Thread: Dragon Scalepack Location

Default Dragon Scalepack Location

Hey guys,
    So I have been wondering, among many others on the Order server, where is a dragon's scalepack located on their body? What is your thoughts on where it might be and how it might be attached. By the sounds of it, it is an uplifted scale with a sort of dimensional pocket which allows dragons to store stuff in it, but I have a few mixed opinions on it. So, I decided to see what everyone else thought about it. Give your input! It will be most appreciated!

Default Re: Dragon Scalepack Location

I kind of imagine it looking like the image of it looks like in-game, albeit with some manner of keeping it shut. Some of my characters have it on their back, others carry it on their side, under a wing, held on with straps of some sort. I do think it must have some dimensional pocket stuff going on though, as it really can't be that big otherwise it would really get in the dragon's way. I imagine that a dragon who had a mastery of dimensional pockets could even forgo the physical scalepack entirely.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

If we assume that the gathering animation is correct, the most logical place for the scalepack is on the dragon's belly. There isn't already an armour scale slot there, your forelegs bend that way so you can put stuff in it and take stuff back out....
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

o_O Now that you mention it, the belly location does seem plausible.

Istarian dragons: big, scaly kangaroos. (Or we're all wearing fanny packs. )
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

in game i always RP

*Blue grabs a silken bag filled with saris nip cookies from one of his packs strapped to his foreleg and hands his feline friend the tasty treat*

It is located on our big rear and as you age it gets bigger...lol

Get in mah belly(pack)!!!

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quite a few interesting responses here! I think it would be rather awkward for a dragon to go digging through a bellyscale for their items though.. that would be one strange (not to mention difficult) way to store stuff! XD

I always figured it'd have to be somewhere in the chest/belly region, if only because everything else is hard to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Starstilanxs View Post
    I think it would be rather awkward for a dragon to go digging through a bellyscale for their items though
    Easier than trying to reach something on their back between their wings, mind you....
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

I could see a fancy embroidered scalepack being attached to the chest/belly region that's made to match the underbelly scales, like camouflage. That's why we don't see them on our bodies--they look like normal scales until you open it up and revel all the goodies one has stored inside.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    That's why we don't see them on our bodies ...
    I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here, but I generally assume that you can in fact see such things as scalepacks and scale armor. There are a lot of things I have gradually started to take for granted over time even if it's not apparent in the actual game. For example, were the game itself to be believed, almost every city on the face of Istaria has a max population of, like.. ten.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee a fanny pack on a big ole draggy fanny.....
    one of you artists out there gots to make an image of that!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

*chuckles*

As for myself, I tend to imagine it placed "catty-corner" if you will between chest and the front of the wing. Kinda over the front haunch/shoulder I guess, slightly under the wing. That way its not just out in the open for anyone to grab into , but still easily reachable by claw or tooth.

Of course, I don't really imagine crafting resources and such stored in there, to me that's for things like tools, or armor, or your "books of knowledge" or scrolls, and other such RP/interesting things.

Thousands of bars and bricks - naw - that's either not on me, or in the cargo-disk if its out and attached .

But then I tend to RP in a way that doesn't really need to "explain everything out in a lore-fitting manner", somethings Frith just doesn't worry about .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I seem to remember it being explained by a Tulga dev that it was like saddlebags

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    heehee a fanny pack on a big ole draggy fanny.....
    one of you artists out there gots to make an image of that!
    haha, I can't promise anything, but that does sound like fun to draw (and a few other scalepack ideas)

I always see it either as fanny pack aswell, or under the belly (I TRY to imagine it attached to the side of dragons, but cant seem to get it "attached" in that position (unless ALLOT of ropes are used))

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    haha, I can't promise anything, but that does sound like fun to draw (and a few other scalepack ideas)

I always see it either as fanny pack aswell, or under the belly (I TRY to imagine it attached to the side of dragons, but cant seem to get it "attached" in that position (unless ALLOT of ropes are used))
    You, sirs, have made me lewl.

Besides. We are yet to invent the draconic nose pack.

*Digs from a Stone Outcropping and puts it in an invisible storage silo on top of his back.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Sometimes I imagine my hatchie dragging a humongous heavy sack of some sort behind him, filled with all his loots. Just tugging and pulling, dragging it inch by inch as he struggles under the immense weight, the poor thing.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    Sometimes I imagine my hatchie dragging a humongous heavy sack of some sort behind him, filled with all his loots. Just tugging and pulling, dragging it inch by inch as he struggles under the immense weight, the poor thing.
    LOL

and FYI a visible back pack for dragons is in the works for the visible dragon armor mod in a future update.

Thread Information