Thread: Evasion and Armor Use (Mostly Armor Use)

Threaded View

Default Evasion and Armor Use (Mostly Armor Use)

Just throwing these out there..

While I'd love to see armor use just go away, could we at least make it a less frustrating stat? Most people I know harbor absolutely no love for it. Classes like Cleric and Reaver, who are known for wearing heavy armor, cannot wear T5 platemail without raising a 10 AU/level class to at least 91. Some classes, like Bloodmage, can't even wear low-end T5 armor at 100 and that seems.. wrong to me. I can understand crafting classes being stuck at T4. Adventure classes not so much.

Three suggestions I've come up with:

Allow us to spend training points on AU perhaps? It might take a bite out of a character's stats, but I'm sure many would spend the points to avoid having to level another class practically to 100 just for AU.

Or change armor so that the low end of a tier, e.g., T5, becomes available at level 80/800 AU, and the upper end at level 90/900 AU. At least this way, a class that gets 8 AU/level can wear the low-end of T5 at 100, and a 9 AU/level class can wear the high-end at 100. Classes with 10 AU/level would still have the advantage of being able to use armor ten or twenty levels earlier.

Or give every non-prestige class 10 AU/level so that everyone has a class that already fits with their playstyle available for leveling to 100 for the AU. If not every base class, then at least Cleric, as every other class available on the tutorial island has 10 AU/level except Cleric.

While we're at it, I'd love to see evasion and magic evasion techs. It's odd that we can put training points into these, but tech don't exist for them.
    Last edited by Raptress; December 5th, 2010 at 09:11 AM.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thread Information