Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would YOUR character sound?

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Exclamation How would YOUR character sound?

Ah, I have personally always wanted to do this one. A little question - for my fellow players to chew upon. Look at your character. Yes. Him/her/it. The one you have been playing for who knows how long. Aside from the genetic sounds they make when using small emotes or getting killed (ALOT) or getting injured...tell me.

How do you imagine them sounding?

A simple question. You may answer this in words or - hey, just make a sample. I personally might be uploading my own impression of Fixszorx eventually, seeing as I have done some sort-term voice acting.

Feel free to add your character here! I look forward to reading/listening.
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: How would YOUR character sound?

just like kathleen turner back in the day (think 'romancing the stone)....
    low, sultry, and slinky, like dark choco!!!
    Last edited by velveeta; February 18th, 2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: a sample!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Bit of a bass voice, not JEJish, but deep. Somewhat of a sawtooth growl in it from long periods of yelling across large fields. Definitely firm. Something of a cross between CSI: Miami's Horatio Kane and Harry Potter's Severus Snape, only without all the stop consonants overstressed.

Tagath you hear in your head. There is no actual vocalization. Dragon bespeaking puts non-riders in mind of their riders' voices, sort of as if spoken through a long tunnel according to one description.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Reagle`s got kind of a Sean Connery type tone, minus the slurr

Falkor`s got a soft vibrant voice a little like that of Patrick Stewart only slightly higher in tone.

Dienonychus in simple terms, sounds a little like Ren Hoek XD including the accent

Nightshade sounds quite a bit like Cynder in DoTD

Ramythis has a voice like a younge Froddo (can`t spell the actor`s name so :P )

Bastette had a raspey tough girl voice, and a little seductive tone. XD

Ryzaak`s voice is like that of Jack Nickelson when he acted in Stephen King`s The Shining

Imagine a flock of starlings stuck in a washing machine. Imagine the noise they'd make. Hold it in your head. Got it?

Thicklesip sounds absolutely nothing like that.

More seriously I can't imagine Thickle sounding like anything a human could do-- it's a freaking dragon with no lips and a gator snout, for crying out loud. Probably some mid- to low-range hissing, definitely some growling and rumbling. High-pitched noises reserved for angry tantrums, and would be layered over top of more normal, deeper noises. (Hey, if songbirds can have two voiceboxes, I see no reason my dragon can't.)

So... the noises dragon characters make in-game? Reasonably close.

I really don't know how a female dragon would sound, ( have yet to see one in a movie (NO SAPHIRA DOES NOT COUNT GAAH)). But Tako would have probably a very deep, growling voice, with a hint of female.

And no I can't do dragon voices, don't ask me to do it. xD

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Azu I best think of as being close to Morrigan.

Otherwise I haven't thought about what they'd sound like. The red was the only one who really gave me any striking thoughts of voicing.

Default ?

I cannot give you examples of anything auditory but here is my best bets.

Vespoidea would have a high pitched voice where she never pronounced S's and instead buzzed her wings for them.

Ampera would sound somewhere between a male and female's general tone for a decently tall person but would have an odd buzzing sound within its speech. If you ever look up Tesla Coil music you will get an idea of what I mean by that. Its voice is partially enhanced by electrical vibrations.

Shinkuu would sound cold and deep for a lady. She would speak slowly and concisely but the last syllable of her sentence would drag out slightly and fade in volume until stopping.

Zarla would have a DEEP voice but feminine in that it comes from high in the throat not low. Her voice would be clear and even could be pretty but she is a huge Dragoness and I cannot imagine with the echo chamber of her throat that her voice would be anything but deeeeep.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I really don't know how a female dragon would sound, ( have yet to see one in a movie (NO SAPHIRA DOES NOT COUNT GAAH)). But Tako would have probably a very deep, growling voice, with a hint of female.

LOL. Yes... Sapphira had a beautiful voice but she spoke mentally so she does not count.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Mala's voice, I picture as being very deep, rich, throaty, just a bit gravelly, and maybe with a vague Russian accent.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    just like kathleen turner back in the day (think 'romancing the stone)....
    low, sultry, and slinky, like dark choco!!!
    GAH YOU COPY MEH!!! STOP COPIES MEH!!

For me, wether a dragon speaks out loud or in your head, they still have a voice - even if its a "in your head" voice. For simplicity sake in game I think of it as dragons actually being able to "talk" instead of mindspeaking to everyone . But that's me.

I too imagine Frith's voice as deeper than a human female, but still clearly feminine (like Turner, or Zeta-Jones, or even I think Angelina Jolie). She's a "proper" dragon, so she'd have a bit of a proper-sounding, clearly pronounced, accentuated, voice. There are sevearl RPG games that give voice options, and for me my characters usually end up with a hauty feminine tone - labled something like "scholar" or "royal" or "ladylike" lol.

But her dragon sounds would be close as TSip was saying, to the sounds in game. Only probably more throatier, lasting longer, and definitely louder! LOL

Now when she's speaking dragon, I like to imagine its using vocal parts that bipeds don't have so they may sound harsher, or again more throaty or harder-cosonants or something like that.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Romirez's voice... hmmm

obviously really deep, because of his really large neck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjkCs...eature=related

probably this guy... but a bit deeper, and obviously NOT norwegian.

take that guy in the video, turn the voice deeper a couple notches, and make it sound like it's coming from a very big Ancient's neck, and you got his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    Reagle`s got kind of a Sean Connery type tone, minus the slurr
    I'm afraid your possition for 'Sean Connery' Dragon was taken in Dragonheart

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post

The Cinematic abomination must not be spoken of! The books where superior!

But in all seriousness, her voice was not bad in the movie...I could magine it.

Epic!

Fixszorx

I personally would imagine Fixszorx - at this time, has a very crackly, squeeky-ish voice. Think of those children's movies with...I don't know - mice in them. But not the horribly high-pitched ones ,the slightly high-pitched ones. Now think of that...but with a cold. A sluggish one. He enjoys exteeeeennnddiinnng wooorrrddsss when he wants to emmmppphhiiiissiiizzeeeeee.

When he becomes an adult, I plan on his voice being far different - very deep and rumbling, think... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aRBL590Bd8 ? I prefare to keep an element of wisdom while keeping the power/strenght prominant.

Pyrin

For my noble Saris? I think it would be fitting to think of... Mel Brooks. Particularly playing King Luis during "History of the World ". Though when he is not around those he knows personally, I think it is more of an exagerated, afemenine, noble voice that he fakes. I would think...Jaffar, from Aladin. My, I am mentioning alot of children's movies...er...one at least XD. Well yes, those are my ideas.

I might personally try voice-acting Fix today. Post it up here!

id say for iseia it would be a soft cute voice most often her sentences having either alot of confidence or sadness, one or the other and alot of times sounding as if the last word makes it become a question even if it isnt

as for svarri she would have a clear soft voice as if words seem harmonious to one another and gives a feeling the words travel through the air pure and sound

*asked brother what his character "Dygath" would sound like and well he said dygath in general would have a deep enchanting sort of voice. he would sound like he is one who knows much of the world and probably a bit of a midevil duetch acent?

Garaukarasas Virdzanijus (that's in my native tongue).
    In English it may be pronounced as:
    Guhr-row-cur-us-us Wear-dzhan-ea-us.

I think you misread the topic, Anonimas, it is about how you think your character's voice would sound, not his name

hmmm, a search challenge. *crack knuckles*

Draustin Flatorna: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a86oDaggnD8 petey's voice here seems to be the best example i can find. friendly, submissive, but sure as hell not that high pitch. his voice is slightly lower pitch than the average male's however. perhaps a vvveeerrryyy slight british accent, barely noticable.

Shanel Flatorna: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6_dx...eature=related if you could imagine count dooku's voice in his twenties, you'd have shanel. his voice holds seriousness, and even sounds a bit arrogant. shanel's voice is slightly deeper than dooku's though.

Salesh Flatorna: for someodd reason the voice heard when targeting a female night elf on WoW can't be found on the internet...but thats what i imagine her sounding like. caring, yet mysterious.

Dovin Bullhorn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xge40...eature=related (skip to 1:30) i'd imagine him sounding...like emperor palpatine. he doesn't sound elderly, but very solemn, which makes him sound kind of like this. his voice is actualy deeper than the average male's.

Arayna Bloodtalon: she sounds a lot like draustin, except feminine of course. she doesn't sound nearly as submissive though, only slightly.

Farnon Swiftwing: he sounds to me like a british child XD. of couse it's a bit of a deep voice due to being in adolescence, but not much.

Reldo Varn: ...not much to describe here. the average male voice 20-25. don't know how to describe it, and don't know any actors or anything that sounds similar at the top of my head.

Default Cole's Voice

Since im not about to go searching, Heres a slight description of cole

Since the guys 12, his voice is currently in the process of getting deeper for one thing.

If Cole is in a calm or bored mood, and speaking more quiet, its low in the throat.

If Cole is abit excited or happy or what ever, he brings out more of his voice, the speaking low in his throat gone. it is also slightly higher pitched like this.

If i had something to record someone talking with, i would record and post here, buuut im lazy and dont know how to upload it if i did.

Also, now that i think about it, Cole's accent would be American.

-Cory, Player of Cole

Thread Information