Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Default Re: Minecraft

So is there a border now? Meaning can we explore without it drawing new tiles?
    Some of those areas are neat.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    Think i miss calculated the radius when setting the border limit for the world
    Right click and save...4 meg image
    Map link

server is running at 700 megs+ i may shrink it or do a roll back let me know on server performance

i don't want to get rid of it because the snow regions spawn so far out and i did want some snow regions in the world
    I KNEW IT! I KNEW THE WORLD WAS FLAT!!!!

=P Anywho, that's one big world.. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    So is there a border now? Meaning can we explore without it drawing new tiles?
    Some of those areas are neat.
    yes feel free to explore world boundary is 1500 all that will happen is you will get knocked back saying you will reach the edge. though the map i linked is still Valid we just cant go as far. i got a map of current world haven't had time to shrink it yet been busy on an exciting new plugin..custom recipes! here is so far what i added, yes sponge is in the list because sponges can suck water and lava away from a 5block radios around them now, makes getting rid of lava while digging easy
    #Grass
    @Shaped
    Air Seeds Air
    Dirt Dirt Dirt
    -> 3x Grass

#glowstone
    @Shaped
    Glass Glass Glass
    Air glowstonedust Air
    Cobblestone Cobblestone Cobblestone
    -> 6x glowstone

#mossystone
    @shaped
    Air Seeds Air
    -> 6x Mossy stone

#ice block
    @Shapeless
    snowball, water bucket
    -> 12x Ice

#portal block
    @shapeless
    redstonedust, Glass, glowstonedust
    -> 1x 90

#cobweb
    @shapeless
    Wool, String
    -> 1x cobweb

#sponge
    @Shaped
    Wool glowstonedust Wool
    Wool glowstonedust Wool
    Wool glowstonedust Wool
    -> 1x spnge

#cactus
    @shaped
    Air String Air
    Air Seeds Air
    wood sapling(6) Wood
    -> 3x cactus

#snowblock
    @Shaped
    Air waterbucket Air
    snowball Ice snowball
    -> 12x snowblock

Also Shain check out the new wool portal at the spawn area..i make a sweet sheep spawning factory that rain sheep from the sky..bring your shears ^^

Edit: im all ears for recipe suggestions

i think the 1.8 update is coming tomorrow i been following the news on it..sounds cool but sounds like it is going to mess up the world. in the forums i have been reading some say wait for 1.9 to do the map reset since 1.9 is going to be another game changer to the world.

i think the 1.8 update is coming tomorrow i been following the news on it..sounds cool but sounds like it is going to mess up the world. in the forums i have been reading some say wait for 1.9 to do the map reset since 1.9 is going to be another game changer to the world.
    But 1.9 also won't be until roughly around November so.. I don't see much reason in not throwing up a map for people to play around on until then.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

1.8 is due September 12th.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

So the 1.8 Pre-release has dropped! Its quite a lot of fun! At least until the endermen come and start deconstructing your home B:

1.8 is pretty awesome =) I found an abandoned mineshaft already and keep getting my butt whooped by blue spiders. The venom brings your health down to half a heart but it won't kill ya. I'll upload some pictures later.
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

How and why are they not attacking you? >GJ with the friendly creepers. lol
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
    How and why are they not attacking you? >GJ with the friendly creepers. lol
    I have no clue lol. Maybe they had a change of heart? I didn't get much time with them because the server restarted and they were gone =(

Cave draconis.

Can't say I'm happy with 1.8. Is there a way to turn the fog of war off? I can't tell if it's night or day. Can't watch the sun rise or set either. I've made 4 new worlds and each has so much water, there's no real nice places to build.

Sounds like you've upped the fog. try pressing F (assumng you've not remapped the key) a few times.
    Or go Options > Video Settings and set the Render Distance to Far.

It seems that there is now actual oceans with islands and contients in game now. (and rivers too!!!) Could try Derpy Sheep, that dumped me in the middle of a large forest. Or gimmeabreak that sets you down in the middle of a villege.

My personal fav is Drovlarg. It sets you down on an island, there's a large continent to the south a short ways tons of water every other direction I've explored so far tho.

Edit: Enderman in my lighthouse. There's a second one you cant see at the bottom taking blocks out of my lighthouse!

Here's some screenies of the abandoned mineshaft with an underground ravine of some sort. Be sure to have more than 1 sword with you. There are tons of cobwebs which you'll have to cut through with a sword.

Cave draconis.

Alright guys, I know it has been a while, but... I'm back around!

I have some good news and some bad news, the server is an IBM Blade Server and it can not be ran without specific parts required by IBM machines.

Good news, however! The old server is back up and running Minecraft 1.8! We welcome you all back on it to enjoy the new content and hopefully a stable server. So please, stop on by the Istarian Minecraft server as all of us admins have missed having you around.

If you're looking to play on the server, you're going to need 1.8. You can get the release from: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/minecraft.jar

To install, you need to press 'Windows Key + R' this will bring up the run window. (If you are not sure what the windows key is, it is the little key in the middle of control and alt on most U.S. Keyboards, not too sure about other regions)
    From here, type: %appdata%
    Navigate to .minecraft/Bin
    Overwrite the previous 'Minecraft.jar' with the new one.
    Launch Minecraft using the Minecraft.exe

The IP address for the server is: 99.3.92.84

Enjoy, guys! I hope to see you back on!

Yay! Glad to hear its back. Saddly seems down for me atm. But I look forward to popping back on later!!!

Edit: NM It's workng

1.8 is fun.

FUN.

Made a Banana-skyboat for my beb Sigvard <3
    LITERALLY YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE A BAZILLION SLEE-MADE SKYBOATS. MIILLLLLLLIONS. Fomgfun. And treehouses. Treeees!

Slee Maogrin- Chaotic, spotty warmonger of Order~

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Can't say I'm happy with 1.8. Is there a way to turn the fog of war off? I can't tell if it's night or day. Can't watch the sun rise or set either. I've made 4 new worlds and each has so much water, there's no real nice places to build.
    You have to set your view distance to far or normal in vid options.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

So I took some pics on teh server of the new stuff.

Random Spawner
    Big Mines
    Large Underground
    Village 01
    Village 02
    Huge Chasm
    My Map

Thanks for the seeds. And the help with the fog

While gimmieabreak didn't give me a village, I did end up with something like 16 chickens right at my spawn point.

I'm now happily surrounded by trees... and a small moat in case of endermen.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=02HOAF5H

Here's the new map for the server, enjoy guys : D

Edit: Also, I wanted to mention that we now have a new backup system in place. It backs up every 2 hours and keeps up to 5 backups (something that I specified). Akrion made it personally for our server so we won't have to worry about corruption like we have in the past. We do also have a remote system to said backup program, so we can force backups at any point in time as we need it.
    Last edited by Starstilanxs; September 13th, 2011 at 09:15 AM.

Thread Information