Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Default Re: Minecraft

Something.. went kinda crazy on the nospawn world, the biomes are all messed up, the water is freezing and various areas went from being forests to savanahs, swamps, etc as far as foliage and grass color goes.

What O_o?! *Goes to look*

Edit: Yeah, nature's being a jerk. It just iced in one of my boathouses. On the bright side, at least now I can walk across to the island, but this sort of defeats the purpose of it being an island.

Double edit: Wait a minute, its like the water is freezing everywhere...
    Last edited by RuneDragoon; June 20th, 2011 at 09:57 AM.

So much for the global warming theory.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Apparently the server is encountering an Ice Age, I TOTALLY have no idea why this is happening. I'll check it out when i'm home from school

Now its snowing .. where it shouldn't, how odd, I was talking about the lack of snowy areas in the nospawn map with Stars, I didn't think the computer-spirits would listen to me xD

Last night it was snowing and raining very close together ... like snow, rain, snow again. It was most odd. But yeah ice everywhere! Speaking of global warming, for the UK the effect will be cooling initially due to the gulf stream going awol. Some parts of the Uk are as far north as Moscow, and look how cold it gets there!

Anyway off topic... server is behaving weird!

Rakku

did i see right in that recent map their are corrupted chunks also?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post

I noticed that too, but thought it was just an oddity...

Are portals disabled on this server? I just made one, but I can't activate it. If it did work, should I use it or leave it? I don't want to bork the load on the server.

Rakku
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Starstilanxs View Post
    Apparently the server is encountering an Ice Age, I TOTALLY have no idea why this is happening. I'll check it out when i'm home from school
    *Sets out to build massive ice sculpture while its freezing!*

Yes but it's been there for months so it can't really be reloaded back.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Are portals disabled on this server? I just made one, but I can't activate it. If it did work, should I use it or leave it? I don't want to bork the load on the server.

Rakku
    Portals are disabled in the travel sense, fires are disabled I believe so if you want to go to the nether you have use the command /mvtp w:hainether1

Quote Originally Posted by Darziak View Post
    Yes but it's been there for months so it can't really be reloaded back.

Portals are disabled in the travel sense, fires are disabled I believe so if you want to go to the nether you have use the command /mvtp w:hainether1
    So there's no harm done by going there? I wasn't sure if such level data had been generated. Is fire disabled for craft safety (don't burn your own house down!) or to keep server performance up?

Oh well the portal looks pretty anyhow.

Rakku

Is fire disabled for craft safety (don't burn your own house down!) or to keep server performance up?
    I think its both. However the big reason is because of lightning - it can strike structures and trees. If its made of wood, well - it burns. Lets just say I'm glad the train rail won't be burning down.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    I think its both. However the big reason is because of lightning - it can strike structures and trees. If its made of wood, well - it burns. Lets just say I'm glad the train rail won't be burning down.
    Oops, sorry for double post after edit button stopped. Came to mind another thing that is disabled are TNT and creeper explosions. Creepers still hurt a lot when you get close, but they won't wreck your stuff.

So there's no harm done by going there?
    You can go there and see the main base for protection.

The only other thing that's built is my tower.

moar leak-age about 1.7

-underground....RAVINES
    seems like something pretty sweet, also propably gewd spots to find resources (linky)
    -somebody also said the sky dimension might be added (as the data for it can be found in 1.6)
    -piston mod is going official

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    I thought in an update they made fire not to be spreadable and cause forest fires any more, that a fire will die out after so many jumps

I thought in an update they made fire not to be spreadable and cause forest fires any more, that a fire will die out after so many jumps
    I think Mojang may have done that. The fire was turned off on the server when lightning was introduced (and before fire was limited) and started causing random fires outside of anyone's control. If people want fire turned back on, maybe Stars can evaluate its new behavior when he has time and decide if it can be turned on again.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Ok so with a little testing we can now use the portals to go to the Nether without the command.

Which makes W:hainether1 redundant now since I don't believe we need two nethers because the first one was never used much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Darziak View Post
    Ok so with a little testing we can now use the portals to go to the Nether without the command.

Which makes W:hainether1 redundant now since I don't believe we need two nethers because the first one was never used much anyway.
    Just say how and I'll give it a try. My flint and sickle thing didn't work.

Rakku

Yes, please share with us how you got one operational without a flint and tinder.

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

Thread Information