Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any update on freezing abilities?

Default Re: any update on freezing abilities?

The cause is known internally, and I'm working on a fix.

In a nutshell, there are two distance checks involved when an ability gets used. The first one succeeds when it should fail. The ability gets marked as being used, and second one, performed right before actual use, fails as expected; so the ability doesn't fire and the client doesn't get a message saying you are too far away. Client confusion.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thank you very very much for giving us the info Steelclaw!!!
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

did that extra range get applied to live?

It should have been, by accident, then rolled back earlier in the week. I now know what's going on, and hope to have a fix to test on Blight soon.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

would love once the issue gets fixed if that patch can get rushed to live.

Only if you promise to get everyone to beat it up on Blight first.

...No, really. Changing a single line of code can introduce unwanted behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post

...No, really. Changing a single line of code can introduce unwanted behavior.
    So true

Sorry had to comment on that statement because there are too many things that get broken on each live patch.
    Should never been allowed to go live if it would cause so much grief to players.

I had to log out last night because of the abilities failing and causing the group to die several times. Just got tired of it

Hope you can fix it.

cheers

Thumbs up Re: any update on freezing abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    would love once the issue gets fixed if that patch can get rushed to live.

I have to second this. When the fix is found and tested. Just that part needs rushing.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

I now know what's going on, and hope to have a fix to test on Blight soon.

That might take a bit. Part of the problem was some "Why the heck are they doing that?!" code, which got removed or altered. We're taking a bit more time to test the fixes internally before rolling them to Blight -- I want to have the "Ohhh, that's why they did that!" moment before the fixes hit Blight.

Thread Information