Thread: Additional type of Bank

Default Additional type of Bank

Due to the limited settings(permissions) on structures on a plot, transfering items between alts, can become a time consuming process. So here is an Idea that is a potential solution to this issue. Create a special type of bank that is "Account bound" that is a bank that can only be accessed by alts(ie that are tied to a specific log-in). This is in addition to the existing bank(vault system) in game. this would make speedy transfer of items much easier. Yes their are many ways to transfer stuff currently connie them, which is limited by the size(tier) of your connie, Adding your alt to your friends list (didnt work for me),Having your alt join your guild so you have access to plot structures etc. That being said, another way around this issue is to create an additional permisson to structure permissions which would be account based only allowing access to a structure based on the log in.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: Additional type of Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Vandellia View Post
    ... Adding your alt to your friends list (didnt work for me) ...
    I don't believe that's ever been a valid method of giving anyone, alt or not, items. That would only show you if your alt was online. x3

As to the suggestion, I like it because I certainly have encountered problems transferring items to alts since I have a billion of them, but at the same time, transferring things to alts was also a fairly large factor in my purchase of my first lair. I'm not sure if adding such a feature as this account bank would affect, say, a player's decision to purchase a plot subscription.

Basically what I'm saying is.. finding a way to transfer things to alts was sort of just one of the hurdles I took with the game. If it's just an annoyance caused by lack of a feature rather than an intended hurdle though, I'd be all for adding an account bank.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I don't believe that's ever been a valid method of giving anyone, alt or not, items. That would only show you if your alt was online. x3

As to the suggestion, I like it because I certainly have encountered problems transferring items to alts since I have a billion of them, but at the same time, transferring things to alts was also a fairly large factor in my purchase of my first lair. I'm not sure if adding such a feature as this account bank would affect, say, a player's decision to purchase a plot subscription.

Basically what I'm saying is.. finding a way to transfer things to alts was sort of just one of the hurdles I took with the game. If it's just an annoyance caused by lack of a feature rather than an intended hurdle though, I'd be all for adding an account bank.

I agree with that, but make it limited to plotholder accounts I think

If the computer can handle a dual session... Free human account. One hundred percent free of charge and a seperate vault, inventory ect.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thats a good idea, the free human account.

But for friends list to work, then you need to set the desired structures to be accessed to "Allow All", or "Guild Only" if the alts you want to access are all in your same guild. After setting this, ONLY the names in the friends list will have any access whatsoever to the plot. They must also be in the same guild, if Guild Only is set on each structure.

One thing to remember, is that sometimes setting permissions on one structure, then another, then another, then applying changes, only one of the structures modified actually gets changed. This ocassionally happens. So, after making all the changes, close and re-open the plot window, and double check each plot structure for the proper permissions. Note: Craft shacks/rooms, plot decorations, lair hallways, need no permissions at all and can be left on deny all. The only ones to worry about are Consignor, Pawn, and storage like Silos, Halls, Houses.

I Have not had any problems at all getting things to alts by using housing. Not really sure another "Bank" is needed or would help. If anything it might make it more confusing.

How about greater vault size or an account shared vault available as microtransactions? Would anyone here be willing to pay for this? I know I would.

I think people would be willing to pay for this - at least the "account/character" shared part.

The size of the vault doesnt' really effect anything in game with the connie-bouncing=-stuff-back thereby making literally a limitless vault for holding things (even if you can't place things directly back in, it still holds them for you...).

But allowing alts to have access to same, or some other perhaps even NEW plot structure that you could have all-alt-account-only setting or something (like a storage shed!) that woudl also be awesome.

(note I' not arguing here that vault limits be suddenly hard capped in order to open up a new transaction possibility, because I think the way the game mechanics are with items/weight/slots that would be a very bad thing to do and messup tons of players simply because they can't make enough silos to hold everything).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    I think people would be willing to pay for this - at least the "account/character" shared part...
    I don't think it is actually possible tho.

Each characters vault is a part of their inventory. It's all attached to the toon. Connecting inventories or vaults would let attuned items pass around too.

Trying to somehow open this up to others would likely be a programming mess. Worst case: unknown people wind up with accidental access to your vault. Not good.

Hence my post above trying to explain how existing in-game mechanics and storage perform the desired function once you get the permissions set correctly. No need for a seperate type of bank, just build a house.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I don't think it is actually possible tho.

Each characters vault is a part of their inventory. It's all attached to the toon. Connecting inventories or vaults would let attuned items pass around too.

Trying to somehow open this up to others would likely be a programming mess. Worst case: unknown people wind up with accidental access to your vault. Not good.

Hence my post above trying to explain how existing in-game mechanics and storage perform the desired function once you get the permissions set correctly. No need for a seperate type of bank, just build a house.

I did not mean your main vault, rather a secondary vault that you would have to talk to the vault keeper to open...and the only way to get this option would be to pay for it.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i certainly would not expect virt to give everyone a free alt just for mule purposes......
    what is to stop one from massive misuse? virt needs all the funds it can get!
    Last edited by velveeta; February 12th, 2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: SORRY IF I AM MISUNDERSTANDING THE INTENT OF THE OP
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

the intent is to have a Limited(bank like structure) call it the Istarian teller machine(ITM) that has lets say a max itme limit of lets say 5 items with limite bulk capacaty so that you can make all the tools armor and ancellary items an alt could need and not have to do massive logins/outs to do so. the mechanics in game already limit what can be placed in a private and or public structure and this (ITM) should have to follow the same rules preventing any possibility of using it as a method of exploitation. the idea of having multiple accounts and doing multi-log in character to character transfer is simply not do-able for some of us.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Thread Information