Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The War of the Fallen Son

Post Re: The War of the Fallen Son

having heard of an ongoing war, the saris wanted to see by herself, and maybe help if she could, so she went to her house to put her healer armor on, then head back to the teleport disk.

As soon as she appeared on the pad, she went in the middle of a fight, with dragons and strange golems all around.
    Meeoww that's bad... very bad...
    Casting ice spells to protect herself and slow the attackers, she did climb to have a better view of the battlefield, and soon she manages to see Lung' and Tag' flying and attacking from the air, while others attack from the ground.

She decided to look a bit longer, hoping to discover the enemy's target and help in protecting it.

Default Re: The War of the Fallen Son

- OoC - (I'll wait Kaerisk's next post to continue ) - OoC -

Default The War of the Fallen Son

(I wouldn't. You might want to dodge Lung. Maurger's pointing his lazers at you. pewpewpew. ;p)
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

- OoC - (You mean I can make LungTien dodging or being hit by the beam, if you didn't write the titan was firing?) - OoC -
    Last edited by LungTien Temeraire; December 13th, 2010 at 03:27 PM.

- OoC on - (Well, I'll post, considering the titan used its dark beams. Sorry for the time I took to post, then. - OoC off -

LungTien Temeraire blinked when he saw the blind titan do a few steps towards the portal, and he flew away, towards the sky, hoping to dodge the imminent storm. The black dragon managed to do so and started to fly back, panting.

The ancient bared his teeth in frustration as the titan created new eyes at each tendrils' tip, and when he heard Maurger demanding submission and worship. His eyes widened as the huge golem raised these threatening tricuts towards Tagath and him. Using his fading last forces, the spellcaster dived desperately to not be hit, while roaring:

-Tagath! Warning! He will...

Then, the dark beam stroke his left wing, his tail and rear legs, and the black ancient was cut by the pain. Temeraire felt, maws wide-open but unable to roar with the shock, to fall towards the ground, under the disappeared floating rooms. LungTien crashed on the grass, making dirt and grass fly everywhere around his large body.

The black Helian was still alive, but unconscious and very near death ; his wings, tail and hindlegs withered, and several bones broken.

- OoC - (And I meant: "Temeraire had his maws wide open but he was unable to roar with the shock, and he fell" and not "Temeraire felt" :< ) - OoC -

- OoC - (And sorry for the triple post, but I didn't see another thing at the last sentence: not "his wings", but "his left wing" ) - OoC -

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Tagath saw the titan's arms raise, the crystals in the hands beginning to charge. It is fast. I must be faster. If it was going to fire at him, it would have to learn where he was. Tagath looked around and saw the places he needed to go and when he needed to go there. He began his frantic hops between, going around the titan to be visible for only a split second before hopping to another spot. Each moment out of between lasted only long enough for the eye tendrils to catch a glimpse of the blue dragon before he hopped to another spot, always clockwise, a bit further ahead, yet never the same distance twice.

C`gan saw the odd aerial display Tagath was putting on and smiled to himself. What was to come from the cunning dragon? Anyone who kept watch of him circling and jumping so quickly would get very dizzy.

DIZZY! He's going to be VERY dizzy trying to keep up with Tagath's jumps if he can just keep it up, C`gan thought. And while that thing tries to keep up with Tagath, it gives us the chance. C`gan raced back to the vault and grabbed his mithril mining pick. That thing may have two skins of stone, but no stone yet has resisted my pick's prying. With it, he raced back and resumed his volley of crossbow bolts at the titan, trying to get in more damage beforehand.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Catching sight of a plummeting form out of the corner of her eye, Awdz glanced and then did a doubletake. No! LungTien, hang in there, we need you! Quickly she disengaged from skirmishing with the army and scurried toward the titan once again.

Awdz ducked down, making full use of her small size to try to avoid notice by the many tentacle eyes above. Scanning the activity, she waited for an opening, hoping that was smoky dragon breath at LungTien's snout and not just kicked up dust from the battle. When the opening came, she dove through it to LungTien's battered form.

Summoning her most powerful spells from her clerical bond with the Goddess Istara, the gnome cast purifying heals and buffs on the dragon, focusing on the withered appendages and broken bones. As the battle raged around and directly above them, a few gifts for protection were quickly cast on the dragon as well...

((mmhrr. I'm sorry i've kinda dropped out XD. life caught up with me the i forgot about this. I'm not certain if i feel like posting again after having been behind this long... I might. But just as well I might not. XD))

LungTien slowly regained consciousness as the gnome's spells healed his injuried black body. Covered by some dirt from the crash, the ancient was breathing weakly. He growled deeply, not entirely healed, and he opened his blue eyes softly, to look at the little gnome's form.

Temeraire was now very exhausted, and he would surely not be able to take his flight again before several days. Focusing his blurred vision on Awdz, and still lying on his belly, the black dragon barely raised his right forepaw, pointing at one of the titan's weakened parts.

-Hmmmrrr... Ice... on rock....fire on... goo...

The blinded dragoness began to feel a storm of wrongness building ahead, an unmistakable force of something absolutely opposite primal and arcane power. Before the storm hits, she opts to dodge it by phasing out of the prime onto the ethereal, a loud scream like a rusty nail being pulled from a board echoing around as she vanishes from the sight of those who cannot see this level of reality.

Normally she could see them here while they were oblivious to her, and she could also see wandering spirits and ghosts who lived there. She could hear noise from the prime, but her voice was silent to them. She couldn't interact with them however, as they could not with her; if she tried to touch someone, she would pass through them as if they were naught but an image.

She used this to escape the black storm she could feel and hear, but not see. As Maurger spoke, it ignited a bitterness and a rage inside her. She does not bow. She does not worship, and never would she worship something that turned her into a corpse. Her beautiful body -- it was a hideous, blind husk now and she'd probably spend the next year figuring out how to reverse the damage. In the end, he was taking away her precious research time that she could be using for more useful things.

Under the cloak of ethereal, she heard the golem prepare to wither two more. By this time she had simply walked through the defender's images, and a wall of edari defenders. When lungTien fell, she was under the titan, discerning its location from the noise it made when it moved.

It would now be a difficult maneuver, a chain of spells would exhaust her and if the titan got her in time, it would utterly fail. -- but at least hopefully she would die and then be reborn whole again. She hoped. ((Zombie mage might be interesting a while to play with..))

Within the timeframe of 10 seconds, she attempts to perform the following maneuver in order ((Point form for your convienience)):

1. Raises her arcane barrier. Augments it a little bit by funneling more mana than usual into the barrier.
    2. Teleports herself to drop over the titan's back on the ethereal, because her wing membranes are gone and cannot fly.
    3. Phases out of ethereal as she starts to drop, causing the telltale loud rusty nail scream.
    4. Braces her shield all to the front in a cone shape, like a nail.
    5. Starts casting a spell.
    6. Just before contacting the titan's back, the spell completes. She cast a crushing spell on herself. But the fun part is she knows that this is contradictory spell to the barrier because of opposing forces. The barrier is anchored to her. By casting it on herself, she causes the barrier to explode violently, and because of how she shaped it, it turns into an array of energy needle spikes. They launch into the titan's back in a focused pattern around the center, while there is a small cone area of fallout from near where the barrier's edge was.
    7. Burning hands the resulting large hole and attempts to latch on.

Seeing Lungtien fall, and awdz run to help him, the snow pard' decide to cover both of them, racing to them as only a saris can do, and casting ice shackles and roots to keep the strange golems from attacking her friends, then once near them, near enough to keep them in the eye of the storm, she calls a tempest to clean the surroundings

(bahh - the holidays and work continue to blast me - I'm going to bow out of Active RP - I dont' want to keep anyone up or seem like I'm just not reading. I am! I Just am not having time to compose and post . Frith will content herself with fighting in the ranks and file, trying her best to keep back the forces while others are dealing with the titan. If I'm able to post in the future I may jump back in actively but I feel bad having not been able to post in like two weeks - so battle on! She is with you in spirit! )
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

- OoC - (Where is everyone? : ( ) - OoC -

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

((I'm waiting to see what Ausixen says to Cal's idea, but I suppose I can post something in the meantime. Sel is still rampaging in Dralk; haven't heard much about what's going on there. I think all the generals are dead there.))
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

(Ah, sorry. Getting distracted by life again. It's the holidays, I s'ppose.

@Brightcat: You figured out how to beat phase one! Lung and the others pushed that along, so he's broken off his armor in several places; we're in phase two now~ pick a body part. As for Dralk, yeah - it's pretty much cleanup there now. Battle is still raging, but with no generals, it's a losing one for the Edari.

@All: I'll post up a titan action tomorrow. For now, let's have Ausi direct us to towards a finish. Azu's already got the right idea. There'll likely be a large chunk taken out of his back.)

Ausixen held back as the second storm passed; his weapon was the only one that could kill Maurger, and so he had to be careful he did not lose to the Titan first. In its wake, however, the storm had left breaches in several parts of the Titan's outer stoneflesh - and the stone beneath was that of the weak slate of Granitefall. Ausixen knew what had to be done.

"Everyone! Concentrate your fire on the exposed areas! If we can take them out, we can bring him down!"

The Purple Phoenix charged forward, tearing at the right leg's slate with his holy claws, glowing with Drulkar's disdain for the Fallen Son. He latched onto the Titan's foot and continued to carve, each hit a sort of vengeance for his forced role in the Edari's creation.

"Hurry! There is no telling if he can repair the damage done to the armor! This may be our only chance!" Ausixen shouted.
    "Resurgam!"

- OoC - (np Kaerisk We have all a real life, you can take your time, as well as everyone. ) - OoC -

Azu's actions once more drew the attention of Maurger; she was proving to be a constant and annoying threat. An admirable trait, he thought. She would make for an excellent servant, with the proper motivation.

Dirt, rock, and dust fell out from the exploded back where Azu's spell had affected him, crashing onto any unsuspecting people below. Though the giant had been seriously injured, its rider had suffered no ill effects. Indeed, with the outer shell destroyed and the chunk of rock gone, he had a chance to move through the porous inner rock and strike out directly at his close-quarters attacker.

Tendrils of Maurger's black ooze snacked out around the barrier of force that Azu had created and wrapped around her, pulling her into the now rough and damaged dirt. The ooze itself seemed to speak to her, audible to her over the din of battle but to no others. "I shall break you and remake you in my image!" He exclaimed, the tendrils squeezing.

Erstwhile, Ausixen's attack on the golem's right leg began to cause the Titan to tilt; however, Maurger paid it no mind, his attentions focused on his irritating attacker. Even Daemonar's scream did not shake him. He felt himself beyond reproach, beyond them all! None would ever surpass him!
    "Resurgam!"

Awdz saw the titan go for Azu again and swore under her breath: "Entropy, I did not rez that dragon just to have you rip her apart again!" Taking a deep breath, she forced herself to concentrate. Focusing her energies as taught in the mage school, she cast the perfect [Dark Cyclone], so strong that it split into multiple cyclones. The group of them was centered where others had screamed defenders should aim - where the titan's outer shell had fallen away.

Thread Information