Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets pray for the people in Japan

Default Re: Lets pray for the people in Japan

Just in case some people may be really concerned about what could happen with the nuclear power plants, due to the media being a bit dramatic about it here's a more in depth explanation of the situation laid out in layman's terms: http://bravenewclimate.com/2011/03/1...e-explanation/

While the situation -is- bad, don't let yourself get drawn into the whole 'Could Japan be the next Chernobyl?' topic I'm seeing thrown around in the news.

The quake shifted Japans tectonic plate 13 feet East under the North American plate, sunk Japan by 2 feet, and shifted the earth`s axis by 6.5 inches.
    wow amazing what an earthquake can do O.o

With all these tectonic movements makes me wonder if our planet`s in a major shift. XD As long as I don`t wind up being in the South pole I`m fine LOL!
    *thinks of the movie 2012* O.o

oh! thanks for posting that Aki. I heard they got at least one plant more stable now, so that`s a good sign
    Last edited by Darkwing_Duck; March 14th, 2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a bit of info XD

news update on reactors:

I heard today on the radio that a reactor has started to leak dangerous levels of radiation. Everyone within 30 km of this reactor is not allowed to go outside, open windows, etc. They are to remain indoors.

Why not flash freeze the water with about 200 gallons of Liquid nitrogen to the water and I am not talking about a minor amount. I’m talking flash freezing the water. This will create steam but the hepa filters will filter out most of it. This will cause the full rods to rapidly cool the reactor will be sacrificed and might leak minor to moderate amounts of radiation. However it’s a lot better than a full blown melt down of all 6 reactors

So here’s my plan and feel free if it has merit to tweak it any way possible to make it work
    Radiation absorbing material like boron to be added to the water then fast pump about 50 gallons of Liquid nitrogen to the water and keep the water frozen completely for a span of 12 to 24 hours taking the rods from +5000 to + 50 in a controlled span of 12 to 24 hours .
    About 100 to 200 gallons of Liquid nitrogen per reactor will be used and once the rods are cooled to a safe transporting temperature the material is deposed of safely.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Why not flash freeze the water with about 200 gallons of Liquid nitrogen to the water and I am not talking about a minor amount. I’m talking flash freezing the water. This will create steam but the hepa filters will filter out most of it. This will cause the full rods to rapidly cool the reactor will be sacrificed and might leak minor to moderate amounts of radiation. However it’s a lot better than a full blown melt down of all 6 reactors

So here’s my plan and feel free if it has merit to tweak it any way possible to make it work
    Radiation absorbing material like boron to be added to the water then fast pump about 50 gallons of Liquid nitrogen to the water and keep the water frozen completely for a span of 12 to 24 hours taking the rods from +5000 to + 50 in a controlled span of 12 to 24 hours .
    About 100 to 200 gallons of Liquid nitrogen per reactor will be used and once the rods are cooled to a safe transporting temperature the material is deposed of safely.
    The reason the reactors are going haywire is because the diesel pump used to circulate the cooling got flooded. What happens when you flood an engine? Water doesn't compress like air does... when it tries to compress water, it destroys the engine.

Doesn't help either that this isn't the good kind of radiation... you stay too long and you are toast.

Dunno if anyone has posted this yet, or has seen this, but here's a vid I saw yesterday of the ground splitting and moving, and water shooting up. Very eerie to see as I can't comprehend how the ground is still swaying and moving AFTER the quake. It's too bizarre to understand, but it's like the country is just floating above the magma under the crust or something, it's weird, kind of creepy too.

http://thechive.com/2011/03/16/crazy...e-quake-video/
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

If it is real, it is rather worrying...

It's real, and it's a phenomenon called Liquefaction. Earth Science class, GO!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_liquefaction

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Wow that video is pretty scary in my books, looks almost like the earth is breathing and alive. D:

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Thread Information