Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Default Re: Minecraft

it be funny and pretty awesome if the staff would host the istaria server

If the staff got into playing Minecraft, Istaria would be lost. x3

If there are any devs that play Minecraft: You're playing a dangerous game there. xD

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Our server is still down. D: And with the new update, was gonna add some nice minecart rails around my place. But then again, the server doesn't like transport stuff. It likes to act weird when you're sitting in a boat or mine cart or something.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Should we get a hosting server? I still think it be sweet if the staff would set a side some space in their server racks for minecraft.

I did a quick peek at how much it would cost a month... hosting a server isn't cheap at all. So I'd run it off a host service myself but just cannot afford that.

I have spare computers doing nothing atm at my place, and i got a good cable line 12/9...but when it comes to networking im not the to skilled in that area. i have been able to set a lan server running at my place but but im still reading up on how to get others to access it.

Well, currently we are running the server on a 50MB down 30MB up Fios line. Pretty much the only reason that it isn't working that well is because of how little ram it has along with the CPU being a single core Celeron D (lots of people on the server at one time kills it), we are trying to update it, but we havn't had the money to do so, finding cheap DDR1 is difficult.

On another note, the reason why the server is -currently- down, is due to the recent update, it screwed some things up with Bukkit, the server wrapper that allows us to run the Mutliworld's and the RPG mod, I would temporarily disable it, but the problem with that is.. is that.. well, we appear to have logged out in the -other- worlds, so if we log in, it might completely break the server and corrupt something.

Thanks for the update star, have you also updated the sever to 1.5_01?

How about this?

http://www.servercraft.co/
    What is not bolted down is free, and if I have the tools to unbolt it, its not bolted down.

Costs money. x3 Minecraft server that we're currently using is free. Also the pricing is silly as the only discernible difference between the servers are how much RAM you're provided. And considering that's a one time charge for the company, charging you an extra $50 a month for Tier 4 over Tier 1 so that you have access to an extra 2 1/2 gigs of RAM (Which in total would probably run you ~$250 for high grade RAM) is kinda dumb.

Supposedly according to their charts each server tier has exactly the same options except Tier 1 which is missing "Additional Personal Customizable server Address".

So really all that's presented is that you're paying an extra $50 a month for an extra 2.5 gigs of RAM. Which, again, would be a 1 time charge of roughly $250 for the company (or ~4 monthly payments at that price for you) .

Also the charts are kind of questionable as well. For example: "Dual 8-Core AMD Opteron 2.4Ghz" .. Minecraft's server and plugins would come nowhere near needing to use 16 cores. Our current server is running on a low end dual core I believe, and its biggest problem is the lack of RAM (It has 512MB, just like their $15 a month server). These servers would do better with a high end quad core. (2.4ghz is pretty low-end for AMD also). And "Support for hMod Alternatives and CraftBukkit!" Well there's no reason there wouldn't be any.

Finally they don't specify how much hard drive space you get which, for a Minecraft server, is somewhat important to know.

Thanks for suggesting, though. Don't take this as an attack on you, it's not, it's me poking at servercraft. x3
    Last edited by Akrion; April 23rd, 2011 at 10:41 PM.

Eh, your right, on closer inspection it is kinda dumb.
    What is not bolted down is free, and if I have the tools to unbolt it, its not bolted down.

Yeah, server hosts often seem to be that way. >.>

Hello guys! New update about the minecraft server! It will be up and running later today, craftbukkit has released their latest update which is the reason why we havn't been able to actually run the server; leading factor due to it running a multiworld plugin. I am currently on my laptop visiting relatives so I don't have access to the server remotely, so I have to wait until I can get everything settled with that for it to be up -early- today. In either case, the server -will- be running by tonight (PST based time zone)

woot, glad to here star, thanks again for maintaining the minecraft server

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SERVER.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

By the Unholy Scaled Deep-Ones I have been ABSOLUTELY ITCHING to get back to building my Citadel to the Endless Hungerer and Alter to dreaming Cthulu!

Thankoo Stars for being such a star and doing servery stuffs for us!

Slee Maogrin- Chaotic, spotty warmonger of Order~

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Awesome! Now I can install complex minecart rails around my house! *has been practicing on her single player maps*. x3 Got an epic rail going from my first home base to another that's quite far. Built it all by hand too. Can't imagine getting that dumb thing to work with only glitch boosters. @_@
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Since the server seems to rely upon mods now (which break pretty much guaranteed every update), might I suggest not updating the server until the new update's craftbukkit version is out? That also might mean that anyone who is able to would forgo updating their Minecraft client until that time as well. This way, the server shouldn't be down for a week or something after every update.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Since the server seems to rely upon mods now (which break pretty much guaranteed every update), might I suggest not updating the server until the new update's craftbukkit version is out? That also might mean that anyone who is able to would forgo updating their Minecraft client until that time as well. This way, the server shouldn't be down for a week or something after every update.
    Well.. it was mostly that the server software was updated as well to match 1.5, all the 1.5 clients couldn't connect to 1.4 so whoever had 1.4 would get the outdated version error. Craftbukkit is actually not usually this slow at updating, apparently they had some major issues with it due to the delay that notch put on releasing the 1.5 update, they pretty much put everything on halt as they did haave it done, but when a ton of stuff was added, they completely had to redo the file structures. Funny enough, most every payed for server with craftbukkit was down for this entire time. XD

Server is officially up and running! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Starstilanxs View Post
    I have just created an additional world: Hai-NoSpawn
    In this world, the rules are simple... do not spawn any item, even if you desperately need it!
    To teleport to it, type:

/mvtp w:Hai-NoSpawn
    BUMP this is for brightcat how is lost in the spawn world

and thank you star i was able to log in and many others have also today

Thread Information