Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
It might sound odd, but Horizons/Istaria made help to understand how metals are made, and even so I could pass some tests when we learned about the metals back in school. Because I knew you would need to smelt iron and nickel to get steel.

I loved the fact that Istaria kept "real" with the metals. In RL you also smelt copper and tin to get bronze, same with the cobalt, you smelt cobalt with nickel to get cobalt bars.

Boo me out all you want, I like when a game tries to keep real with the crafting, and so with also the metals. I know mithrill is not real and such, but in RL you also have to make alloys to make a durable metal, if you don't mix stuff together, you get a crumbling bar that does not hold long when crafted into something.

Just a few cent from a beta player, but I get now back to lurking.

While I would love to see the the 2nd resource needed for alloys removed, I kinda feel the same way about how its necessary to need more than one type of metal to create a newer, stronger alloy. Instead of needing to physically gather the two different metals tho, I wonder if they can be 'combined' all into one node, kinda like how Copper and Tin nodes are. The alloys like cobalt and steel could be renamed to something similar to how Copper & Tin nodes are, for example, Cobalt and Nickle Ore (to replace Cobalt nodes) , or Nickle and Iron Ore (to replace Nickle nodes). In the description of the ore it could be noted what type of alloy that ore is used to create, perhaps craft trainers provide a little direction as well. Could keep separate Iron Ore nodes so regular Iron bars can be made. I think that Copper and Tin should be left as is, I know (for dragons anyway..) on Skalkaar the Craft trainer tells you to go gather Copper and Tin Ore and tells you to craft the ore into Bronze bars, most who read and pay attention to the tutorials don't seem to have many problems with needing Copper and Tin to make Bronze bars.