Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother lodes of resources

imported_Bit

Default Mother lodes of resources

Just wondering what the concensus is regards the gathering of mother lode nodes of resources.

Personally, I think they are a great addition to the game and have come to the conclusion that no individual could deplete a single node in 'one sitting'. Therefore, I, and many others that I have noticed do not expect exclusive access to it; as we would normal and rich nodes. Normally, I have a brief chat to others gathering from the same node and this has resulted in many fruitful trades that would not have happened otherwise.

This was not the case last night however. After starting to gather from a mother lode that another player already was, I stopped gathering in deference to their opinion that exclusive access was expected. Not suprisingly, the node was not depleted and I then continued to gather just short of 15k bulk (full silk and tarbs obsidian disk). Even then the node was not empty and managed to get another partial load from it - sharing it with another player as would be mine, and theirs norms (I confirmed that they didn't mind prior to proceeding to gather).

That said, if you see me gathering from a mother lode, feel free to join in - you never know what might result form any chats we have [:D]

Bit

Default Re: Mother lodes of resources

hear hear, i share them too

Lol, no problem at all. I once managed to fill up 4 times (460 ore each) and a half on one motherlode of mithril. Still don't know if i was the first to lay my hands on it. [:)]

As we speak of it: Any1 has sort of an exact number on how much you can get off an motherlode? I heard rumours of 4k resource ...

i think nodes disappear after a number of swings at it, and then it depends on your skill how much you get out of one node

Ambrosia Darkstar

When i find a mother lode i shout it out. I mean we miners take care of each other[:)], heal the others who encounters golems and have a generally nice and friendly atmosphere on the field. Mother lodes are to be shared

Valfreyja

I looooove mother lodes yum yum yum [;)]

Yes, I to believe nodes have a swing count instead of a resource count. To the topic: I grant people exclusive access to their motherlodes and in turn expect similar treatment when I mine/quarry the one I am at. After all, it is free for others to use when I have filled my scalepack and flown away or recalled. Surely they can curb their enthusiasm while I take my share?

As an aside, anyone seen rich or motherlode essence residue nodes? I don't think they exist.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I type /warcry , plant a spear in the ground next to the motherload with a grulet severed head atop it and nobody gathers from it but me [6]

hehe, seriously tho motherloads rock and the given 'rule' or understanding that if someone is gathering from a node you find a different one; need'nt apply to motherloads as there is generaly enough for 2 to fill up at!

Anyone who swings a pickaxe to the node i'm mining at gets a boink on the head from my pickaxe [:D]

I'm serious, I think its extremely rude when ppl come and mine on the node your working on, must be a left over from my UO days.

When i leave the node they can do with it whatever they want, but not aslong as i am mining on it.

Thats the same like the old AOP back in the days, just because it was a mob with 17k hitpoints ppl thought it was a free for all and could start hitting on it when others tried to kill it.

EDIT: Stupid forum censors P I C K A XE !!!!

Torquil

Quote Originally Posted by Ariwena
    Anyone who swings a ***xe to the node i'm mining at gets a boink on the head from my ***xe [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

I'm serious, I think its extremely rude when ppl come and mine on the node your working on, must be a left over from my UO days.

When i leave the node they can do with it whatever they want, but not aslong as i am mining on it.

Thats the same like the old AOP back in the days, just because it was a mob with 17k hitpoints ppl thought it was a free for all and could start hitting on it when others tried to kill it.

EDIT: Stupid forum censors P I C K A XE !!!!
    Try using the civilized word for it : ore extraction tool [:P]

*boinks the dorf my ore extraction tool on the head!*

Anulaibar

Sorry to derail this, but in what language is P I C K A a swearword? picka(just for test)

I am pretty sure it's not english, nor norwegian, fairly sure it's not german.

See me at a mother lode then plz feel free to stand beside me and mine it too. [:)]
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

Con

mayhapsthe context (mother, whether her name is lode or something else) makes p i c k a x ea swearword [:D]

Varaenion

Thats a bloody good idea. Next time I find such a node, I invite the gatherers around me. *smiles*
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Anulaibar

Quote Originally Posted by Con
    mayhapsthe context (mother, whether her name is lode or something else) makes p i c k a x ea swearword [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Varaenion
    Well, it's reacting to the P I C K A, wonder if pick and axe works... and it does. So I am pretty sure that in the word list(or dictionary) that this board sofstware uses contains an entry for P I C K A and is censoring it.

And I really want to know in what languages that is a swearword, cuz I am really curious now, or atleast if a mod could explain this.

Aeryal

Quote Originally Posted by Anulaibar
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Con wrote: mayhapsthe context (mother, whether her name is lode or something else) makes p i c k a x ea swearword [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Varaenion

Well, it's reacting to the P I C K A, wonder if pick and axe works... and it does. So I am pretty sure that in the word list(or dictionary) that this board sofstware uses contains an entry for P I C K A and is censoring it.

And I really want to know in what languages that is a swearword, cuz I am really curious now, or atleast if a mod could explain this.

It is a swear word in Croation. FYI:)

Aeryal

i can only think of pick achu, he is saying pi cka pi cka a lot, and i would be swearing too if i get bossed around all the time

Anulaibar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryal

It is a swear word in Croation. FYI[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Aeryal
    Thx.. Learn something new every day. :-)

I think motherloads are a great way to have a chat with you fellow crafters. I think they are not exclusive like normal and rich nodes are.

With trees you have normal, large, massive and grandfather.

Well as you know how long it takes to take down a massive tree which is about the same time as a regular motherload then i think you can understand how long a grandfather tree would take.

I don't know this but i can imagine it would take too ******** long to demand exclusive rights.

We have a community here ppl, when you see someone die and you can ressurect you do it too while you know the other will kill the mobs you are hunting too so why not share your motherloads we already have enought greed in real life.

Thread Information