Thread: Looking for Test Feedback

Default Looking for Test Feedback

Looking for some test feedback on:

* Spawn density and rates in the Yew Forest.
    * Bloodmage abilities
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Looking for Test Feedback

I've already sent you a PM regarding how much I've been able to really test this class, so take the following with a grain of salt as my testing has been limited.

Instant Transfer may need a faster recycle (~30 seconds) and perhaps a raise in the damage it does to the user. You already know of Group Instant Transfer healing the user from the other thread.

Changes to Exsanguinate and Constrict Blood seem to be pretty good. Constrict blood may need user damage applied to it for balance depending on how useful it turns out being in high-HP mob fights.

Concentrate Blood is superseded by True Grit. I'm not suggesting they should stack, just that having True Grit overwrite it can be irksome. Nothing serious, and something that I'm expecting could be beyond an easy fix, just making a note of it.

Blood Shield is great. It's even viable to re-cast durring combat if you're careful and time your Ethereal Paroxysm / ToL spells well, it can come at a cost of not having enough health to survive an Instant Transfer making for some really interesting combat scenarios.

Everything else I havn't tested much due to them being bugged at the time of testing (blood doll and blood bolt V).

What would be great is to get a group of some sort organized and for you to spawn various mobs for some more serious testing, Amon.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Instant Transfer may need a faster recycle (~30 seconds) and perhaps a raise in the damage it does to the user. You already know of Group Instant Transfer healing the user from the other thread.
    Yea, that would be my feeling on it as well. If the recycle is lowered then the damage inflicted on the user would need to go up to a greater percentage of the amount it heals (currently 50%).

Concentrate Blood is superseded by True Grit. I'm not suggesting they should stack, just that having True Grit overwrite it can be irksome. Nothing serious, and something that I'm expecting could be beyond an easy fix, just making a note of it.
    Just tell your friends to not give you True Grit.

Blood Shield is great. It's even viable to re-cast durring combat if you're careful and time your Ethereal Paroxysm / ToL spells well, it can come at a cost of not having enough health to survive an Instant Transfer making for some really interesting combat scenarios.
    Excellent.

What would be great is to get a group of some sort organized and for you to spawn various mobs for some more serious testing, Amon.
    I can do that. Let me see what my times are like this week.

Thank you for the feedback, Akrion.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Yea, that would be my feeling on it as well. If the recycle is lowered then the damage inflicted on the user would need to go up to a greater percentage of the amount it heals (currently 50%).
    Well keep in mind also that the faster someone uses Instant Transfer to heal they will, by default, cause more damage to themselves. A shorter recycle would mean they can reuse the ability sooner, but it also means that should it actually be used sooner there will be that much less time (and ability due to lack of casting as many self-heals) for their health to recover between uses.

The way I personally view how Instant Transer should work is that it should be less a function of recycle dictating frequency of use and more a function of survival dictating it. If someone wants to quickly cycle through 5 casts of Instant Transfer, they should be allowed a recycle time to let them do that, because they'll die if they do.

Hope you can see where I'm coming from, because I don't feel I'm explaining this as well as I could.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Just tell your friends to not give you True Grit.
    The only reason why I bring it up is because to rebuff yourself if someone casts it or accidently casts it on you would take 5 minute.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

The yew spawn looks to be more dense than before. In the massive circle I counted 6 massive yews spawned at one time. The large seemed to be more than before also. I did not really pay much attention to the number of treants spawned but it did not seem excessive. I will check on it and if it seems different Ill post again. Gro
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Ok after further review. The yew spawn is excellent more trees than before. In most areas the tree to treant ratio was about 2/1 which seemed a little high. The area north of the northern road I did not see any spawns of treants. The area around the new farm also had lower treant spawns ~ 5/1.
    The large number of treants would not be a big issue if the harvest was sapling= regular node, yew treant = rich/large node, and massive = massive/motherlode. Then it would be worth killing all the mobs to harvest. But they agro pretty bad so you would end up killing a lot if you were able, to get just a few logs as it is now. I did not kill any trees to check on respawn times, but I will check that tomorrow.
    I also noticed that there are a lot of new craft sheds in that area but no essence circle, that would be a welcomed addition . It appears that the shining residue spawns are up also, but I did not see any wisps spawn which is not good for gathering tainted essence. I did not try killing residue to see if it could be done to yield tainted essence.

After killing yew treants it looks like the respawn time is about 30-45 seconds which is not enough time to gather 1 node. This area could be tough for someone not battle worthy. JMO Gro

Quote Originally Posted by Grodec View Post
    After killing yew treants it looks like the respawn time is about 30-45 seconds which is not enough time to gather 1 node. This area could be tough for someone not battle worthy. JMO Gro
    It should be 60. And the area is not meant for those who cannot adventure. Someone who has little in the way of adventure schools would be wise to stay near the homestead.

Quote Originally Posted by Grodec View Post
    Ok after further review. The yew spawn is excellent more trees than before. In most areas the tree to treant ratio was about 2/1 which seemed a little high. The area north of the northern road I did not see any spawns of treants. The area around the new farm also had lower treant spawns ~ 5/1.
    The higher tree-to-treant nearer the farm is by design. However, you will find few to no large/massive trees near the farm.

The large number of treants would not be a big issue if the harvest was sapling= regular node, yew treant = rich/large node, and massive = massive/motherlode. Then it would be worth killing all the mobs to harvest. But they agro pretty bad so you would end up killing a lot if you were able, to get just a few logs as it is now. I did not kill any trees to check on respawn times, but I will check that tomorrow.
    Fair enough on the sizing. In d215 the Yew Treants (except Enraged) aren't aggressive any longer.

I also noticed that there are a lot of new craft sheds in that area but no essence circle, that would be a welcomed addition . It appears that the shining residue spawns are up also, but I did not see any wisps spawn which is not good for gathering tainted essence. I did not try killing residue to see if it could be done to yield tainted essence.
    Noted on the circle and the wisps.

After extended gathering in the yew area, essence and yew. It appears that the only mobs that are social are the dire wolves and the forest oastics. I have yet to find any enraged yew treants. It seems to me that this area went from very difficult to very easy as far as gathering resources goes.
    It is particularily easy in the grandfather grove where there are no oastic spawns. It is a crafters dream with spawns of massive yew trees and no mobs that attack. Maybe you could at least make Arboreon social and possibly the massive yew treants. It just doesnt seem right gathering in this area without looking over your shoulder and checking your back.
    I am sorry about my waffling on this issue. It is after all a t V area. Maybe it is better with the treants social and slightly reduced spawns. Or add some enraged shining wisps, they are social and provide the trees some protection. As you said the inexperienced hunters can gather near the farm.

Thread Information