Thread: leveling

Default leveling

My suggestion is that you make the first 100 levels of a character ie (mage,warrior) exectra, easier. Trying to advance your character at this time is much too tedious.

As always my thanks

Pat
    Order Just A Babe In Woods

Default Re: leveling

Quote Originally Posted by conchwest View Post
    My suggestion is that you make the first 100 levels of a character ie (mage,warrior) exectra, easier. Trying to advance your character at this time is much too tedious.

As always my thanks

Pat
    the first 100 levels actually ARE easier, that is, if you level 1/2 school(s), because you won't have the rating screw you over.

Pat,

Thank you for your suggestion and for playing Istaria. The most efficient and effective way to level your character currently is to do the quests. Doing the quests should get you to well over level 40 in at least one (if not more than one) school. These quests are on New Trismus, Lesser Aradoth and the Dalimond Peninsula (through Tier 2). After T2 it can indeed become more difficult because Tiers 3 and 4 are fairly empty of quests. But, Tier5 (level 80+) has quite a lot again.

In addition, we recommend that you pick up some additional schools to assist you. For example, having Cleric and Mage leveled at least some if beneficial if you are a Warrior. It allows you to cast some ranged spells, some buffs, and also some basic heals.

Finally, definitely ask your fellow players. Many would be more than happy to assist you in some manner, from new equipment, to pointers, to logging in their own alts and playing/leveling alongside you.

Best of luck with Istaria and we hope to see you around for a long time to come!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank for reresponding to me.
    I'm currently @ lvl 12 warrior,5 scout,10 monk,12 cleric, 16 mage.
    My two active quests are:Town Marshall cedar beaters (kill 10 cedar treants) and Go bag 5 lesser water elemental materia (this quest is from the trophy hunter Karios in Kion) Now so far I have tried to complete these quest as a mage and a warrior at my present lvls and all I can accomplish is to get my _ss kicked. My next death point will fade in 5 hours. I still do not under stand how you think this works I would have to spend weeks at killing beaties for 70 points to get to a lvl to be able too complete the quest. My character is a free human aka no pay is this the difference.

As always Thanks Pat

If you level a lot of schools, your rating goes up more than your level. The amount of xp from killing a mob depends on your rating. Killing a lot of low level mobs, ones you can kill easy is perhaps a strategy you can follow.
    All start is difficult and it wil get more easy.
    And of course it has nothing to do with playing a free character.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by conchwest View Post
    Thank for reresponding to me.
    I'm currently @ lvl 12 warrior,5 scout,10 monk,12 cleric, 16 mage.
    My two active quests are:Town Marshall cedar beaters (kill 10 cedar treants) and Go bag 5 lesser water elemental materia (this quest is from the trophy hunter Karios in Kion) Now so far I have tried to complete these quest as a mage and a warrior at my present lvls and all I can accomplish is to get my _ss kicked. My next death point will fade in 5 hours. I still do not under stand how you think this works I would have to spend weeks at killing beaties for 70 points to get to a lvl to be able too complete the quest. My character is a free human aka no pay is this the difference.

As always Thanks Pat
    Pat, did you complete all of the available quests on New Trismus? In addition to a series of quests for all four core schools (Warrior, Scout, Mage, and Cleric) each of which is different, you can obtain other quests such as "The Lone Wolf", "Kill Red Tusks", "The Withered Bane", and the "Steward's Quest". Most of these require you to be around level 10 and also give quite a bit of experience.

There are also other quests around Kion that I would recommend you pick up. For example, if you speak with Marcus the Pawnbroker he will give you a quest that begins a series involving Parsinia. The quest is called "Marcus' Quest: Missing Shipment of Gems".

Another is obtained from Private Arlinne in the Militia Barracks and is titled "Determine the Extent of the Withered Aegis Raids" and is also the first in a series of quests.

Hope that helps get you going. As always your feedback is appreciated.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

While I agree with Amon that there are a lot more quests out there than town marshall and trophy hunter, I think you may be at a disadvantage because of the number of adventure classes you have.

If I may suggest, team up with a tier 1 crafter, irrelevant of having quests, and go out and pummel the sandstone golems south of Parsinia. Allow them to get the sandstone for whatever they're doing and you aid with the protection from the golems. This gives you someone to talk with and hunt with and really does make things fly faster. As you progress, you may want to go back to the cedar treants and/or try your hand on the bronze golems. There are also the garnet golems (single digit levels) on the eastern face of Mount Kion, the turquoise and malachite golems on top of Mount Kion and the wolves and undead just south of them on the eastern coast of Lesser Aradoth. Feel free to ask questions in New Player as well, as I've seen you there from time to time. We have some uniquely creative ways of raising levels in adventuring.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Pat, did you complete all of the available quests on New Trismus? In addition to a series of quests for all four core schools (Warrior, Scout, Mage, and Cleric) each of which is different, you can obtain other quests such as "The Lone Wolf", "Kill Red Tusks", "The Withered Bane", and the "Steward's Quest". Most of these require you to be around level 10 and also give quite a bit of experience.

There are also other quests around Kion that I would recommend you pick up. For example, if you speak with Marcus the Pawnbroker he will give you a quest that begins a series involving Parsinia. The quest is called "Marcus' Quest: Missing Shipment of Gems".

Another is obtained from Private Arlinne in the Militia Barracks and is titled "Determine the Extent of the Withered Aegis Raids" and is also the first in a series of quests.

Hope that helps get you going. As always your feedback is appreciated.
    I have completed everything in NT except (valor and vigilance) and only need to kill Urgat and his Apprentices. Again the only thing that happens when I try to complete this quest is

My first level 100 came after 1 year of playing. I know others that played even longer to get to that level. Getting to level 100 should not be easy and does take time. Too many think that they will play this game and should get high levels or other high benefits in a very short time. They will get frustrated and/or complain that it is too hard. I like that this game, above other games that are out there, actually takes work and commitment, (grind). I started playing very shortly after this game went live.

C'an thanks for your support I will try your suggestion.

As always thanks Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    My first level 100 came after 1 year of playing. I know others that played even longer to get to that level. Getting to level 100 should not be easy and does take time. Too many think that they will play this game and should get high levels or other high benefits in a very short time. They will get frustrated and/or complain that it is too hard. I like that this game, above other games that are out there, actually takes work and commitment, (grind). I started playing very shortly after this game went live.
    Lol, it took me 5 years. There is so much more in this game than only leveling. I always got distracted

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Steer back on track please. Talking about leveling and how to assist Pat, not how long it took you and whether or not that is good or bad.

Biggest thing I can advise is make sure you have all your spells available. Depending on what class you are currently in, that will include roots, stuns, aoe's and most especially heals.

Another strategy for leveling is killing multiple mobs for the bonus xp. This usually works best if you take on mobs 2,3,4 at a time that are 3 or 4 levels below you. This takes some experimentation to learn how many you can take on at once but really does make leveling faster.

Thaalia of Order

To the OP, or anyone else for that matter,if you ever need help in game just send me a tell.

id be happy to assist you if i am available, point you in the right direction , or even just come out and buff you. its amazing what a Cot does for a low level.

all anyone needs to do is ask.

having up to date armor, spells and weapon is so huge.

i also recommend not multiclassing to much to start out, it can really make life more difficult later on.

if you want my personal recommendations on that hit me up in game and ill tell ya about what i wish i had done differently on my biped.

it takes a while to get a feel for combat at low lvls here. its not like most mmo's where you can go out at low levels and just creme mobs.

also lvling up a craft school higher then adventure can help also if you are having a rough time, and its a nice way to pass time while the Dp's fade .

some craft schools will boost your power or strength to help out that adventure school.

Each fight is a real battle. Which makes it so sweet each and every time you do level.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

As for craft classes boosting stats, the ones that boost most are fitter for strength, weaver for dexterity, and I believe alchemist does either focus or power.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Closing this thread now. Thank you all for the feedback you have provided Pat (conchwest).

Pat, I think we've provided a wealth of information that should help you out. Quests, alternative places to level, folks to ask in-game. Thank you for your suggestion and for the subsequent discussion.

Amon

Thread Information