Thread: Pottery plot decorations

Default Pottery plot decorations

Was thinking some Urns or decorated pots might make a nice touch for plot decorations. Would be similar to the baskets we have now only made with clay. Any thoughts?

CloudAngel

Ancient Helian Dragon
    Chaos Shard

Default Re: Pottery plot decorations

more fluff???

*pushes the vote yes button*

If someone would like to volunteer to take this on as a project, I say go for it.

But for right now we've got the artists on our team pretty backed up with a long list of items already on the books.

To clarify, Velea, if someone were to take it upon themselves to make all the art/etc assets (models, textures, whatever else might be involved) and handed them to the dev team, would whoever does that be willing to actually stick them in game? I can't tell from your comment whether you meant "we'd love to but we have a phone book's worth of other stuff taking priority" or whether this is roughly equivalent to the team accepting player-made quests/mural designs-- approximately "you do the making, if we like it we'll drop it into game".

Not that I could ever DO such a thing! But I'd like to know what you meant, in case someone else could and might want to.

hehe, I'd LOVE to do that, only, I don't know what software I need and stuff lol, and I got 0 experience with modeling and stuff

As Velea has noted, the art team is buried somewhere in a pile of tasks so deep I need diving gear to get to them (and my desk... its somewhere down there at the bottom. I need a submarine for that case!). But it doesn't mean I can't make a note of it or if someone wants to make the model and send in a ticket about it to Istaria support, I could arrange to have it made into a plot thing for you.

Mind you, a pot would be easy for me... its just that it would have to wait in line at the back of the que.
    Last edited by Frosthide; April 23rd, 2011 at 07:41 AM.

my vote for pottery too: The more fluff -the better.

Thy devs for answering here so promptly, and for not sweeping the idea from the table ( or better: Frosthides desk^^).
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by CloudAngel View Post
    Was thinking some Urns or decorated pots might make a nice touch for plot decorations. Would be similar to the baskets we have now only made with clay. Any thoughts?
    Ya, make them useable. People invented pottery and basket weaving to be able to put stuff in them. one stack, low bulk.

I like this idea and agree with Sleel, it would be awesome if a small amount of storage were implemented
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

ok so I just decided to give a spin at blender, and I was wondering if I could contribute stuff like models (in this case pottery lol) if I were to use blender (and JUST blender, if that's even possible lol, really,really, REALLY new to all this stuff)

Plot decorations are one thing. Plot storage, another entirely and in this case totally out of the question.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

oh yes, I'll add my vote for the fluff.

Also, would it be possible (for whoever does work on this)
    to make some Glass versions too? We could put those
    Glass Nodules to work for more than Potions!

*dreams of some Cobalt glass vases around his plot*

Andaras

I have some experience making 3d models and would be willing to toss this together. My question to the devs is, do you want a model using as few polygons as possible to reduce any potential lag, or would you prefer a smoother look that incorporated more polygons. I just don't know the power/demands of the engine used for this game, so if you advise, I can toss together something in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Andaras View Post
    oh yes, I'll add my vote for the fluff.

Also, would it be possible (for whoever does work on this)
    to make some Glass versions too? We could put those
    Glass Nodules to work for more than Potions!

*dreams of some Cobalt glass vases around his plot*

Andaras
    A bit of a harder texture to make, though the model could be the same. I will await the dev response and see what I can do from there.
    Aziriphale Crowley
    Chaos Server
    Proud Member of Mithril Council

Thread Information