Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Tints

Default Dragon Tints

A preview of some new Dragon Tints that we'll be adding in the future. Thank Valornyx for his great work on these!

http://community.istaria.com/gallery/pic.php?id=1038
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Dragon Tints

Why helloooooo orange colors! Is it just me or do a lot of those look shinier than many of the current matte colors we have? And do I spy a new chestplate pattern?

Lovely all around, thanks so much for sharing! Now we just have to wait (not-so-)patiently for them huh?

oh how neat. new metallic colors.

and Thickle, i do indeed spy a new chestplate pattern.

It may be a bit cheeky of me to ask, but is there any way to see a screenshot of those tints *without* the lava-lighting of the character creation screen?

I find it difficult to tell what colour I'm looking at, exactly, in those circumstances.

Is there a nice brown/tan colour? And is there any chance of a true white or true black tint for markings?
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

ooh! Does this also mean that the ability for previously-created dragons to change their appearance is equally "close" to release?

Pwease pwease?
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    ooh! Does this also mean that the ability for previously-created dragons to change their appearance is equally "close" to release?

Pwease pwease?
    I was raaather wondering about this. If a new style is released if we can edit our existing characters with the new color or not? As long a one-time thing.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    I was raaather wondering about this. If a new style is released if we can edit our existing characters with the new color or not? As long a one-time thing.
    It was not done as the "new" dragon heads came out, so I doubt it will be done also this time.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    It may be a bit cheeky of me to ask, but is there any way to see a screenshot of those tints *without* the lava-lighting of the character creation screen?

I find it difficult to tell what colour I'm looking at, exactly, in those circumstances.
    This. I can't really see it.

Is there a nice brown/tan colour? And is there any chance of a true white or true black tint for markings?
    There is one in game as evident of the default dragon and the trainer on old spirit isle. I don't think I ever got a tan color to work but it's certainly possible. I'm slightly disappointed that there is no brown. Ecstatic that I can make a copper dragon and dark red. (I think. Hard to tell with the lighting)

True white and black tint look very messy. I haven't gotten it to look right honestly. While gives your character orange outlines and only works on a few body type+color combinations and black looks like the entire texture is missing.

You can get whiter than what is current though. Like the 2nd from the bottom seen here:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=23186
    Last edited by Shian; February 8th, 2011 at 08:21 PM.

These look very nice!

I am only looking forward to this if we can choose to alter already exsisting characters though. I have enough dragons as it is, and starting yet another JUST for the look is just not appealing....and I think many people agree with me. Hopefully the change is offered to all and not just new.
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

these colors are pretty cool but yes agree hard to see them really.. i think a few of them look the same as the ones that are in game already.

still no white and black decals colors?

I'm liking some of these new colour schemes. I can think of a few good combinations that I wasn't able to make before.

I have to agree though. This whole thing is pretty much useless to those that already have a perfectly good dragon and would rather not have to make another. I know I certainly wouldn't. An edit of some kind would be nice. Even if only one-time or at some sort of cost (so as to make randomly changing colours every other day less of a likelihood).
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    I'm liking some of these new colour schemes. I can think of a few good combinations that I wasn't able to make before.

I have to agree though. This whole thing is pretty much useless to those that already have a perfectly good dragon and would rather not have to make another. I know I certainly wouldn't. An edit of some kind would be nice. Even if only one-time or at some sort of cost (so as to make randomly changing colours every other day less of a likelihood).
    Would be a good way for Vit to bring in some extra money for server fixes/changes as well.

Very nice looking. How soon will those be implemented?

Any chance existing dragons can make say a one time change? Seems like a slight change would even make sense as a dragon finishes rop and arop.

It is not finalized how and when but we are working on a way to modify an existing character, dragon and biped. More details when there are more details to give.

I'd suggest people not get too worked up about what colors/ decals / chest scales etc are shown in the pictures..

"concept" = an idea. It does not mean it will make it into the game or in what form - sometimes what looks good as a concept or even a proof of concept prove difficult to implement into the game for other technical reasons.

Also .. Any tint applied to a different body texture takes on a new color so any new tints are multiplied by darker or lighter versions of all the existing body textures which means a few new tints mean dozens of colors and a dozen new tints starts to get into hundreds of new possibilities.

Additionally - it is probably not practical to include 1000 new tints - so exactly which ones ultimately get used will have to be determined.

The tints have nothing to so with decals or chest scales or anything else that might be also be being played around with.

It's just a taster to let you all know stuff is in the works.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    It is not finalized how and when but we are working on a way to modify an existing character, dragon and biped. More details when there are more details to give.
    Yup, hence why I asked. I know it was said probably...gosh months if not over a year ago that this was still in the works.

So YES everyone it IS coming. I realize it wasn't in wiht the draogn heads but to my knowledge when they opened up the new dragon heads this was not openly being developed then (the ability to change already made characters). Several years in between..now its something they are attempting to have happen.

I was just hoping that it was coming along with the tints (whenever those come..I realize could be months, another year..etc).

But yea I knew it was coming...just..hoping for good timing .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    It was not done as the "new" dragon heads came out, so I doubt it will be done also this time.
    You never know. It could even be a paid for thing. Besides the Dragon head changes a fair bit more.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

I hope that they allow the first appearance changed to be free. then any more from that to be $ just my personal 2 c worth

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    I hope that they allow the first appearance changed to be free. then any more from that to be $ just my personal 2 c worth
    That would be appropriate in my opinion.

Thread Information