Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: in-game boredom

Default Re: in-game boredom

Who knows it might even be possible to send out a global message like “help!! (insert town) is under attack by Withered Aegis!!”
    This already happens.

Attacking Bristugo may make all the sense in the world from a "tactical standpoint" by the WA, but that doesn't mean that it makes sense in an environment where people can and will stop paying you if they aren't having fun in your game. That, and, if you really want to get into the logic of it, I don't see the WA getting T6 troops all the way to Bristugo without

Paying players of a game on the other hand...

(Rant incoming, NOT aimed at the person I quoted, but in general)

-----------------------------------------

I so despise this situation, because it's lose / lose.

If Amon etc. don't do anything, people get bored and quit.
    If Amon spawns mobs at Bristugo, people get annoyed and quit.
    If Amon spanws mobs at resources, people scream in righteousness WE R CRAft0RZ! and quit.
    If Amon spawns mobs at the frontier, none will bother going there past 1 week, then get bored and quit. Because it'll be a non-event in a "who cares?" location.

In any case, they will be full of self entitlement: "AMON YOU MUST DO THIS BECAUSE *I* AM DA
    P A Y I N G _ P L A Y E R.

Like he was so stupid to have forgotten that.

I also hate this situation because a bunch of sissies keeps this game under permanent hostage, so the majority of players (adventurer types) stay well clear of Istaria (notice, I am 95% crafter but I support them, they bring in the good cash to let Istaria survive).

I'd love to be able to tell them: do you sue a writer because page #293 of his book does not totally suit your near sighted agenda? No? Then if you don't like the book go buy another.
    But I cannot, because all what's left are exactly that: a bunch of selfish "vets" who kill innovative or just diverse ideas because hey, they are the PAYING PLAYERS!

The game won't take off with this, ever.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

lol Vah
    *hugs her dragonbrother and hands out beautiful colored pills for
    Vahrokh, Amon, the paying players, the playing payers and herself*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    A bunch of Extreme Left and Extreme Right winged-stuff
    Err, ever heard of "Middle Ground"?

No, we DON'T want T6 in the middle of the most important area in the entire game that everyone T1-T5 needs to go through to do anything but yet, we don't want them out in the middle of nowhere nobody cares about.

However, as someone else suggested, Aughundell is a good place. It isn't 100% essential to everyday life in Istaria like Bristugo is, but yet it is important enough that people would care about it (given that it has the only consigner that people on Order actually use, other than NT's).

You seem to love pointing out extreme lefts and rights... but you rarely speak of the Middle Ground. There's more to life than 0 and 1, Black and White.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Err, ever heard of "Middle Ground"?

No, we DON'T want T6 in the middle of the most important area in the entire game that everyone T1-T5 needs to go through to do anything but yet, we don't want them out in the middle of nowhere nobody cares about.

However, as someone else suggested, Aughundell is a good place. It isn't 100% essential to everyday life in Istaria like Bristugo is, but yet it is important enough that people would care about it (given that it has the only consigner that people on Order actually use, other than NT's).

You seem to love pointing out extreme lefts and rights... but you rarely speak of the Middle Ground. There's more to life than 0 and 1, Black and White.
    On Chaos there's Bristugo and our guild consigner at Clearport where it's quite unlikely to ever see an anchor. Spawning an anchor at Aughundell? Go ahead, I went there a dozen of times in the last days and I found 1 guy tops.

As for seeing black and white, that's a rethorical form that shows how senseless are some things by presenting an extremized "by the book" situation. It's also used in many comical representations. Hyperbole and going by absurd or by extremes is 2000 years old argument rethoric. Then there's also Groucho irony, magnificently portrayed in a comic called Dylan Dog.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    On Chaos there's Bristugo and our guild consigner at Clearport where it's quite unlikely to ever see an anchor. Spawning an anchor at Aughundell? Go ahead, I went there a dozen of times in the last days and I found 1 guy tops.
    Obviously, your server is different than ours. On Order, I see people at Aughundell quite frequently. Spawning one there would be a pretty decent idea. On yours? I dunno, they'd have to pick an area that's frequented, but yet not something as important as Bristugo.

Today this same "paying player" thing came up even in the supposedly "harsh" EvE Online. I just had to point at this thread on our forum.

Now, if only I was still subbed in the half dozen other MMOs I could make a compilation of more than a decade old identical crying.

To me, the idea of attacking towns makes more sense. If I was a bad guy, I certainly wouldn't attack any major stronghold like Aug until I knew I could take it.
    What better way to stretch out than by attacking mostly unguarded places? Might even get a more tactical foothold then so I could build up to attacking strongholds like Aug or Bris.

Tactically speaking Question posed Why do we alert our enemy with big bright neon signs that we are coming ?

The only true way to run a war is to launch massive attacks that will overwhelm and push back the Living forces Not impossible to win but Dame hard Towns NEED to be SACRIFICED during this takeover Crys will be launched from Youtube to Mega-video and every video sight between to Drive back the withered ages.

This will draw out the Istarians still hiding in vanguard and other mmorpgs flooding back and will defend our land once again

Loosing a battle 90 % of the time will strengthen the resolve to win and win we shale !

*************************WARNING HARSH BUT NEEDED WORDS *******************************
    To throws of you who Joined this game thinking it was a safe place think again 4 years ago every bend every port was a MYSTERY the thrill of the hunt am i going to be killed or am i going to be a valued member of the empire and over come all obstacles so thows nubes that want to leave

adios

to throws that adapt to the coming insurrection we need valued allies grow fight and learn your trades

so stop being a sissy Man up and buff up !
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Attacks on towns are fine, but massive attacks on towns in overwhelming numbers are not things that some players would like. How would you like it if Reklar or Fafnir has decided to take up camp a few meters from your plot or lair for a couple of weeks blocking your ability to enter your plot or lair during that period, while at the same time the overwhelming number of WA proved way to much for the people who at the moment have been online. Going from no fights to constant fights might prove that more players will leave then return if such events happen.
    Let us just be happy with easy to beat events for now considering it is more then this game has seen for a long time and if players from all level ranges seem to enjoy themselves keep increasing the pressure from there.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Attacks on towns are fine, but massive attacks on towns in overwhelming numbers are not things that some players would like. How would you like it if Reklar or Fafnir has decided to take up camp a few meters from your plot or lair for a couple of weeks blocking your ability to enter your plot or lair during that period, while at the same time the overwhelming number of WA proved way to much for the people who at the moment have been online. Going from no fights to constant fights might prove that more players will leave then return if such events happen.
    Let us just be happy with easy to beat events for now considering it is more then this game has seen for a long time and if players from all level ranges seem to enjoy themselves keep increasing the pressure from there.
    CCP in EvE Online are about to release a new free expansion where something like WA (undead pilots!) in deranged and rusty (almost blighted) ships come in to occupy and ravage whole constellations. They may camp passageways and resource locations (asteroid belts) and do all sort of nastyness. Their mere presence nerfs armor and blocks some forms of help (I am being purposedly imprecise since not all have experience with that game).
    Of course some are crying and even calling the I AM PAYING CUSTOMER boo hoo but here's the catch: those devs won't care because they want the game to stay true. It's a combat game and the attack comes to kill billions of people not to kindly ask:

"Sir, could we pretty please stand near your plot? We might inconvenience your silos #3622 entrance for some minutes, we beg for your pardon".

A game doing like this would not be worth playing.
    The WA are the most wussified enemy of the MMO panorama, not having a reason to fight, not having motivation or drive is what kills games.

Why put in the effort to grind 260 classes, why building up 3 T6 plots when all of this is for some 2003 version of Sim City? Minus the Sim City calamities of course.

Hey that undead pilot thing sounds like the crazy bad guys from Firefly..lol.

Just...a thought.

Though honestly lighteningclaw- no..four years ago was not death and/or mystery around every bend. Not really sure what you're talking about there...lol. I've never felt that way...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    CCP in EvE Online are about to release a new free expansion where something like WA (undead pilots!) in deranged and rusty (almost blighted) ships come in to occupy and ravage whole constellations. They may camp passageways and resource locations (asteroid belts) and do all sort of nastyness. Their mere presence nerfs armor and blocks some forms of help (I am being purposedly imprecise since not all have experience with that game).
    Of course some are crying and even calling the I AM PAYING CUSTOMER boo hoo but here's the catch: those devs won't care because they want the game to stay true. It's a combat game and the attack comes to kill billions of people not to kindly ask:

"Sir, could we pretty please stand near your plot? We might inconvenience your silos #3622 entrance for some minutes, we beg for your pardon".

A game doing like this would not be worth playing.
    The WA are the most wussified enemy of the MMO panorama, not having a reason to fight, not having motivation or drive is what kills games.

Why put in the effort to grind 260 classes, why building up 3 T6 plots when all of this is for some 2003 version of Sim City? Minus the Sim City calamities of course.
    In a game in which people are already accustomed to fighting due to it being a PvP game I agree.
    In a game were it is common to have players and their guilds or better said corporations laying waste or rule an entire solar system I agree.
    In a game in which hasn’t seen any real events for a long long time apart from player created versions by pulling epic mobs from their homes to Bristugo and the recent small time mob drops that Amon has been doing recently.
    I don’t think it is a good idea to start making such drastic measures overnight and too hasty. That is why I wish to see a more cautious approach. Instead of the dramatic massive assault that Lightning Claw would like to see.

Not counting the fact that it is nice to have full scale assaults from WA blighting the whole area, but then the opposite should also be possible… De-blighting areas which have been assaulted by players long enough.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

Just...a thought.

Though honestly lighteningclaw- no..four years ago was not death and/or mystery around every bend. Not really sure what you're talking about there...lol. I've never felt that way...
    Reavers?!?!?

I ain't messin' with no gorram Reavers, Mal!

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

that ain't no way for a man to die!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

Just...a thought.

Well this was back when i was a hachie and Every time i ported i guess there was an event or a dev liked to spawn things on top of me who knows but thats what got me hooked i vowed today i live in fear but one day soon my enemies shale fear me ! Chose the path of a Lunus (Lunitic dragons i call them ) and charge in to battle just about every time i log in (When health permits )

That and by some freakishly large lag spikes i wound up facing Valcor the Impaler at lv 13 (Wondered up there and made it some how )
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Not counting the fact that it is nice to have full scale assaults from WA blighting the whole area, but then the opposite should also be possible… De-blighting areas which have been assaulted by players long enough.
    This i would back totally 100 %

Dragon boy i am not talking 109439898723 raining down all at once i am talking about Population appropriate spawns of 20 or 30 mobs buffed to the 9s that would give a ranked 210 or dragon equivalent a run for there money and actually kick our buts 50 yards up the field take over Outpost town b near major city C and have us drive back the forces and retake the land and rebuild the town with an artifact

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    This i would back totally 100 %

Dragon boy i am not talking 109439898723 raining down all at once i am talking about Population appropriate spawns of 20 or 30 mobs buffed to the 9s that would give a ranked 210 or dragon equivalent a run for there money and actually kick our buts 50 yards up the field take over Outpost town b near major city C and have us drive back the forces and retake the land and rebuild the town with an artifact
    Sounds fun, but like the rant created by a Blight player... Be carefull with the dificulty and how often these attacks happen. Despite what this game is supposed to have, many play this game as well for its relaxed crafting and do not want to log in every day having to fight of another WA attack. Attacks can be fun, but not to often or it becomes annoying... Maybe even for those that live for the fights.

Thread Information