Thread: Dalimond - Suspicions of beach contamination!

Default Dalimond - Suspicions of beach contamination!

(I promise I'm not insane, evidence is in the clicky links! )

I hope I am in time to warn of this looming threat to Istaria, I bring news of concern from the beaches of Dalimond!

I had just returned with a fellow hatchling group of friends from the nearby fields, testing our claws against the Ruxus that inhabit the area while assisting one of our group to through her adventure ranks. We returned in good humour, especially after one of our party decided tease some of the unfortunate portly creatures, running around and grinning as they made a misguided but determined attempt to munch his shiny blue tail off.

We parted company some moments later. I decided to pad over to the Dalimond Pier to rest while taking in the relaxing views of the ocean beyond. The nearby lighthouse faithfully casting it's reassuring glow across the water.

Just as I reached the edge of the pier, I saw something I previously thought only reserved for fairytales and folklore. A school of flying bluegill fish!

I gave a startled grunt, my muzzle agape. My scaled brain began to race. Are these creatures a new threat to the land? What abilities do they have? Apparently hearing my surprised grunt, the school of fish suddenly turned to face me. Fearing an immiment attack, I stood ready, claws reaching out in defence. They seemed to hover in the air for a moment, their gaze unwavering. As suddenly as they took notice of me, they simply resumed their slow, soothing glide atop their rocky perch.

Perplexed, I got down to all fours again, eyeing the strange fish with a quizzical stare. There was no one to be found nearby that I could query, trying to make sure I was not going insane from inhaling too much blighted dim wisp vapours. They didin't seem to be hostile at all. Relaxing a little, and with typical youthful hatchling curiosity, I eyed the rocky outcropping, looking for a way to get closer.

As it turns out, the fish, the fish did not mind my scaled presence at all, swirling around my head and brushing past my earfins. They seemingly had no desire to communicate. I remained with them for an hour in companionable silence, as dusk began to settle. It was getting late, and with a yawn, I reluctantly left the bluegill in peace to retire to my sleeping spot.

I close my tale with a thought, what strange substances are being dumped into the pristene waters of Dalimond? Will another soul be as lucky to encounter equally friendly finned creatures? Will the entire region of dalimond soon see swarming masses of fish swirling ahead in dark clouds?

(Apoligies if this is in the incorrect area, or breaks any insanity measuring devices, please feel free to move it ;p)

Default Re: Dalimond - Suspicions of beach contamination!

I dream in Fiiiiiiiizzzz!!!!

Great story with convincing pictures
    It would have been perfect for the Herald Report if they still were here.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

VERY well done, Draelen!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i miss the heralds too....

fizzzssssshhh!!! yummy!!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

So true, the herald reports were always fun to read.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I saw the same fish several days ago.
    They seem to show up in that same area on a regular basis as of late.

Thumbs up Re: Dalimond - Suspicions of beach contamination!

I close my tale with a thought, what strange substances are being dumped into the pristene waters of Dalimond?
    *A builder dryad flutters up.*

Pssst!! I think I know the answer to your question! Awdz washes out her klava maker on the beach!

*Looks around nervously to make sure no gnomes overheard and flits quickly off!*

Ochre Tekton of Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Aren't flying fish natural to that bay where I dump the rinsings from the klava maker?

Thanks Sigi and Lovwyrm, happy to see it somewhat good read at least

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Aren't flying fish natural to that bay where I dump the rinsings from the klava maker?
    I do suspect that depends on the definition of how long a new klava-inspired species has to exist before being deemed natural ;p

fizzzzssh!!

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Good story there
    Now I'll look for flying cows.

Thread Information