Thread: Character renaming in the Java Launcher

Default Character renaming in the Java Launcher

How does the character naming work in the new Java launcher?

I tried to use it but I kept getting an error message saying my character was logged in when it wasn't
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Default Re: Character renaming in the Java Launcher

That's a strange error. I asked the facility manager if renaming a character checks if you are logged in or not, and he confirmed there's no check.

Renaming a character should just run through the name filters and then make the change. If you're still having trouble, just submit a support ticket and we'll work directly with you to diagnose what's happening. We just need to know what character and what name you are trying to set it to.

Yfelvik

I can`t open launcher.jar. is there a special program for opening those types of files? when I try opening through notepad or wordpad, it`s all encoded, and in symbols.

You can download the latest version of Java here: http://www.java.com/en/download/
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Don't know about anything else but my security system refuses to let me run the java launcher download - states that it is suspicious and simply will not let it install. Any bright ideas?

Never mind -got round the problem although wondering why my virus and firewallsoftware do notlike the download file.
    Last edited by aegor; July 28th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aegor View Post
    Don't know about anything else but my security system refuses to let me run the java launcher download - states that it is suspicious and simply will not let it install. Any bright ideas?
    Windows or your antivirus? If so, you'll need to override it (couldn't say how without knowing what specifically was doing the reporting) in order to install java. I can say that Java itself is not a security risk any more than the .Net framework is.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Got it. thanks Amon

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I've seen that the java launcher installer does NOT put a shortcut on the desktop to use it. I changed my normal shortcut to fix the issue.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I tried the rename feature and while it worked sorta. If I send a message via guild chat channel then my name reverts to old name in all chat channels. Though if I click on myself shows the new name in target window.

Also under guild member window, shows me logged in on old name, not new name.

Smaug

Mine did place a shortcut on the desktop.
    Play Istaria it is called.
    But since it has the same icon it was hard to notice at first.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information