Thread: Minecraft

Hybrid View

Default Re: Minecraft

The only game I currently pay money for is Istaria... For now I am not planning to buy anything else one-time purchase or not.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I wasn't going to buy it originally, then I saw my lil brother playing it, and thought it looked fun. Its now part of my gaming cycle, along with Istaria, and Dwarf Fortress.

I normally dont like buying games that I can't try out in someform before hand. So many games made these days just...suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    I wasn't going to buy it originally, then I saw my lil brother playing it, and thought it looked fun. Its now part of my gaming cycle, along with Istaria, and Dwarf Fortress.

I normally dont like buying games that I can't try out in someform before hand. So many games made these days just...suck.
    Yeah, I agree entirely on that.

Minecraft was one of those very few gems of gaming in the recent years, it holds so many aspects that are fantastic about the game, the infinite world to do whatever you want in, constantly generating land as you move forward to explore more and more of it. Truly a fantastic concept brought to light with its development.

Sure, the game does have bugs, quite a few of them actually, but the gameplay so far overshadows its silly little problems.

PS: <3 Dwarf Fortress.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Alright, so I built this awesome house (awesome IMO) and I was short of iron and the like. I find a giant cave system, find 2 stacks of iron, some gold, some redstone, some lapis. I was pretty low on health at that point so I decided to get my butt out of there before something kills me. Guess what's waiting at the exit of the cave... 2 creepers. BOOM!

And my spawn point is quite far from where I was... At least iron isn't rare like diamonds then I'd be a bit more than annoyed. xP But still it was a lot of iron!
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Finally went and fiddled with it. Oddly, its pretty entertaining as a game...

First night I scrambled around with the uh first night "OMG FIND A PLACE TO HIDE AND MAKE LIGHTS" scramble. I ended up getting plopped on a half desert, half forest area (but predominately desert). Trees ad cacti were not so hard to find, but when I found coal the sun was setting down. I proceeded to burrow right into the wall where I found the coal some and block the entry off.

Burrowed a little bit in, made a divet in the wall and dropped the workbench to make things with. It wasn't a bad place at all, the doorway had a nice overhang and it was almost a cliff, making it hard for things to get to the door.

Decided however to expand a little bit as this may make a useful base of operations. One thing that had been bothering me is the array of monster-related noise from all sides. So I tunneled a bit to the right after they ceased to investigate why there was so much noise from this one side.

Eep.

I broke into a cave system, finding that I was living over a very large drop into a pit of death (or you could call it a mine). Proceeded to seal it up post haste as I was unsure what was out in the dark.

I did find the entrance to the mine and bravely trudged forward making sure to torch the place as brightly as I could. Was getting tired of nearing noises down there and wanted to see what I could dig up. Consequently was pin cushioned by a skeleton, and had to run back for my stuff.

Next day I figured out how to make a furnace, and consequently also figured out how to make my near limitless supply of sand into glass. Added windows, and window-fied my cavern view. Of course this is great because it makes a strange difference when you have windows. Its quite nice. The downside is I turned around the next night to find a creeper had made that one in a million jump and thankfully hadn't noticed me yet on the other side of the glass. More occasions netted me cases of monsters pressing their faces flat on the glass absentmindedly.

That wasn't a particularily good morning either, as the front door was camped by a pack of three creepers and many spiders. Spent the day very carefully excavating through my teetering deathtrap home to make a back door.

... Then I discovered how to make doors and was pleased. Each end got a door so I would no longer have to scramble to block up the holes I used as doors and worry about getting camped inside by some crazy critter.

Its now much more home-looking, I've made a nice ceiling and its got more than enough window. Torches are all over it outside, I can see it from a good distance off. While I can technically no longer dig to expand as I've basically burrowed out the hillside (carefully!), I think perhaps I still can expand by trying to create a path into the cavern system below, or build upwards for new levels to create a tower with.

Hehe, my first experience with a creeper was before I learned about windows. Im standing next to a little hole I made in the wall of my fort when all of a sudden I hear fhssssssssssssssss...BOOM! When my poor chara finaly picked it/hisself up. halft he fort was gone and I had a big hole protecting me from the rest of the creepers.

Yeah, Creepers can see through walls, as well as being able to climb without arms.

They're basically cactus-shaped griefers. =P

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Thread Information