Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Loot: Shoulder Pets

Default New Loot: Shoulder Pets

Pets are kind of my thing in MMOs. Istaria has them too, but for the most part they were all from events, and I do not think that there is even a single one available to anyone in current day Istaria unless they can find someone who got them a long time ago.

This, despite the fact that there are 31 textures meant for shoulder pets that I can find in the game files. So, I propose that at least some of these shoulder pets be added to loot tables as very rare drops. A few could also be added to the proposed soul shard vendor.

Ideally, some of the ones that have mob counterparts would drop off of those mobs, e.g., a maggot pet dropped by maggots or a wolf pet dropped by wolves, and shoulder pets would be spread across all six tiers so that even lower-level players have a chance at getting some (and possibly then selling it to a higher-level player because shoulder pets are not really tied to tier with regards to who wants one).

I would see these being attune-on-equip and not attune-on-loot, at least in general cases.

I also would implore the devs to make any of these shoulder pets usable by dragons as well as bipeds rather than only bipeds as has been the case in the past with the exception of maybe two.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: New Loot: Shoulder Pets

this is an excellent idea that would make hunting a lot more enjoyable.
    With pets, you feel rewarded for your hard work, even if its as minor as a sholder pet, it still gives a sense of accomplishment, especially when you have a whole slew of collections!

I would -love- to see this implimented.

me too*signs* !
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I vote for shoulder Faffy : p
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

YES YES YES!!
    FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF!!

1000 times yes - wether as loot, or purchaseable off the soul shard vendor, heck even 5 bucks each - ANYTHING YES! MORE FLUFFS YES!

And absolutely, they'd need to all be wearable and displayable by dragons too (as a couple of them all, but you are right, not all). Not fair to give fluff to just one side and not the other!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    ..Ideally, some of the ones that have mob counterparts would drop off of those mobs, e.g., a maggot pet dropped by maggots or a wolf pet dropped by wolves, and shoulder pets would be spread across all six tiers so that even lower-level players have a chance at getting some...
    And what of the poor cows? 3 of the (10?) pets are cows..

All pets should also be added to able to equipped in the Wing slot, and appear on each side of the dragon. The treant pet would need changed as well from chest slot to wing.

I will not support this suggestion until such time as all pets are useable by Dragons. If they can fix that, then I support adding them to the soul shard vendor at exhorbitant prices (125 per?).

The basis for the high price comes from observations of other mmos, and the prices they charge for gear, which requires days or weeks of work to get a single piece. This seems to be working for them with no ill effects, and players keep playing for a long long time to complete sets of gear.

It's not fluff it's flair. And if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37!

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I will not support this suggestion until such time as all pets are useable by Dragons. If they can fix that, then I support adding them to the soul shard vendor at exhorbitant prices (125 per?).
    I was going to suggest about using that soul shard system for fluff stuff like shoulder pets, but guaran beat me to it :P

in fact, I was kinda dissapointed when I saw that the stuff wasnt really "collectible" stuff, like emblems and the like (hint hint hint)

aaaanyhow, YES SHOULDER PETS, ME WANTZ!!!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflury View Post
    It's not fluff it's flair. And if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsl2W...eature=related
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post

The basis for the high price comes from observations of other mmos, and the prices they charge for gear, which requires days or weeks of work to get a single piece. This seems to be working for them with no ill effects, and players keep playing for a long long time to complete sets of gear.
    Absolutely! And wierdly/oddly enough humans seem to pay twice as much and willing to put forth larger amounts of effort for FLAIR than for "epic gear."

So yes exhorbitant shard prices are fine for FLAIR and titles/emblems and such, and people will happily grind away for their title/little pet same as they do across other games. Even when they dont' grind away for the best in slot gear, they do it for FLAIR-FLUFF

(Yaw awesome movie..)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Dragons want a gnome shoulder pet

*wants a big cow pet.

Want a kitten!!!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i want a rabbit named george

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    Dragons want a gnome shoulder pet
    can i have a dragon shoulder pet then?

well, you could, but i see it as a problem of size - it's easy for a dragon to have a lifesized gnome shoulder pet, but not so much for a gnome to have even a hatchie sized dragon shoulder pet.......

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    can i have a dragon shoulder pet then?
    yes, just dont forget to feed the little pet or it may nibble on your ear

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    well, you could, but i see it as a problem of size - it's easy for a dragon to have a lifesized gnome shoulder pet, but not so much for a gnome to have even a hatchie sized dragon shoulder pet.......

That picture is HILARIOUS!! I see a comic here...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

While adding new shoulder pets would be nice if it were to happen, the aim of my suggestion is more to just get the existing assets into the game somehow, be it from loot or vendor or something else (preferably multiple sources at multiple tiers). I just figure that the less work is involved, the more likely it is that something like my suggestion actually happens. And unfortunately, there aren't gnome or dragon shoulder pets in the files. x3

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    That picture is HILARIOUS!! I see a comic here...
    i would be both flattered and honored if one of our brilliant artists used the idea!! i too think it would be a very kewl beans bit!!!

Thread Information