• No

43 89.58%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll Attunement Yes/No

Default Re: Poll Attunement Yes/No

pls folks,
    though I agree that attuning is nothing but annoying
    we do not need to flame here- I think the devs already got the point
    and they do listen- as it is proved in many ways.
    And just for the records
    there are many players who enjoy the broken items, and love to hunt for them, or receiving them as a gift.
    And there are many players who understood that the loot revamp WAS NECESSARY - as Amon explained to us more than once
    and yes, some people even like the new loot system.
    Not all are uber-ubers who can get it all in ridicoulous short time.
    As I said before- if we want Istaria to survive, we, the vet players, have to be willing to accept compromises.
    Not every single decision that is made can take our wants and needs into account.

However: Attunement was refused by the playerbase from the very first moment it was introduced. Instead of declining it- it was enhanced
    We do not like it- we do not want it.
    There is no use for that in Istaria atm!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I used to recommend this game to anybody I met that was a gamer. But I am not proud of the game enough to do that anymore. So I do not recommend it.
    Last edited by Grodec; March 28th, 2011 at 07:41 PM.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Attunement when used properly does not have to be a bad thing (like the whole Attune on Equip thing) considering it forces you to think about using something in case you might want to sell it.
    This this this!

I too am against just all "attunment" hither and wither and yon =D.

If the devs want items attuned, such as rare drops, weapons/armors etc. I'm fine with that- just make it Attune on EQUIP!! That way if you pick something up yourself, but can't use it or don't want it - you can still sell/trade to others for things you can use/coin/etc.

Attune on EQUIP is enough attunement that it keeps things "Rare", and it keeps people from just making one set of equipment and then passing it around to everyoen in the guild.

But "attune on pickup" and "attune on craft" or "attune on tech" are just wrong. Wrong wrong wrong for this game. Gear is not standardized across races and classes, there should be no reason why I picked something up I can't do anything but vendor sell it if I can't even use it if I wanted to. Crafted items are the CORE of our economy, as Sol said - why is it if she puts a tech on something that someone has asked to be crafted FOR them (thereby creating interdependency and an economy/craft purpose) it becomes attuned to her! NO!

Now, if you had "attune on equip" then she could make that item, throw the tech on it, get her trade for it - and then the person who bought/traded for it puts it in - bam! They keep it, and that's fine and normal and makes sense.

And yes ont he storage thing too - attune items NEED to be able to be stored SOMEWHERE besides our backpacks. Wether you change the coding on the vaults/silos or just create a whole new type of storage (yea new building/lair chamber!) that is specifically for attuned items. Fine. But something needs to be changed there.

Attunement doesn't have to ruin the game, and to me the best attunement for IStaria would be "Attune on Equip"..not loot...and not made.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I have wrestled with how to respond here for quite a while. Finally decided I would be simple and to the point. If you have specific items that are attuned (or attune-on-equip or attune-on-install) I am happy to discuss them.

But, not the system as a whole. Quested items should always be attuned in my opinion, they are yours and yours alone. Items that have quested tech kits applied to them will always be instantly attuned. You used YOUR quested item on them. Master-level formulas that are purchased are attuned because they are end-game epic level. If you want them on another character, buy them with that other character.

Looking at the list of items that are instantly attuned, the only one I see out of place is Drain Bolt. And we're looking into it. If there are others, bring them up.

Finally, we are in agreement about plot storage and attuned items. However, there are some significant technological hurdles to overcome if we would ever be able to allow you to put attuned items into potentially public storage. That's not to say it won't ever happen, but the hurdle is significant and isn't the technology team's current focus.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I had an idea about a possible way to handle attuned item storage in plot structures, if it would be of any help.

The idea is that the game performs a check when the player tries to drop an attuned item in storage, sort of like how there is a check to see if a container has items in it before moving it to a structure. It would be checking to see if the structure's storage is set to "Deny All." If it is, then the item is placed in storage. If not, the game displays an appropriate error message.

The real hurdle with this would probably be getting the game to do a check to see if a structure contains attuned items before it allows the player to change the permissions on that structure, since I cannot think of any current situations where a plot will deny a request to change permissions.

The gist of it: have the game check to see if storage is set to Deny All before allowing attuned items to be placed inside. Then, have the game check to see if a structure contains attuned items before letting the player change permissions to that structure. If either check returns true, then placing the item/changing permissions fails.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Finally, we are in agreement about plot storage and attuned items. However, there are some significant technological hurdles to overcome if we would ever be able to allow you to put attuned items into potentially public storage. That's not to say it won't ever happen, but the hurdle is significant and isn't the technology team's current focus.
    Just throwing an idea out there for the future, perhaps it has already been considered, and if so perhaps decided against due to it being a somewhat 'hacked togethor' solution, but..

Maybe you guys could use unique containers that would be associated with a character (like how a player structure is associated with the plot owner) and as a result operate as miniature player structures which would be configured to not allow other people to access them. These containers could then be placed within a player structure. Now that you have a container associated with a character that's within a player structure, the owner of said container could place their attuned items directly into this container.

Basically the player would be using portable 'vaults' that use the bulk and stack of the structure they're placed in. The idea here is that you wouldn't need to associate every individual attuned item to the player as they're placed in a structure, but instead only need to associate the containers they're placed in since it could then be assumed that everything within the container is associated with that player.

Regardless, it's nice to see that the current issue with plots is agreed with among the devs at least even if it's unknown how it may be resolved atm.
    Last edited by Akrion; March 28th, 2011 at 10:16 PM.

Pity a plot owner cannot have structures irreversibly attuned to the plot owner into which items attuned to that plot owner can be placed. The plot owner could at any time remove his attuned items should he choose to decon that attuned structure. Perms: allow all, guild only, deny all and attuned deny all.

Knossos

I have wrestled with how to respond here for quite a while. Finally decided I would be simple and to the point. If you have specific items that are attuned (or attune-on-equip or attune-on-install) I am happy to discuss them.

But, not the system as a whole. Quested items should always be attuned in my opinion, they are yours and yours alone. Items that have quested tech kits applied to them will always be instantly attuned. You used YOUR quested item on them. Master-level formulas that are purchased are attuned because they are end-game epic level. If you want them on another character, buy them with that other character.

Looking at the list of items that are instantly attuned, the only one I see out of place is Drain Bolt. And we're looking into it. If there are others, bring them up.

Thank you Amon for keeping an open ear to our rants and concerns.

My example of the Large Intact Kwellen Hide (or however it is named)
    has that been changed to no longer attune upon looting?

Andaras

How about a simpler solution... increase our total stacks in our vaults. Give us a reason to purchase those higher levels of vault upgrades. It wasn't as bad when there were not that many things that were attuned, but it seems like EVERYTHING is attuned now, which makes this very difficult. The tech is there for vault increases, and, unfortunately, the game is not that huge as to brake the DB with the influx in items.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thought of one after I posted above... Token of Esteem. These were randomly attuned some time ago. I recall reading that the attune was taken off of them, but.... the ones that we already had are still attuned. And, the trick of stacking them with an unattuned one will not work with those, as they are not stackable.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Dragon tech kits - why should an item with a (non quested formula, non-attuned-formula, craftable, not-attuned-to-crafter) dragon tech kit on it automatically attune to the person who applies the kit? A few times I've managed to bork it because I forget that it's going to automatically attune to me if I apply the tech kit to the crafted-for-someone-else claw or scale.

Seeing as Drain Bolt is a *quested* spell - at least for dragons - why wouldn't it be attuned?

All I really want is to be able to craft a nice piece of equipment for another dragon, and if I put the tech kit onto it before handing it over, it doesn't automatically make ME the owner of a nice shiny Turquoise Spiked Claw with Sharper I ...
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    All I really want is to be able to craft a nice piece of equipment for another dragon, and if I put the tech kit onto it before handing it over, it doesn't automatically make ME the owner of a nice shiny Turquoise Spiked Claw with Sharper I ...
    yes- that happened to us too- still have those claws and wings
    waiting to get them unattuned

Thx U Amon for a very good and informative answer.

I have some suggestions to ease the Attuned storage iteam problem.

1.) Add new account vault same like we have now only more on the stack less on the bulk and you even have to pay for level 1. This second vault only holds attuned iteams. Call it the Shinies Vault or something can even put level req and perq on it like need to be atleast level 80Adv and have Vault level 5 in order to pay for Shinies Vault level 1.

2.) Add Shinies Vault like pot/lair building/cave that holds only Attund iteams and only grants access to the owner of the plot/lair.

Just some ideals off the top of my head.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Aye Amon thanks for the response.

I agree with you on quested items, and even end game/Master level craft stuff. As other dragons have pointed out above me however there are non-quested craft receipies that are causing things to be bind-on-apply; those to me anyway should be the "Bind on equip" type attunement.

Glad to know you guys are thinking about ways to try and open up some storage for attuned stuff! As Balth suggested above me, the only thing I could come up with was creating a unique storage-building for plots that was only accessible by the plot owner and even *only* held attuned items. Kinda like a "mini vault" so to speak. I know I don't access other people's vaults on their plot, so I'm assuming it is possible to create a different "type" of vault that is only for attuned items - kinda like how libraries are only for XYX.

Now how much coding that would involve, that I don't know lol. I know everyone would love a new structure-look to build (hey its a treasure chest! lol), And wouldn't mind (I would imagine) if it was not as spacious as a regular vault but was ONLY for attuned items (wether that be receipies or quest items or armor or whatever).

I hope that is possible anyway. If that's too much work though I hope you guys come up with something simpler for ya! Its just good to know you are working on it and understand our frustrations .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Attunement as a whole should have an overhaul or let us store attuned items on our plots atleast. If thats not possible remove all the bulk limits and dont let them count to the total item limit. This is the main reason why attuned items are driving people nuts.

I can understand that players like MarshDog are getting sick of it even upto the degree that they quit their subscriptions, that the developers fail to see their mistake that its pushing players into such a decision is even more worrying..
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Marsh already said that he is not going to cancel his subs.

Amon did listen (as usual) and has already offered good solutions.
    Here and in Creme`s thread.

And no, the storage prob is not the main reason- at least not for me and my
    friends.

I dont really like it. That said, there is a place for it. Just needs to be for quest items. Even epic items. A clear help policy for accidental lootings when in a group to get an item moved should be in place.

And as for vaults, can you just remove bulk and stack from these uber precious attuned items? can be like caiman island or swiss vaults....the banker just doesnt care all that much about certain things and turns a blind eye....

I don't like attunement either but seems we are stuck with it, like it or not as the powers to be want it.

So I won't argue for getting rid of attunement, I'm trying to learn when to beat my head against a brick wall and when not to, seems we been told the system as a whole is not up for debate. It would be nice if could trade teched items though.

I have two suggestions on the storage problem.

Option 1. Oops just noticed Zrenree already suggested my option1, remove bulk/stack from them.

Option 2. Whats the possiblity to change what attunement means? Instead of making it can't drop/sell/trade etc, could it be changed to "can only be used/wielded by one its attuned to?
    This way could store items in housing instead of in vault, and even allow us to sell them maybe (like when my dragon gets an item can only be used by a biped) to pawnbrokers if don't want em if they can't already be sold, never tried so don't know. While we could also give them away, wouldn't do the receiver any good since wouldn't be able to use/wield.

I prefer items not being attuned but it seems the system is what it is and we have to live with it. I respect Amon, I do believe is fair minded and does listen to us without just dismissing us altogeather, and has the best interest of the game in mind even when wrong lol so I won't argue (to much) at least this time.

Opton 2 might not be feasible with how coding of the game works but opton 1 certainly should be, we have 0 bulk items now.

My appologies if missed someone already posted my option 2 and I missed it.

Smaug

I don't mind the attuned items that are quest-only items, and the items that are attune-on-equip.
    I just lost the game.

I seldom hit the forums anymore and my decision is pretty much made on what my future holds. Since this is something that weighed into my decision I'll add to the voices questioning the logic of all this attuned loot and rewards now.

Thread Information