Thread: Update Noted on Massively.

Default Update Noted on Massively.

The Massively MMO site has a nice little notice about the current patch.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...s-for-testers/
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Default Re: Update Noted on Massively.

Good to see such a positive review, thanks for the headsup.

I was just about to post about this (my community account just got approved). I sent them the tip that got us the write up. Any time I see any live patches or major news I will continue to send them tips.

I've been away from this game for awhile (left sometime after the server merge event) and just recently returned. I also have brought my daughter with me. I feal like I have come home. There are still some things that I feel need addressed (Tazoon being empty and my giant falls through the ground when crouching being two that come to mind quickly) but overall I am having fun. WoW had ceased to be fun for me awhile ago. They made leveling too easy and I couldn't stand the end game grind. It felt like a job. I am going to stick with this game and Rift as my two primary games now I think.

I said I have brought my daughter with me, she is playing a dragon named Winner on chaos, though only on the weekends that I have her. She is 7 years old so if you see her pleas make her feal welcome.

See ya around Istaria,
    Joe

Welcome home, Joe!

Knossos (Order Shard)

Nice to see the update gaining some deserved attention, especially for the hard work put into it

Quote Originally Posted by Draelen View Post
    Nice to see the update gaining some deserved attention, especially for the hard work put into it
    We need to do something to bring more attention to this game. It deserves far better then it's gotten over the years.

Hey maybe one of these days I'll win the lotto and sink some money into developing it.

Yea Tazoon is always empty. Good or bad .

But welcome back!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Yea Tazoon is always empty. Good or bad .

But welcome back!
    Thanks, and I am refering to the lack of NPC life in Tazoon. How hard would it be to put in a bunch of filler NPC's? Even if they just stood around and did and said nothing they would make the place seem more alive, and it would encourage people to submit quests using those NPC's.

Quote Originally Posted by joemarra052075 View Post
    Thanks, and I am refering to the lack of NPC life in Tazoon. How hard would it be to put in a bunch of filler NPC's? Even if they just stood around and did and said nothing they would make the place seem more alive, and it would encourage people to submit quests using those NPC's.
    We did have fillers and every trainer in there once. That is how Tazoon earned the nickname Lagzoon. No one wanted to go there because it was laggy. (supposedly. I've never had a problem)

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    We did have fillers and every trainer in there once. That is how Tazoon earned the nickname Lagzoon. No one wanted to go there because it was laggy. (supposedly. I've never had a problem)
    I played back when the game first opened...Tazoon was rather life dead then too. I doubt though that lag from NPC's would be a problem with the current computers and connection speeds. I have a average computer and run Istaria with graphics maxed with not even a hint of lag. Add to that the lower player population would also work in our favor currently (though adding life to the cities could increase player population).

ahh well..that idea has been shot down by the devs on suggestions. back to the drawing board.

Aye - it wasn't that the NPCs in Tazoon (yes it was Lagzoon for me, and I can't comment on now because I've not even attmepted to go there in over a year or two lol) create lag - its the fact that the city is so immense and the way the game engine loads environments - that led to "lagzoon".

It did use to have more NPCs, but lagzoon was so bad they moved the NPCs out so pepole would not be forced to attempt to go there (leading to crashes and overall frustration level when you can't move but a step every few seconds and then trying to get to an NPC and click through quest info. at that pace..well you can imagine ).

Our engine - see - loads everything up in the environment wether you can see it or not. Through walls, trees, etc. EVERYTHING loads. Its *one* of the reasons we can't have furniture in houses either. Because *everything* wether you would see it or not, loads.

THus the more buildings in a city - the longer the load, the more the lag. Also a reason why say Aug. on Order lags some people when they go there because of the high volume of player plots outside of town. Because they *all* load, even if you're not going to any of the plots.

At least, upon last explanation - that's what I remember.

HOWEVER! If you're looking for the "alive" spots on Servers - I know Bristugo and usually New Trismus are pretty "active" with players if any spot in game can be said to be "active". Due to our low server populations and such, no spot in game is really BOOMING with players at any point in time. But generall those two places provide a higher chance than any other single places in the game to run into other players.

I know on Order if I go to either of those two spots I'll at least see several people around every 10 minutes or so. Wheras anywhere else in game I can literally go days and days without seeing another PC.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information