Thread: Backpack pouches

Default Backpack pouches

I may be late to the party, but am I to understand colored pouches no longer drop?

Why?!

Am I to further understand that bipeds can craft them but they are not colored?

Am I the only person that doesn't use list view then? This bothers me greatly... I use these pouches on a daily basis every single time I hunt. They're nice and compact and easily organize hundreds of stacks of stuff that I get when I go out hunting: One for techs and spells (purple), another for comps (blue), another for trophies (black), sometimes one for bottle caps(gold) and now I have a need for one for junk loot.

A good example of breaking something that worked. Namely the fully customizable UI to an effect. An inventory full of white pouches doesn't cut it and basically forces me to use list view.

Did people complain that they dropped too often or something?

I kind of appreciated the fact that *gasp* I would not have to depend on a biped being online and crafting something for me to get such a thing I need literally hundreds of to organize everything in my many plots/lairs inventories and vaults over 40 something characters. I don't even *want* to know how many resources I have to gather to get another 50...

I appreciated the fact that it was something that didn't take me hours to get unlike comps, trophies and what have you.

Can we get dye kits for the pouches to work then?
    Last edited by Shian; February 6th, 2011 at 04:34 AM.

Question Re: Backpack pouches

I wonder why their drop has been stopped, as well. I liked to loot the blue and gold ones, myself, and their color is useful to make a difference between item's types.

Default Re: Backpack pouches

I agree to the different colors is good for organization, however my only qualm that's always been with them is that you can't transfer a full pouch to say your Vault. Why can't you? Shouldn't realistically you be able to put a bag from your backpack full of items into another container? I don't understand the complications with that, but simply adding in the amount of bulk taken up by the pouch in your inventory and applying that to your vault ought to be easy enough to figure out.

Maybe this has already been voiced before, maybe not, either way that's my only buggy frustration with 'em. Otherwise they're awesome for organization.

However as for them dropping, personally i'm glad as I don't really carry THAT many pouches in my scalepack, it takes up room and is one more window to open when trying to find items. I've actually just gotten rid of any that i pick up, giving a tiny groan of 'oh crap, why'd i loot that body if it's only a pouch?' many times already.
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
    I agree to the different colors is good for organization, however my only qualm that's always been with them is that you can't transfer a full pouch to say your Vault. Why can't you? Shouldn't realistically you be able to put a bag from your backpack full of items into another container? I don't understand the complications with that, but simply adding in the amount of bulk taken up by the pouch in your inventory and applying that to your vault ought to be easy enough to figure out.
    Strange, I’ve never had any issues moving pouches and scalepacks/backpacks filled with items from my inventory to vault (and vice versa) as long as it didn’t cause an overflow of bulk or stack before, was this changed with a patch?

Other than that, as a temporary solution, instead of using pouches you could perhaps make a bunch of scalepacks from various tiers, all of them weigh only 5 bulk (same as a T6 pouch) and can hold more. It’s not ideal, but it beats chasing down some bipeds for some colorless pouches I think.

Vault shouldn't be a problem. One can't move pouches with content (or thing with crystals in it) to your personal storage (plots, lairs) though.

Is it intentional, the removing of the coloured pouches? or just a mistake - mix up with the removed money pouches?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Money pouches still drop. Got a ton of them in the new dungeon.

Thread Information