wiz (lvl 83) thinkin maybe something changed but alas, I had the same problem, I couldn't do any damage, the spells would land but it would do 0 damage. I even tried my lower level spells (flame wave II) and they would hit but do 0 damage. As wiz, I also tried killing a lvl 36 beastie, and I couldn't do any damage other than with the effects associated with the spell. The only exception to this was immolate. When immolate III hit, it did damage. (and the burn effect worked as it is an effect). Other than that, none of my other spells do damage, regardless of level, regardless of genere (ice fire or energy). Other than the burn effect and the initial immolate hit, the only damage I do to beasties is with the pulsing spectrum. Very frustrating. Of course technical support has a 6 day time lag so I guess I won't be playing for that long... kinda a pain in the ******, something I don't need from a game...

Cayi

Well, yesterday during the day my spells did damage. Last night, after everyone got booted, I logged back in and now have the same problem, spells hit but do 0 damage... kinda makes me suspect is on the side where they keep my charater info...

Cayi

Just for information purposes, it turns out that when I equip my lvl 40+ staff, I do no damage to any of the beasties added since the merge. If I equip anything else (so far) I can do damage to them with my spells.

Hi, I'm currently having the same problem. Everything yesterday was fine. I got on this morning and I can't damage anything at all. All of my attacks do 0 Damage. I'm a lv. 21/20 dragon. The only attacks that work for me are Bite II and my Spiked Scales. The Bite II always does 0 damage initially then does it's normal damage over time like it should. My regular attacks, spells and abilities all do 0 damage. I can't kill anything now. I don't know what to do and have reported it to AE but that may take forever. I don't want to have to reinstall my game again. This is so frustrating. I'm just starting my 20th lv. quests and now I can't damage anything and being a dragon, there's no way I can keep myself healed long enough for my pitiful damage shields to kill a mob. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cayi

I replied in your thread, I didn't check herer first, sorry! Being a dragon and having these problems maybe entirely different. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, even though I have asked in general chat on chaos several times..

Thread Information