Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Default Re: Minecraft

Server craft is nice. Just disabled chop tree and restarted the server all from my droidx

Blue, how is Server Craft? I've heard mixed things about it ><
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post

REALLY too many mobs on this server. Got surrounded by 2 spiders, 3 creepers and 2 zombies all within logging in. Wasn't able to get back to my stuff in time because I died twice on the way there.
    im looking into a plugin that lets me edit monster info. got it downloaded and will mess around with it

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    Server craft is nice. Just disabled chop tree and restarted the server all from my droidx
    Edited server info from your phone? Neat!

Quote Originally Posted by GlindorOcculus View Post
    Blue, how is Server Craft? I've heard mixed things about it ><
    So far. Lag free. Very easy server controls. And great bukkit support. Only thing is cs is slooow

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    Wow.

EPIC UPGRADE TEIM!

... Can I mine with tnt in the current nospawn world by the way? >_>
    Go for it, Runos! As long as it's gotten through legit ways. Once we get the new server up, especially.

Speaking of remote server access..

I have finished a complete rewrite of the automatic backup program running on Stars' server. It allows for much improved control, access, and hopefully stability.

What's new - The program...
    • Can make as many separate backups as the user specifies (no longer just 3), which will be copied at the specified interval (48 backups at 4 hour intervals would provide 8 days worth of fallback, for example).
    • Can restore a backup of the users chosing
    • Will keep a backup log of successful backups as well as any errors it may encounter
    • Can be instructed to open a batch file, allowing it to run the server's RUN.BAT to start it
    • Can, if configured to do so, accept a single connection from a client at a time, password protected if so desired.

What's old - The program...
    • Can still make a force backup, saving the map into a unique folder untouched by the automatic copy.
    • Can still display status of its self upon request, though to a more advanced degree.
    • Will still continue from the folder it copied to last if the program is terminated for whatever reason.
    • Is still a simple command line interface, keeping resource requirements low.

The biggest feature with this program, which is the core feature that prompted me to rewrite it, is the ability to make a connection with a client program.

Any admin who possesses the client...
    • Can remotely issue a force backup
    • Can remotely restore a backup
    • Can remotely start the server (via batch file)
    • Can request the status of the backup program
    • Can request the backup log

An important thing to note is that this is all done through the command line, meaning if the server needs to be restarted or a backup needs to be restored, the server computer doesn't need to be remotely controlled via logmein (which can be pretty slow and resource intensive, since it returns a complete visual of the desktop). It'll also simply be faster, because these functions are designed to accomplish specific needs. It doesn't help that Stars' connection isn't the best for remote accessing a server, and he'll sometimes get dropped while in the middle of doing something.

If the world got corrupted and a backup needs to be restored, Stars (or any admin with the client) could quickly do the following..

1. Log into the server and /stop it in game.
    2. Connect to the backup program with the client
    3. Issue the command to restore a backup.
    4. Issue the command to launch RUN.BAT and initialize the server
    5. Disconnect.

Maybe, just maybe, issues with irreversably corrupt maps will be a thing of the past. Tis the hope, anyway. The new backup program will be put into action on the blade server once it's arrived and set up.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

we got hit with griefers today shian like 20 of them logged on and were attacking. i had to do a roll back they destroyed your house. but i did a roll back of up to 6 hours. the server is now on whitelist so if any one wants to join need to let me know so i can add you to the whitelist.

dar and shain your approved for log in

sc15.servercraft.co:2905

So, I was bored today and decided to go to: http://canihostaminecraftserver.com and got some hilarious results in comparison to the previous server specs. (Side note, the server is officially ordered and on it's way)

Old server results:

Result: Not really.
    You can host a maximum of:

Players at the same time, plus yourself

You don't have enough RAM in your system to cope with storing data for more than 4 people at the same time.

New server results:

Result: Yes, a million times!
    You can host a maximum of:

Players at the same time, plus yourself

You've got a fast enough internet connection and enough RAM to cope with a decent number of players.

I found this rather funny at the power we're going to be working with very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    we got hit with griefers today shian like 20 of them logged on and were attacking. i had to do a roll back they destroyed your house. but i did a roll back of up to 6 hours. the server is now on whitelist so if any one wants to join need to let me know so i can add you to the whitelist.

dar and shain your approved for log in

sc15.servercraft.co:2905
    Wha? Weird. Why would they destroy the house that took 4 hours to build vs. the castle that took 3 days. Silly griefers

Has anyone been noticing some odd behavior on the server? Specifically I've been hearing random animals making pain sounds as if someone hit them. I finally saw a pig die out of no where, and went over to get the porkchop that dropped, I stood in that area for a few minutes until suddenly I took 6 hearts worth of damage.. with nothing in the area. This happened to me once before in a different spot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Wha? Weird. Why would they destroy the house that took 4 hours to build vs. the castle that took 3 days. Silly griefers
    their still trying to log into the server, every 15 mins a new name tries to log a few times

Looks like that IP has found its way onto Team Avolition's youtube comments section. xD

charlie2361(10 hours ago)

hey guys and fellow aVo fans can you do me a favour please?
    i used to go on server, then i got banned for no reason at all.

could use guys please visit ' sc15.servercraft.co:2905 ' and teach them a lesson?
    even if you dont, a thumps up will be awesome, i want this server to pay
    Considering the server is new (and that it's very simple to scout out a new servercraft server by just iterating through port numbers..), there's a chance someone just found it at random and invented a small story.

Once I heard how many people were griefing the server and how many are still trying to do so, I started looking through Team Avolition's youtube comments immediately and sure enough, 10 pages deep there it was. x3 There's a good chance it's been posted there earlier than that too.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Looks like that IP has found its way onto Team Avolition's youtube comments section. xD

Considering the server is new (and that it's very simple to scout out a new servercraft server by just iterating through port numbers..), there's a chance someone just found it at random and invented a small story.

Once I heard how many people were griefing the server and how many are still trying to do so, I started looking through Team Avolition's youtube comments immediately and sure enough, 10 pages deep there it was. x3 There's a good chance it's been posted there earlier than that too.
    Is it worth locking down your server, new or old, Starstilanxs?

aVo sounds like a bunch of serious t*ats.

Just in case?

Rakku

There's most likely no need for Stars to lock down his server. His server has a much more private IP address, and that address has not been posted publicly anywhere as far as I can tell. Blue is using a Minecraft-specific premium hosting service, so his IP is likely nowhere near as private, even before he posted it in this thread.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

their still trying to log on...... but the white list is working by kicking them off. shain haven't seen you in a day. FYI your castle is safe the backup restored your castle to is awesomeness!

Finally got the map system working

here is a clean map of my server
    Map link

and here is one marked with the areas
    Map link

oh here is a funny shot at my animal farm lol, bad creeper

Hey! I can pick out individual structures in the castle if I squint real hard!

Doh. I thought I was on an island. I'm going to have to do a lot of digging to fix that. Hopefully I still have dynamite left over.

Also says "Connection refused" I was gonna work on a garden today.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Is it worth locking down your server, new or old, Starstilanxs?

aVo sounds like a bunch of serious t*ats.

Just in case?

Rakku
    It can be done if it becomes a problem, yeah, but like Raptress said it's less likely to. Blue's server isn't the only server running on sc15.servercraft.co so all it really takes to find a server at random it to just scan a range of ports, say sc15.servercraft.co from port 1000 to port 5000, and you can get a list of active ports. Once you find an active port, just hop on minecraft and connect to it.

store is done shain check it out, theres a few things you can get their like all diamond tools, tnt, flowers, glowstones, snow and more.

gate to store at spawn in area

Thread Information