Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Default Re: Minecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Darziak View Post

I'm glad I wasn't down there.

I caught a skeleton riding a spider yesterday, I was about to take a screenshot but the sun just came out and the skele burned.
    Chunk load-error! XD

I thought Notch would have fixed that by now. =\
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

A short story for you my friends. Not far from our fair village lies some mysterous ruins in the middle of a lake fed by a waterfall.

On dark nights a mysterious figure can be seen roaming about the chard ruins moaning not the wood! Not the wooooodd!!! Those brave enough may find a cheerily burning fireplace, amongst the chard stone and ashes.

The moral of the story?
    It doesnt matter if your fireplace is surrounded by stone. The wood WILL burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    A short story for you my friends. Not far from our fair village lies some mysterous ruins in the middle of a lake fed by a waterfall.

On dark nights a mysterious figure can be seen roaming about the chard ruins moaning not the wood! Not the wooooodd!!! Those brave enough may find a cheerily burning fireplace, amongst the chard stone and ashes.

The moral of the story?
    It doesnt matter if your fireplace is surrounded by stone. The wood WILL burn.
    Fireplaces cannot have any combustible objects above them and all blocks around them must be non combustible, ie stone.

On our Istarian-esque server, I'm building an epic building. Literally it's going to be massive. I'm building the Parthenon. The foundation alone is 289x595 blocks, and I haven't even measured for height yet.

Darziak has thankfully started helping me fill up the ocean/inlet with sand for me to be able to lay down the foundation alone. lol. ;.;

This is going to be a monstrously enormous building. If anyone wants to help build the sand foundation in their spare time, just look behind our normal spawn point, near the Dragon Portrait. You'll see a floating island, and past that headed due East you'll see 'The Line' started. I'm building eastward the lenth of the building. I've already drawn out how wide it'll be with the Line. Everything needs to be either flattened (in the case of mountains) or raised (in the case of land being underwater.)

If you want to help go right ahead! Just leave a note here if you do so i can include you in the credits of the WIP little video I'm going to be making about its construction! If you have any questions just PM me here or something and I'll be happy to answer. lol

So far I'm planning to build it out of wool, as I need a white texture. Unfortunately I'm fearing wool will be combustible so we'll have to be careful with flames, etc etc. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

For now a sandy foundation from the ocean is what we need the most!

I'll post pictures as I can find them good enough.

Side note: For those of you who have read Stephen King's 'The Dark Tower' book series, this Line reminds me alot of the Beam Roland follows. lol

Helpers so far:
    Darziak
    Tcei
    Last edited by Reverse; March 5th, 2011 at 02:50 AM.
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Okay I've adjusted the calculations a little accounting for the build height which i forgot about. The pillars are going to be approx. 12.36 blocks for cornerstone pillar widths, 14.40 after cornerstones.

For now, I've completed the Line, where the Line's sand ends left and right of the vertical marker, is the end of the width.

I've been putting excess stone/dirt 2 blocks under the water so i don't have to fill all the water in. And the sand can then sit on the stone and we'd only need one layer of sand as a top coating so-to-speak.

So now all that needs being done for the major part is levelling off any mountains in the way, and drawing the level out over/into the ocean area there, 595 blocks long Eastward.

Thanks to all who have helped so far! This is gonna be cool when it's done! ^^

I'll be uploading pictures to my Photobucket so check in from time to time to see!
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

See here folks what happens when the animals think were not looking.

-

It's was hilarious when i pushed the sheep to go faster.

I've agreed to help on the Ginormous task of building that Parthenon.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

A cow got stuck in that minecart and I was thoroughly amused for like 10 minutes just watching it go around and around on that track. xD
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

I've been getting Connection Lost: Timed Out msgs all day when trying to log into the server. T____T

Umm is something wrong with the server or something? I've been unable to log in since yesterday and it's giving me a Timed out error. :/

I guess something's up with the server.

Here's my square replica of the floating island.

Aww, that looks so cute, and is so creative!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Darziak View Post
    I guess something's up with the server.

Here's my square replica of the floating island.

That's so awesome! Good job. I have yet to make any replicas of anything, but I've built plenty of random buildings and a few statues here and there...
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Yay so server works again and lol i found some funny images on the net.

XD

So what seriously is wrong with the server? Why does it keep getting bugged?

Is the server down? I havent been able to log in :<

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Is the server down? I havent been able to log in :<
    I think Stars is going to have to do some general maintenance on the map I believe, it's giving the server a lot of errors.

he told me once that one of the files is corrupted, and when the map saves it just keeps saving/duplicating the corrupt file, so he needs to take down the server (not like it's already down anyway) and work on it.

I hope he does it soon..I'm having withdrawals... ;.;

And LMAO Malaquion!

found a nifty video of a MC Interstate.

http://www.break.com/usercontent/201...rstate-1934042

I don't play Minecraft myself, but I thought this was pretty cool. I found it after watching the MC Interstate (also very cool) ...

http://www.break.com/game-trailers/g...u-in-minecraft

Rakku

Thread Information