Thread: Way points

Default Way points

I would like to be able to set a point, or multiple points on the map.

Each point would then show a corresponding pointer, say a small coloured triangle, on your compass allowing you to orientate yourself in the direction you wish to travel.

If the compass part can't be done, maybe a little arrow, like on player names in a group, that shows the direction to that map point.

Default Re: Way points

This.

This is one of the features of certain modern MMOs I've been playing in the past year that I feel is a great addition to any game. It would make a huge difference in a game like Istaria to know exactly where you need to go to find that mob you need to hunt or to find the resource you need to craft that new gear you need. New players never seem to know where to find the stuff they need, and it's frustrating having to tell people to go south of Mahagra for slate all the time.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

If anyone even dares to shoot down this idea with something stupid like "It's not realistic because your character can't magically just know where to go, especially if they haven't been there before.", I submit to thee the "You have a map feature, you know. It's like marking something on said map and then going there, stupid."

And of course, that's just one. I can debate any excuse anyone might have for not wholeheartedly agreeing with this idea. You try, you will fail. Epically FAIL.

So, yes, I agree.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

I'll ask Kat and Dakoren if the map pack has enough functionality to allow this.

(They have basically pulled it apart to rebuild it)
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

I fully support this. It would be very, VERY useful to have ingame.
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

Now I've played MANY MMO's throught the years, including multiple stints here in Hz, so I could be completely wrong, but didn't there used to be something like this that allowed you to select a destination and a "magical string" guided you along the correct path? I know EQ2 had/has this, so no, i'm not getting it confused with that one (although, like I said, it is possible I'm getting it mixed with another) but I just seem to remember using a feature like this to guide me while running resources for various construction projects.

Thread Information