Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom RP Rooms

Lightbulb Custom RP Rooms

Hey guys,
    so.. I have had this idea floating about for a while now, I have been contemplating making an RP channel with a different sort of setting (this has been done a few times, I know) but I was thinking about making several rooms, instead of just one; only thing being a bit troublesome about this is the fact that it takes up tabs. This allows people to actually head off to different locations in RP and gives variation in the settings when they feel that they want to have somewhere else for their characters to go to.

My question to you all is.. what settings do you want? If you have an idea, please post it here. Few things to get you started:

What type of landscape do you want?

Do you have a description of the area?

What would you call it?

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Default Re: Custom RP Rooms

I suppose we could have several different locations such as I dunno, plains, a jungle, a volcanic area, a snowy area, a town even. We already have a clearing with a lake (RP channel), a forested mountain valley (valley in the mountains :P). Dragon channel used to be a clearing type setting too, but we don't really RP in that channel anymore. We could just call them what they are instead of trying to come up with fancy names for them.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

In another game I play they do something like this. They had an inn set up. The main "offical" part was the common room. Other rooms would only be created as needed. Or for special events.

Given that dragons dont exactly fit well inside I tavern. Maybe a farm. Or some sort of open air pavilion type deal? Or why not turn the Tazoon Dome into a chat room

hm... how about a city like chiconus, or Dralk? wide open spaces, but have a general store, and tavern, and what not for peds. something like New Trismus perhaps?
    or if you want to go for a city maybe Tazoon. There`s fountains and pools there dragons could lounge in. I remember Falkor lazing in the fountains back in the day xD maybe a setting like that, with buildings, and the dome could be a nice meeting spot for discussions.

I dearly miss the old tavern I got to RP in, way back when. Tcei's idea of "one main room, small other rooms/channels created as needed" sounds like something we really, really, really could use. My word, would I kill for that.

As for exact setting... something that'd work well for a main area with satellites? Taverns are good, or maybe a particularly spacious dragon cave. The Tazoon dome idea, while entertaining, really might work-- if nothing else I'd love excuses to be in Tazoon more often, IC.

We need a brothel!!

XD.

But Srsly. I like the idea... but I can't think of any ideas. So... uhh... yeah. Stuff. :3

Default Many

I of course hold open Moyo Lake.

I also have had the "Open Sky" for Dragons flying.

I did the "Kion Volcano" as an RP room once which was a neat setting for Dragons.

A Kion Marketplace could be fun for the Peds or a Sslanis Square.

Theoretically we could TRY to breathe some life into the currently absolutely DEAD Tazoon by holding an RP spot somewhere in that ENORMOUS Ghost City.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Re: Many

Love the ideas given here, guys. I will see about working on a few RP channels and take the suggestions that are given to build upon them! Any location in-world that may be made i'll post up some screenshots for visual referances too, that will make things easier aside from descriptions.

The Front Lines - a Location situated somewhere near the ED, mostly intended for those who want to rp Blighted Characters, or those planning to charge into a major rp battle against the WA.

Also... why am i not surprised someone mentioned a Brothel
    Thenalth Venalueth (Order) Adult Lunus
    Kelthorath Insalik (Order) Hatchling
    Riethali Koray (Order) Hatchling

Funnily enough it's mentioned from Githy's mate. lol.
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Perhaps a form of plain? Or a city? Somewhere comfortable. A location that all races can meet and greet eachother.

If you have problems with the tabs/rooms, why not ask some other people to host those and moderate the other rooms?

I would imagine a village with mixed housing , or a large valley with multiple settlements, locations and other little tid-bits of things to do. One must keep things lively!

And I would call it...Sporkatia. For it shall be populated by spor- I mean , something neutral...I am not very good with names.

I wish you luck on your idea, buddy!

I would suggest, if some are interested, a RP channel taking place in the arenas' island or coliseum, in which bipeds and dragons would train in friendly wrestling.
    It could be without blood nor using claws, teeth, nor offensive spells, nor slicing with sword or crushing with heavy weapons, but the goal would be to neutralize the opponent by immobilizing him/her, or managing to disarm him/her, like that? what do you think of it?

*Laughs* One need not suggest a brothel - love drama is everywhere . I remember long nights of RPing with guildies in the public clearing we hosted years ago, and we'd also be watching tv shows together through the OOC channel - and modfying the family guy theme song because it fits.."It seems today/that all you see/is violence is movies/and sex in RP!"

Great laughs had by all. Love drama is had out in public..brothel situations well that's the *fade to black* .

*laughs*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

hm.. well a brothel might not be the best idea. Istaria`s is rated Teen for a reason. O.o
    if you were to make a room like that it should be strict ruled, like must be 18 and older to join. just to be on the safe side of course. But not something I would personaly recommend.

Amen, Reagle! I would not mind more Rp rooms but the last thing the game needs is a Brothel :P

Of course, don't get too crazy with the amount of rp rooms...or the rpers would get widely spread out and it will seem like less rp is actually going on.
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

I...agree. The LAST thing we need is indeed - a brothel. That would...be a tad awkward. For one - whom would go there? I am not one to judge after such a short time but - I do not particularly see many bipedal characters. Even then many of them do not seem to be the sorts that would go do their 'heroing' staring at buxom babes.

Though - admittedly, it would make a funny sketch...#

More RP rooms? I think are great. 18+ RP rooms? If they are directed at the right audiance for the right reasons...

I think making 'themed' ones would be fine! We all like different areas/enviroments.

I myself might make one, just to test this.
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

I think such things sould better be hold in a private channel, made by a player inviting others on a new channel, so only players who would be interested would ask to join and be invited.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

I'm pretty sure the brothel idea was a joke. x3 However, having an 18+ room could be needed. I think there was one at one time. And not just for the purpose of being used as a slaughter house for gory fighting, but for those who are more mature and can handle much more complex stories and ideas. Know what I mean? Like you know how there's stuff in TV shows that you don't get until you're older. A room for serious stuff.

So here's the chat rooms I would add:

A town/city: Something like Dalimond or Tazoon. I think a tavern would be too small to accommodate dragons, but there very well could be a tavern nearby. A store and other things too.

Snow/Desert: An alternative to RP channel's forest clearing with a lake.

Mature RP: For grown up RPers. Don't know what the setting would be. I guess whatever works for the situation.

I don't think I'd make more than three or four more channels, but I think this covers the bases mostly.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Sereamha View Post
    Of course, don't get too crazy with the amount of rp rooms...or the rpers would get widely spread out and it will seem like less rp is actually going on.
    This was my concern as well but thought if I harped on it too much it would be a downer

But yes, I would echo this - if you start having 4-5-6 RP themed rooms spread out you are either going to 1-have so little RP going on in half of them they might as well be private or just created for the situation as it arises or 2- it will end up like the regular roleplay channel because pepole will login and go to the room with the biggest population; leaving the others back to Point Number 1. And once its established by many that ABC or XYZ rom end up being the most populated, the others will just be added to the great list of "dead rooms" in the chat list.

If you've got 10 RPers in one room it can get hectic but still fun, and if there is a storyline that needs to change the setting then openign up a room then for such things is still a great idea.

But if you've got 10 Rpers and there are 5 themed rooms then you could end up with some distribution of 2-2-3-3 or something where the RP lessens because there's 1 on 1 conversations going on due tot he lack of population in any one room.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I have, for now, only one idea for RP channel, who would be called "Wrestling Arena". Fell free to tell what you think of it.

Thread Information