Thread: Looking for tips on leveling?

Trizon

Default Looking for tips on leveling?

I just recently became a Fitter.I'm want to be able to help onstructures as soon as possible.What is the best way of leveling?

Default Re: Looking for tips on leveling?

Working on tools is the easiest way to level. Bronze tools until lvl 35-40, so when you switch to iron, you'll be at full efficiencyon bars (2:1)and tools. Iron till ~60, and then you can either go for the gold/platin tools, or the hard way doing

iron bars+nickel ore=steel bars (=> tools)
    steel+cobalt ore=cobalt bars (=> tools)
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

Lockwood

i actually thought it was faster xp wise to jump to iron earlier, sure it isn't AS effecient per strike, but the amount of xp you get for an iron bar is pretty solid.

Trizon

I'm not sure why the forum put asterisks on the word F i t t e r, butoh well.

Ok, good to know. Thanks for the tips guys. I'll start collecting formulas for tools. Have you found any tools to be betterXP than the others?

Blue_Moonrider

as a general rule unless you have a dragon friend in dire need of hoard or you are *very* broke you want to deconstruct the items you are grinding on to level so the tools you want to be making are the ones that you are optimally efficient on so that your grinding time gives you the most return. So the tools you make will move up as you gethigher skillbecause the xp is a relation on the skill needed to make the item.

Elkandriel

I`ve leveled a bit different construction class here. I`d recommend anyway using just optimal construction skill and building for leveling. I suppose that is the most efficient way unless you got other craft school that can make/process tier v metals. There is just tons of building work to do atm. Also if you just want to lvl to tier v maybe you should make and deconstructsilver, gold and platinum tools. Since I think you still need to collect nickel, iron and cobalt for cobalt bars! Mithril should only require mithril ore so that should be very easy.

It may be more fulfilling to level a construction trade by doing actual construction work, but it's generally considered fastest to level by making and deconstructing tools. It's a personal decision how you're going to balance those two activities.
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

Flachette

i was efficient on iron in my 20's but iron kinda sucks to work with because of location, I havent checked out the gold yet but will very soon im at lev 39.7 i think. Gold may be better to jump into as soon as you can because of the plots near it and the finishing machines they have on them...really its kinda weird the location of plots relative to the resources makes mithril the easyist resource to work with

Think Iron is bad? With the new resource locations, Steel is even more fun (Think after vaults shrink back). Nickel is easy to get from Aug, just all the portalling around from Chiconis, to Aug and back.

Siareph

Quote Originally Posted by Trizon
    I'm not sure why the forum put asterisks on the word F i t t e r, butoh well.
    Because the first 5 letters are slang in Norwegian (I believe) for... umm... girl parts. [:$]

[:O] See what marvelous things playing this game teaches you? [;)]
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Siareph

Hehehe I just googled it and that's what popped up... [6]

Flachette

at what level does leveling fitter get kinda slow? so far it seems a snap to level with minimal time crafting ive already hit 54 btw why would anyone even want to work with steel or cobalt? i juice up on reaping iv's and fill the vault with about 10k gold ore (doesnt take long i get around 2.5kinto the vault every 15 mins) then head to an area with a smelter& anvil and level away

Flachette

just an fyi once you get around 65 or so get your gear teched and switch to Platinum its rediculously easy. The finishing machines are in the field and very close to the ore.

Thread Information