Thread: Paying for more! Upgrades to Account.

Dranar

Default Paying for more! Upgrades to Account.

With the option to longer add in a second CD-Key, would it be possible to have additional "Add-ons" or "Upgrades" you could do to an account?

Myself, I would like to have more than Five characters... I would pay for that (Say, an extra $1 a month per character?)

Also I wouldn't mind more room on consignment merchants (Say, $3 a month for doubling Consignment, like a CD-Key used to) This is minor though with the new Tiered Consignment merchants allowing so many.

Allowing more multiple Log-ons. ($5 a month, for example, added). This is good for families that want to use the same account, or someone who doesn't want ten characters but has two computers. This is something I personally don't need, but many would like it.

Also I would LOVE to have other characters on my account have a plot... (Say $5 to $9 extra a month, since that is a lofty perk).

I really would pay for such things if they were available.

With the addition of Dragon Lairs coming, this would be a nice thing as I would like my dragon to have a lair.

And, those who simply sign up, then buy a plot, then cancel the extra plot thing... It could be that their "most recent" bought plots are then sold back to the community if they do this? Thus it avoids problems of someone buying them up on other characters with ease.

Potentially do a bundle pack as well of all the features at a decreased price as well? So someone wanting it all.

Also, if a person is getting a three or six month subscription, slightly decreased as well (But maybe not, depending). I, personally, would pay for many of those features.

~Dranar

Default Re: Paying for more! Upgrades to Account.

Just a second..

A second cd key is like $13 US a month right?

Sizing up your figures:
    - $1 / extra character
    - $3 / doubling consignment
    - $5 - $9 / extra plot

Add all those together and you get:
    $1 + $3 + $5 to $9 = $9 to $13

So you want to add 5 new characters (the same as a second cd key does).
    $5 + $3 + $5 to $9 = $13 to $17

Given your figures.. You'd be meeting or exceeding the price of a second cd key and you'd only get the same returnas you would fromthe second cd key.

Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Dranar

They were just examples. ::chuckles::

Lower prices then to "match"... But, they were just examples, I wasn't looking at the current price.

Though all in all, a full set should be about the price of a Second CD-Key, if you got everything.

Dranar

So, anyone else who reads around here who would indeed be interested in one or part of the ideas? Prices not the same, of course, but just the idea of it?

~Dranar

I'd prefer to be able to add CD keys to my account. [:P]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Why should we pay extra for the stuff you listed...some of us already paid $30-50 for the game, then add monthly (or 6 or 12 month) charges...it adds up...how much do you want to end up paying for Horizons? $500? Maybe you can afford that...not most people.

Dranar

I would love more CD-Keys, but that is paying for a full account per month anyway.

You do not have to use this stuff at all, it's all Optional, for those wanting it... That's the purpose behind it. For those that do want it and have the money... For someone who just wants a sixth character, an extra $1 a month... Or you have your five characters, and you want your dragon to have a lair along with that Biped plot you have... Just an extra $5 over what you already pay.

It is all optional... I'm not saying add anything to current charges.

The CD-Keys, when they did free CD-Keys become bugged and people would add them and then not pay for them, but use the 7 Day trial to get all the advantages of the CD-Key...

This method would prevent that.

I don't want people paying more than they can afford. I want a fair method for people to have more if they want it, but no requirement at all to it.

~Dranar

Quote Originally Posted by Dranar
    I would love more CD-Keys, but that is paying for a full account per month anyway.

You do not have to use this stuff at all, it's all Optional, for those wanting it... That's the purpose behind it. For those that do want it and have the money... For someone who just wants a sixth character, an extra $1 a month... Or you have your five characters, and you want your dragon to have a lair along with that Biped plot you have... Just an extra $5 over what you already pay.

It is all optional... I'm not saying add anything to current charges.

The CD-Keys, when they did free CD-Keys become bugged and people would add them and then not pay for them, but use the 7 Day trial to get all the advantages of the CD-Key...

This method would prevent that.

I don't want people paying more than they can afford. I want a fair method for people to have more if they want it, but no requirement at all to it.

~Dranar
    Or have the option (for free) to give people some of your extra char space...like I'll prbly never have more then 2 chars ever. So if I could give you or someone my other 3 then people could use them and avoid this extra cost idea.

Dranar

I agree, that would be nice... But they are a company and need to make money too. :)

Though that would be very nice of them.

~Dranar

While the upgrades are nice, I'm not sure if it would really be worthwhile for AE to offer those things. Too many people might be minimizing, and some might go crazy with the extra plot thing. Better to make them pay the full price of a subscription if they really want it. Which is most likely the case for those wanting multiple log-ins and extra plots.

From the sounds of it though, are you saying that they no longer allow people to add in CD keys? I thought that was still working although it has been some time since I did that.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

Dranar

Nae, I checked into it... you cannot add another CD-Key any more, this is official word from AE actually on it. If there is a way, maybe through pressing customer support, I would be all for it and happily pay the cost for two subscriptions. I really do like this game and happily would help support it more.

Since they are not, I would like an alternative method... As, quite frankly, I would like it if my dragon could have a lair, and Dranar still have the tavern.

~Dranar

I wonder if it has something to do with the new billing service they're going through. It really doesn't seem fair now that people can no longer add additional accounts. If this isn't just a temporary thing that they're disabling them, then I would hope that they eventually add in the ability to add all the features you've mentioned, even if it is only in the bundled pack that comes out to a monthly subscription fee.

I hope it's not just some limitation on the billing services side, if that's the case, I'd think they'd be best with switching again...even with all the hastle they had getting away from iBill.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

Dranar

Actually, it is because people were abusing the system before... perhaps once they fix it, it'll be fine..

But what people would do is sign up for a free CD-KEY, install it... Cancel it within seven days...

But in that time, they would create more characters, buy more plots (it's how some people had five plots but were only paying for 1 account) and all the advantages of multiple accounts without actually having them.

With the world merged over, I suspect that unless they were actually paying on the canceled accounts, that they probably could only get one plot (that is my guess at least). Regardless the system was exploitable before so they removed the feature... A feature I wanted to use and actually pay for.

~Dranar

Thread Information