Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: February Content Update

Default Re: February Content Update

walker just click at the title on top of the portal names it will alphabetize them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I think those techs are there as a last resort. The price was set high to encourage buying and selling between players. Techs and forms are a common enough drop that I didn't even see the point, and if they were cheaper no one would hunt or buy from others. It would be like having the Vielo back which they do not want.
    The price point I recommended leaves plenty of wiggle room for players to offer the techs for cheaper, and still make decent cash. Besides, on Order, we don't have people hunting the tech/form-dropping monsters at every tier all that often. Our population is way too low for that. We NEED this alternatie.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Any chance we can get the alphabetical sorting back on the travel portals? Please?
    aye, sorting the player search isn't possible anymore too

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilios View Post
    aye, sorting the player search isn't possible anymore too
    When you click on it, it will alphabetize but it doesn't stick. I have noticed each time I go through a gate, it has to be reclicked to get it to alphabetize.

I have made a post about the Player Search log's list order on "Game Bugs" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    Now, there is a bug, in Blight and Order shards, not allowing players to modify players list's order on the Player Search window ( /who ). If we click on Race, Adv Lvl, ..., nothing happens.

While the patch was posted on the forums it was not posted on the News page.

Quote Originally Posted by lorzazel View Post
    walker just click at the title on top of the portal names it will alphabetize them for you.
    I'm aware, and is besides the pont.

I get a LOT of lag trying to use the portal system in general, having to add more steps to us it is not helping at all.

Not sure why this was "fixed" in the first place. I never found it all that inconvenient to have Unavailable ports mixed in with my available ones.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    I'm aware, and is besides the pont.

I get a LOT of lag trying to use the portal system in general, having to add more steps to us it is not helping at all.

Not sure why this was "fixed" in the first place. I never found it all that inconvenient to have Unavailable ports mixed in with my available ones.
    New players, however, do find it to be confusing. For example, the very first portal on the list at New Trismus was "unavailable". And Kion was pretty far down the list.

This was entirely about making things easier for new players. We're working on getting the rest of the list alphabetically filtered.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Wowsers, lots of great work included in this patch! :-)
    I'm particularly looking forward to trying out the colored pouches... I may have to hunt more to keep up with the coin needed for new formulas.

One little thing I wonder if was meant to happen - my inventory bar in my status window shows item stack overtop instead of as an underlay of bulk now. Given the zillions of things I carry around with me, I cannot tell how much bulk I have at a glance. Can it be put back to bulk on top of item stack again? Is there a toggle option for these?

Using new Master Weapon Repair Swords & Spear, I see that the mithril Long Sword requires no blade piece while the cobalt Long Sword requires both a cobalt blade piece and a Mithril blade piece.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Shadina View Post
    The price point I recommended leaves plenty of wiggle room for players to offer the techs for cheaper, and still make decent cash. Besides, on Order, we don't have people hunting the tech/form-dropping monsters at every tier all that often. Our population is way too low for that. We NEED this alternatie.
    Order seems to have all kinds of complaints... they want nadia back, forms for sale on NPC.. why not just merge that shards into chaos? the population is so low anyway that very few would likely even loose their plots.

Alternative for those freaking out right now: Make a toon on Chaos and play there, or do a shard transfer.

heya Guaran, you could have said the same in a more amicable way.
    We live in the same world after all.
    And your words aren`t really a sincere invitation.
    And pls do not generalize.

If we decide to play on Order- then we have good reasons,
    its another gameplay on Order even if you do not rp.
    And lots of us here have more than one plot (Flame and me hold 4 plots and 2 lairs)-
    so I do not think that Chaos can offer this.

Besides- I can tell that Chaos has a wonderful community, and great helpful guilds. And I agree- try Chaos or Blight before you leave the game in frustration.

Each of our shards has its right to exist.

And yes- here I agree with Guaran- try to live with changes first and consider
    the specifics of your shard- and try to find your own solutions.
    E.g.: We DO have comp hunters on Order and they are happyly willing to sell their precious. Just ask around or put a list in forum.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Yes, I was being sarcastic and not seriously suggesting merging shards.

It seems some players keep finding the silliest things to complain about.
    "Get rid of these unused stances! omg!" - Why not make a constructive suggestion instead of something that will have no benefit.

"Give us formulas and techs we don't have to hunt for!" - Originally you have to hunt for many formulas and ALL techs beyond tier 3. Techs tier 3 and lower you had to use IBM's, mulitple ones, and IBM's were monster drop only (Either directly or indirectly via soul fragments -> quest). So essentially techs were almost 100% drop only with only exception coming to mind was Fishing tech, which an NPC had quests to get that one. Formulatrons of old were for formulas only, not techs at all. These new ones have techs now. Too Expensive? Go hunting.

The sarcasm in my post was an indirect way to point out the absurdity of some suggestions. Merging the shards would be a pretty absurd solution (to these supposed "issues") which I hope never actually happens.
    Last edited by Guaran; February 18th, 2011 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    New players, however, do find it to be confusing. For example, the very first portal on the list at New Trismus was "unavailable". And Kion was pretty far down the list.

This was entirely about making things easier for new players. We're working on getting the rest of the list alphabetically filtered.
    Though perhaps not appropriate to the portal sort issue, it seems possible that if the method used to bring Kion to the top of all lists was removed and then that the word "Kion" be preceded by a space making it " Kion" would make it first on list on any portal having Kion in the listing, using the pre-patch method of alphabetization.

Knossos

Yes, I was being sarcastic and not seriously suggesting merging shards.

"Get rid of these unused stances! omg!" - Why not make a constructive suggestion instead of something that will have no benefit.

"Give us formulas and techs we don't have to hunt for!" - Originally you have to hunt for many formulas and ALL techs beyond tier 3. Techs tier 3 and lower you had to use IBM's, mulitple ones, and IBM's were monster drop only (Either directly or indirectly via soul fragments -> quest). So essentially techs were almost 100% drop only with only exception coming to mind was Fishing tech, which an NPC had quests to get that one. Formulatrons of old were for formulas only, not techs at all. These new ones have techs now. Too Expensive? Go hunting.

The sarcasm in my post was an indirect way to point out the absurdity of some suggestions. Merging the shards would be a pretty absurd solution (to these supposed "issues") which I hope never actually happens.
    Finding these suggestions absurd is your opinion. You don't need to take this tone. It will only annoy everyone. You want them to post "constructive" suggestions? Begin by doing that yourself instead of posting sarcastic comments.
    Also, not everyone on the community has always free time to spend hours and hours in order to find a single formula. Some may have long days of work, a lot of things to do IRL,... remember that.

I prefer to have my abilities sections as organized as possible. I would support such a move, though I see why others find the stances useful. Just because you see no benefit in something doesn't mean others won't.

• Master Advanced cooking formulas are no longer attuned.
    • Master Cooking Knife no longer drops as loot (it is still sold by Estelwen).

Those are still all attuned.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Mage tower - Icy dire wolf claw quest.

Yup, a Dragon can now accept the quest but the counter don't work when you get a claw from a kill.

Never mind, the quest works. Just me not looking properly. I mistook the fangs you get as a claw.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    Finding these suggestions absurd is your opinion. You don't need to take this tone. It will only annoy everyone. You want them to post "constructive" suggestions? Begin by doing that yourself instead of posting sarcastic comments.
    Also, not everyone on the community has always free time to spend hours and hours in order to find a single formula. Some may have long days of work, a lot of things to do IRL,... remember that.
    While The tone Guaran took was not necessary, you must not forget that making the game a whole lot easier because people cannot afford to play the game due to real life reasons is something I cannot agree with… You play a game because it is fun, you gain the spoils because you play. It took me many months to finally be lucky enough to find a group willing to go for the Shaloth the Myloc Queen, mainly also because I had other priorities in RL and ingame. It happens… This happens in all MMO’s. That is why it is a MMO… It is ongoing and as such people should not be in a hurry to end it, if they cannot reach the end-game within the time frame they chose. I am sorry to say, but it might be they don’t play long enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I prefer to have my abilities sections as organized as possible. I would support such a move, though I see why others find the stances useful. Just because you see no benefit in something doesn't mean others won't.
    I for one made a suggestion long ago to organize the ability screen for at least the dragons. At the time of me posting it, it had already annoyed me for over 5 years that it doesn’t matter if I use Adventure or Crafter tab I get the abilities from School : None in both tabs. A suggestion which nobody commented on by the way.

Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

so since patch what drops figurine now, the t6 trinket? been in doom for 4 hours and not one dropped from anything.

also noticed dragons techs have not dropped or master food forms
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; February 19th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.

Thread Information