Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greeting People

Default Re: Greeting People

I agree. Banning someone from a channel just because this player is afk and doesn't, then, make your name blue before to be back is, I think, overreacting.

promotion matters? musta missed something the last 9 months....

for the first topic of the thread,

i say hi back if i see it. i generally dont respond to blanket hello all type greetings when people enter a channel. I play mostly alone, and the few i do play with are often afk alot (as i am), so i don't expect responses back quickly.

im also usually running 2 logins , so dependng on which toon im playing i may or may not see or be able to respond to others.

If im hunting, dont count a response, as im usually getting my *** handed to me and and pretty focused on staying alive.

If im crafting...im 90% afk lol.

for the 2nd topic, the promotions in public chat rooms: I promote if i notice. Its rare that id be the last blue in a room, as i crash or switch toons way to to often to be last. As for my feelings if im not promoted....i could care less. ive never once, since release "needed" to be blue. if something in chat bothers me, i leave it. it's not up to me to ban, un ban, invite, or whatever. i also dont need to be blue or acknowleged when i login.

Thread Information