Thread: Resource Connie

Default Resource Connie

think it would be real nice if their was a special NPC connie that acted like a pawn broker that gave players coin for resources and comps but the connie would hold them for ever till they sold at a little above fair market prices.

and this Connie will hold a set amount of each resource so for comps mabye 999 and for resources it can hold up to 20 stacks of 999?

I think this would be good for the economy because it would keep resources and comps stocked for long periods of times and players would know where to look

Default Re: Resource Connie

"fair market price" vaires from time to time, and as most people know will probably have a decent change here in the near future. The price that the npc sells it for would have to be set by the dev team, same as current PB's, just that the stacks would not deminish. Obviously rebuy prices from current PB's are extremely high and thus no one really buys so the only thing that could be done if this NPC was added was have the dev team basically set a base price on comps/resources and then players would then sell their comps/resources for less on connies.

Long story short, it's basically like asking to have Nadia come back in a way, except instead of being already stocked, she's player stocked.
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

it is hard to determine what is fair market price. but my thoughts are i defiantly dont want this to be competing with what players sell on the connie but not be so high that the items will never sell

My points exactly. My post might have come across like I was against this idea, but really it was just pointing out certain aspects that would not works and tweaks to it that would make it work and would also provide a money sink for the game (albeit not a BIG one, at least right off the bat)

Personally I like the idea, and I could see it working to improve multiple aspects of the game economically but I could also see two big things that sticks out on why the devs might not go for it, purely playing devils advocate here.

1) Even though it's already possible and already done and all you have to do it ask in MP or something for the resources (i've done it myself when I have silos to build and I maybe don't want to collect a TON of bricks/bars/etc) this sets up easy ways to PL crafting levels if you have the coin to do so since the stacks to not deminish over time nor do they return to vault thus lessing incentive to list multiple times. PLUS you're getting coin instead of spending coin to drop them off, so it's win for you, win for PL'er.

2) If they end up going with unlimited time for connies, while that eliminated part of my point above, it also adds unbelieveable data server side. You think it's horrible loading buildings and such after tuesday now? I don't think you could imagine how long it would be if both the connie thing AND this thing were in the works. The backlog would just be.....well I'm sure we get the picture.

</END devil's advocate>

The idea has a lot of merit, and I would love to see others input as nadia had her pro's and con's and having an npc(s) like her could be nice, and the idea's suggested by Blue do make very valid points, with extra points going towards current game population, mechanics, etc.

Pipe in please
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

I am against this idea. It would be dummying down the game.
    It is basically asking for a Nadia merchant so players can easily get all the comps they need with no effort.
    There is nothing preventing players from selling resources and comps on the current connies and relisting them if they do not sell the first time around.

If they end up going with unlimited time for connies, while that eliminated part of my point above, it also adds unbelieveable data server side. You think it's horrible loading buildings and such after tuesday now? I don't think you could imagine how long it would be if both the connie thing AND this thing were in the works. The backlog would just be.....well I'm sure we get the picture

thats why their would be a limit on how much can be listed.

lets say i sell to the Connie 300 marble frags and you come later and you come later and sell to it another 300 frags. it will combine both what we sold to the npc into one stack of 600. now lets say some one comes around and wants to sell 400, well if the staff puts a limit of 999 on it the npc will only accept 399 frags from seller C and this will prevent from an overload of to many items on the connie.

now lets go to another situation in the game and lets say we were selling these frags on a regular connie with a 2 week limit and all these frags now have been sent to are vault...if some one is in need of them and if were not on or not paying attention or worse case is we dont play any more those frags will never make it to market.

now i just said marble frags as an example but this connie would be more helpful on the less gathered comps that players can dump onto this npc

this is not nadia, players will stock this connie with comps and resources

Thread Information