Thread: Charlie Sheen gets fired.

Hybrid View

Default Charlie Sheen gets fired.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/03/07/ch...ec1_lnk3|48871

Seems official to me.

Networks need to keep doing this, to teach these people that they can't be doing the crap Sheen was doing.

Is it so hard to act like a mature, grown, normal person these days or something?

I'm glad that there's a network out there who is ready to say "Screw the ratings, screw the contract, we'll just pay the lawsuit, just get rid of this idiot!" instead of caving in to people who have so-called "Talent" and letting them do whatever they dang well please.

Default Re: Charlie Sheen gets fired.

Hey...they can't do that to someone with Tiger and Adionis blood! He's a vatacican ninja assassin Warlock! Sheesh.

*grin*

Still a shame, was a cool show...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Our opinions differ greatly, so I'll... keep to myself on THAT subject.

Either way, I think Sheen deserved it; we need to start teaching these people that they can't just go and do whatever they please. Sheen obviously thought he was invincible because of his contract and his ratings, and it is satisfying to watch him get knocked down a peg or two.

Oh, he's laughing *now* and bragging about how he's going to sue for breach of contract, but to be honest, Warner Bros can handle it and I don't know of too many courts and judges that would be sympathetic to Mr Sheen's cause. They might award the lawsuit, but I doubt it'll come with all the bells and whistles. Mr. Sheen will likely get barely the amount the law affords, and considering the extent of his apparent insanity, I wouldn't be surprised if he fails to find another job and ends up spiraling downhill until he disappears entirely.

I can't say that I'd be in tears over that sort of scenario. He belongs right beside Mel Gibson, to be honest. The two of them should at least be pretty close buddies by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post

Either way, I think Sheen deserved it; we need to start teaching these people that they can't just go and do whatever they please. Sheen obviously thought he was invincible because of his contract and his ratings, and it is satisfying to watch him get knocked down a peg or two.

Oh, he's laughing *now* and bragging about how he's going to sue for breach of contract, but to be honest, Warner Bros can handle it and I don't know of too many courts and judges that would be sympathetic to Mr Sheen's cause. They might award the lawsuit, but I doubt it'll come with all the bells and whistles. Mr. Sheen will likely get barely the amount the law affords, and considering the extent of his apparent insanity, I wouldn't be surprised if he fails to find another job and ends up spiraling downhill until he disappears entirely.

I can't say that I'd be in tears over that sort of scenario. He belongs right beside Mel Gibson, to be honest. The two of them should at least be pretty close buddies by now.
    I just feel sorry for them both.

Aye I feel sorry for them both.

I agree with the decisino to fire his butt - but I feel horrible for his costars and the staff and crew who will now be out of a job when they could have had at least another season or two (I liked the show as well) of employment.

I agree this behavior should not be catered to, enabled, or allowed and that yes they shgould be sending this message.

But I also realize that Mr. Sheen is suffering from a severe mental health issue. Wether it was present before the drugs or after is irelevant at this point, he needs help. He will of course only get it if he realizes this, and people with his conditions rarely realize it until they have a moment of sanity (yes its possible), but he may never truly get the help he needs and that is sad.

The plight of the mentally ill is a serious one, because rarely is the mental illness their "fault" (The diagnosis of Substance Induced XYZ is there for all mental health diagnosis), and much of what has resulted in Sheen's sickness was probaboy there even before the drugs, but went undiagnosed and unnoticed due to the nature of Hollywood and such.

And yes I AM that kind of doctor. The man is clearly Manic - book case Mania. Seriously you could put every single one of his beahviors in the last two weeks under "signs of Mania" and match it up one by one. He also is definitely Narcissitic Personality Disorder (that is NOT brougth about by drub abuse, but the mania can definitley be). I've seen movies joke with the idea of "narcissitic rage", well now the world sees what that ACTUALLY means.

Its no joke. And now hundreds of people's livelihoods are down the tubes because one sick sick man doesn't get help (can't, won't, doesn't have teh insight - very normal really).

Just sad. Sad all around. Gibson has not this excuse, he made a couple of comments - but he can come back from this bedcause it was just a couple of comments.

Sheen has no excuse. He's proven he is sober, and he doesn't have the insight to see how sick his statements are. His excuse is that he really is SICK and not in any way that can get better without him first seeing that its a problem.

I hope he's able to see that one day. Noone should have to suffer with such things.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post

If you have an opinion about my opinion please tell me… Always fun to know someone who is a complete opposite of myself.

I for one liked the show as a whole and not specifically for him. For that reason it saddens me to see the show itself in trouble, it however was indeed time to give not only Charlie, but also all other self-proclaimed superstars in present and future a wake-up call. He might get loads of cash from the lawsuit now, but if nobody will hire him in the future who laughs last?
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

f you have an opinion about my opinion please tell me… Always fun to know someone who is a complete opposite of myself.

I for one liked the show as a whole and not specifically for him. For that reason it saddens me to see the show itself in trouble, it however was indeed time to give not only Charlie, but also all other self-proclaimed superstars in present and future a wake-up call. He might get loads of cash from the lawsuit now, but if nobody will hire him in the future who laughs last?
    One thing, is that I absolutely cannot stand sitcoms.

I find them very unfunny and that laugh track that keeps playing over and over again? I just roll my eyes and groan, like "was that supposed to be funny?"

Two, the show itself... I've seen clips of it and such, and meh. Didn't look all that funny to me, but then I've yet to actually like a sitcom, any sitcom.

Humor is best when it is unintentional, or when it just happens out of the blue. That moment of wit in the middle of a drama that hits you unexpectedly. Or sometimes, writers have some really good senses of dark humor (Sarcasm, Snark, etc). CSI is (in)famous for this; each one of them (CSI, NY, Miami) has some good deadpan snark in it for example.

Ever watched the 1962 (IIRC?) version of The Dirty Dozen? That movie has some of the most awesome humor I've ever had the pleasure of laughing at. The best line in the entire movie wasn't even scripted, and the reactions from the other actors was entirely natural. That's what was so dang funny about it! (for those of you who have seen it, the line in question is where Lee Marvin says "Oh they played an active part alright").

That's my type of humor. Unintentional or "Dark" humor, like Snark and Sarcasm. And it is best done in a movie/tv show/etc that is not meant to be funny in the first place. When people TRY to make something with humor in mind, it is rarely actually Funny. You can tell they were Trying to make humor, and it just doesn't work very well for me. People are the funniest when it "just happens that way". It is more "natural" rather than "tried".

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Same here. I loved the jokes they made. But probably mostly the writers wrote them, so actually kudos to them.

Β»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Β«

Thread Information