Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets pray for the people in Japan

Default Lets pray for the people in Japan

and for all those who might be affected in the next hours/days.

We are very appalled.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: Lets pray for the people in Japan

It's horrible Those poor poor people. I think of them, feel sorry for them and I hope the amount of casualties will be as few as possible.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Unhappy Re: Lets pray for the people in Japan

Me too, and I pray for the lybian people as well...

I actually just flew out of Kansai airport last night, got into Guam about 2 am. I was horrified at what I saw happening across Sendai on the news today. We had a tsunami watch here for about three hours, they estimated a 30+ foot wave, but we weren't affected nearly that badly.

I've spent several months in Japan, and I just can't stop thinking about all the people there who have impacted my life so profoundly.

I have just seen the latest news there, and I'm greatly saddened...
    My condolences for all of their families... and I hope Japan will get most help and assistance as possible.

I saw just the latest videos, and they look horrible. The wave was so fast and took everything in its way, it was terrifying.

I hope the cooling system of the atomic reactors stays online, that nothing more bad things happen.

I pray for the people there, that they got out save, and get fast help from the other countries.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Japan and around the Pacific ocean. And that a way to help beyond prayer comes in time to help those in need.

My prayers are with them as well. I haven't watched any of the videos yet.. honestly I'm afraid to. I can't even imagine how horrible this is.. all of those people... families, friends, and pets...
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

I 2 am consurned for the people in Japan, they got 3 major issues happening now

1 there Nuclear power plant is approaching meltdown temps
    2 the giant wall of water that swept a city( it looks like) off the face of the earth disrupting communication and transportation in the area .
    3 And NO ONE WANTS TO REPORT THIS the quakes epicenter and surrounding after shocks are what i like to call dangerously close to awakening a sleeping giant in there land Mt Fuji . The initial quake was a 8.9 on the rector scale and was located some 286 miles from the Mt Fuji Volcano that could trigger the dormant volcanic chamber to fill with magma. The Usgs has confirmed that this Quake has ripped a hole in the earths crust 150 miles long some where close to the sea bed I was not able to get longitude and latitude of this hole so i cant see where it is or if the hole accessed the Magma chamber , It dose look like Fuji might wake up as well
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I hope the Fuji will stay calm...

I was rather surprised to hear of the earthquake when I got up today. I sure hope the nuclear reactor doesn't get any worse, Japan doesn't need any more on their plate right now.

I have to say, though, that Japan's engineering has really shown its quality through this earthquake. Even buildings impacted by the Tsunami after enduring the earthquake have remained standing, and that's incredibly impressive. Japan has been hit by roughly 100 aftershocks following the 8.9, a good number of them above 6.0, yet the buildings continue to stand. One only needs to look at the tragedy that befell Haiti to get an idea of the number of lives that were spared in Japan due to such quality engineering.

As a side note: Does anybody else get annoyed from seeing the dumb news reports concerning damage in America? "Some boat damage in Santa Cruz" .. Really? Who's thinking "I want to report about this inconvenience" in light of the damage in Japan? We can't leave well enough alone and avoid trying to seem like we're waving our hands and yelling "We were affected too! D:". I know that the majority of people in America won't care about the collateral damage America receives, but the news needs to stop making these insignificant reports alongside the reports about Japan.

Akrion, I thought the same. About the buildings - great architecture - as wel as the annoying news.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

That's stunning damage, I can't wrap my brain around it all. I count my blessings and pray for all of those hit by all of the immediate happenings and the aftermath. 5 nuclear plants in a state of emergency is very scary on top of everything else that already occurred...

lightning claw, I'm no geologist so please excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't a tear relieve pressure in that chamber making it less likely to blow? Do you have a link that would explain what the risk is?

Akrion, I did not get angry... headlines of damage in America were so inconsequential to me that I did not notice them until you mentioned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    I was rather surprised to hear of the earthquake when I got up today. I sure hope the nuclear reactor doesn't get any worse, Japan doesn't need any more on their plate right now.

I have to say, though, that Japan's engineering has really shown its quality through this earthquake. Even buildings impacted by the Tsunami after enduring the earthquake have remained standing, and that's incredibly impressive. Japan has been hit by roughly 100 aftershocks following the 8.9, a good number of them above 6.0, yet the buildings continue to stand. One only needs to look at the tragedy that befell Haiti to get an idea of the number of lives that were spared in Japan due to such quality engineering.

As a side note: Does anybody else get annoyed from seeing the dumb news reports concerning damage in America? "Some boat damage in Santa Cruz" .. Really? Who's thinking "I want to report about this inconvenience" in light of the damage in Japan? We can't leave well enough alone and avoid trying to seem like we're waving our hands and yelling "We were affected too! D:". I know that the majority of people in America won't care about the collateral damage America receives, but the news needs to stop making these insignificant reports alongside the reports about Japan.
    I couldn`t agree more Aki, like ooooh a few piers, and boats were destroyed...
    big deal. that`s nothing compared to entire civilizations. and Japan`s got 3 nuclear power plants on the verge of melt down, as well as a volcano which could blow any given moment. I think America can survive replacing a few damaged piers. *frowns*
    The people of Japan are the ones who need prayers, and aid right now.
    When I saw the videos, and heard how bad the quake, and wave were, my heart practicaly fell from my chest.
    I`m praying they are able to make it through ok, and that they get the aid they need as quickly as possible.

<Minor Rant>
    This.. http://www2.wrbl.com/news/2011/mar/1...mi-ar-1570195/ Headlines like this make me shake my head in shame.

"Calif., Oregon Sustained Most Damage From Tsunami" Do people in the news just make headline titles by impulse? Do they not stop and think about it for a moment? That perhaps adding 'In America' at the end of the headline might make it less insulting? Or that, again, perhaps we shouldn't be making headlines about the bits of collateral damage we received in the first place?
    </Rant End>

I'm sorry for that little rant, but it just really bugs me when I see a headline like that pop up as I refresh my browser on occasion to check for updates on Japan.

Edit: (I don't actually use that website for the news, I just watch google/bing for new news postings and every so often I see stuff like the above)

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post

lightning claw, I'm no geologist so please excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't a tear relieve pressure in that chamber making it less likely to blow? Do you have a link that would explain what the risk is?
    Awdz Mt Fuji did this about 300 years ago 35 days after this type of quake It went nuts to the point where the mountain destroyed it self and the volcano rebuilt it self. Did you know Mt Fuji is not the first mountain to stand there the first one is Old Fuji and Komitake are the other 2 . Sadly its not an easy volcano Like Kilauea Its more like St Helaine's. As for the "Devils Hole" that occurred and a giant vortex of water formed that looked like a giant drain. Yes that would help for the short term. More explosive in the long hall.

See your adding mass in that nice tight chamber with only one main shaft to vent that pressure yes the sea water will cool some of the magma in the chamber true but it will reliquify over time now you got added Pressure of steam and Molten rock and a volcano thats been sleeping for 300 years and long over due for an eruption for its cycle .

Not good news at all i am afraid .

Edit

Hears a quick science experiment take a dasani bottle (any) Place it to where it has a tight fit to the mouth of your kitchen sink hold tightly to the faucit and turn on the water full bore If your strong you will see the water from the faucit slow down to almost not coming in and then Be Prepared to get wet cause the second air finds away to get out it will take the water with it . Its a crude way to imitate what might happen Underneath Fuji
    Last edited by lightning claw; March 12th, 2011 at 09:40 AM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Awdz Mt Fuji did this about 300 years ago 35 days after this type of quake It went nuts to the point where the mountain destroyed it self and the volcano rebuilt it self. Did you know Mt Fuji is not the first mountain to stand there the first one is Old Fuji and Komitake are the other 2 . Sadly its not an easy volcano Like Kilauea Its more like St Helaine's. As for the "Devils Hole" that occurred and a giant vortex of water formed that looked like a giant drain. Yes that would help for the short term. More explosive in the long hall.

See your adding mass in that nice tight chamber with only one main shaft to vent that pressure yes the sea water will cool some of the magma in the chamber true but it will reliquify over time now you got added Pressure of steam and Molten rock and a volcano thats been sleeping for 300 years and long over due for an eruption for its cycle .

Not good news at all i am afraid .

Edit

Hears a quick science experiment take a dasani bottle (any) Place it to where it has a tight fit to the mouth of your kitchen sink hold tightly to the faucit and turn on the water full bore If your strong you will see the water from the faucit slow down to almost not coming in and then Be Prepared to get wet cause the second air finds away to get out it will take the water with it . Its a crude way to imitate what might happen Underneath Fuji
    Thank you for the explanation, it helps a lot because I really did not understand it. That's an interesting experiment to get the concept to sink in (after I get dowsed!).

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    I am glad the immediate casing of the reactor held after an outer building exploded, but wowsers... :-(
    *continues prayers for all affected*

Well looks like the wishes where received Fuji has not erupted yet sadly we forgot the other 20 or so volcano's in the area Shinmoedake Volcano has started to erupt 900 miles from the epicenter

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Well....this IS bad.

I cannot imagine it can get much worse - this is a great disaster.

Somehow I KNOW I will regret that.

I pray for all of them.
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

Thread Information