Thread: Some dragon ideas

Default Some dragon ideas

I just thought of some things that just to me make no logical sense even in a fantasy setting. The first is the satyr ability Satyr Horn Attack and the second would be the berserker ability "Headbutt" both of these should not ever work against a Adult and Ancient dragons except when in khutit form or hatchling just because no way for a biped to stun a dragon of that size with either of these attacks. The other was a suggestion that maybe the Dragon ability "tailwhip" have a small aoe effect maybe like area of 5 at most

Default Re: Some dragon ideas

I can't imagine why you would ever want the racial ability-why you chose that character- not to work.

What i am trying to say is it makes no sense in any way that biped hitting a adult dragon or ancient size dragon in their leg with their head would do anything including stun a a dragon. Even fictionally the biped would have to be as tall as the adult or ancient dragon is what i am trying to state an just a idea of a suggestion that those two abilities work on a dragon if the dragon is either a hatchling or in khutit form adult and ancient are just too large for a biped hitting their head against a leg

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    both of these should not ever work against a Adult and Ancient dragons except when in khutit form or hatchling just because no way for a biped to stun a dragon of that size with either of these attacks.
    Unless of course the abilities are not purely *physical* - they could be magical, and it doesn't matter where exactly they hit the opposing party.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

I cant see how either of them would be anything other than purely physical attacks since both are by the biped using their head

Maybe the horns are magical and everything they touch is just "stunned" for a small time.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

This happens to be a fantasy game... imagine you can jump down the tallest tower and drop like a brick to the floor and then happily go on with your business.

Anyway if you REALLY need a realistic roleplay sathyr stun vs a dragon imagine you are ramming not a dragon leg but "something protruding else" that would leave the poor beast stunned for sure.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Gah! Varokh! Why?! Ohhhh gah... man! CHEAP SHOT. Hahahahaha. Terrible pictures come to mind.

Hehe... Vahrokh... You hit the nail right on the head, or was it the Satyr on a dragon bell...
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

sigh*covers face with her wing*
    when it comes to that, males of all races are in peaceful agreement.
    I wish they were like that in more important things like
    peace on earth or ecology.
    History should be herstory!^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    History should be herstory!^^
    Sure, cause women really did many important things in the world, other than things that mostly benefit themselves. Yeah right.

But he's got a point with the horn attack. But this being a fantasy game, there is no need to. If you change this, then you have to change everything. Then dragons should be able to kill 5 WA mobs in one attack. Cause that's how strong dragons are/were. I don't see that happening in thousand years in Istaria.
    Student in Machinima.
    Ryuko Dawnbreaker: lvl 34 adult.
    Comosal Dawnbreaker: lvl 14 hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by stephan27 View Post
    But he's got a point with the horn attack. But this being a fantasy game, there is no need to. If you change this, then you have to change everything. Then dragons should be able to kill 5 WA mobs in one attack. Cause that's how strong dragons are/were. I don't see that happening in thousand years in Istaria.
    Ow that sounds great, all dragon attacks having a range and area... *Imagines Gold Rage on large group of mobs at the same time*

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Ow that sounds great, all dragon attacks having a range and area... *Imagines Gold Rage on large group of mobs at the same time*
    it would just increase more the difference between Helian spellcasters and Lunus melee-warriors : P

Thread Information