Thread: Damage Dealt Calculation (an interpretation)

Default Damage Dealt Calculation (an interpretation)

.....so...

I have made a spreadsheet to model the damage dealt calculation.

http://www.crimson-dawn.org/Download...t_Modeller.xls

Is it 100% accurate? probably not. Is it close? I think so.

Warning: It is a bit complicated :P

There are lots of tabs on the spreadsheet where I have looked at different examples and modelled armor reduction, strength/skill changes and weapon base dps.

Notes
    I haven't modelled the Gaussian correctly (I've cheated and used % modifers to show the up and down ranges). I don't know the constants that go into the Gaussian so I can't accurately model it.

However what I have noticed is the higher the pre-gaussian damage figure, the closer to the +/- 10% deviation. The lower the pre-gaussian damage figure, the greater the % deviation (more noise maybe?).

Unknowns
    1. Gaussian Constants - already mentioned
    2. Weighting of delay modifiers - which gets evaluated 1st? Alacrity or Energize? Alacrity or Gummy Maggot? etc..

Exceptions (so far)
    1. VDGWC (Veteran Dark Garnet Weapon Crystal) - This crystal adds 1-1 damage delay adjusted, but it actually delay adjusts and adds to the upper damage value on the weapon its put into. Therefore it looks like it adds more damage than you would expect. Delay adjusted damage is normally added after the main calc is done. In this case its before so its scaling more.

2. Claw Mastery (and probably Unarmed Mastery) - These passive abilities are misleading as they refer to damage if you don't have a weapon (claw) equipped. Once a weapon is equipped then the mastery values are replaced by the weapon values. I haven't compared damage with/without a weapon yet as I don't know what the starting 'unarmed' values are (the skalkaar and garnet claws don't match claw mastery I).

So what does this all mean?

Reinforces things that we generally already knew.

Armor & Resistances are more effective if you are being attacked with a slower weapon (note this will balance as with a slower weapon damage dealt will be higher). Therefore taking the average weapon delay across all player weapons (38 delay) it reduces damage by 0.8 per 10 armor (delay adjusted).

Two Handed Weapons output much higher damage when compared to One Handed Weapons of same damage type and skill and level. The trade off here is that with the one handed weapons you can equip a shield. (Note. I havent checked shortbow vs longbow yet).

Delay is the key value :P

Maybe more that I haven't noticed yet

Feel free to take apart and point out flaws.

Thanks
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Default Re: Damage Dealt Calculation (an interpretation)

I've fleshed out some more details and created a proper page documenting the spread sheet now.

http://www.crimson-dawn.org/index.ph...Dealt_Modeller
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information