Thread: Dragon Subclasses

Default Dragon Subclasses

Why isn't there any? Classes for dragons that give a different set of abilities, but require so many points into a certain skill or skills to get. Like a dragon claw master, or a primal warden or something. Something to distinguish dragons apart from eachother a bit more.

Last edited by Velea; October 12th, 2011 at 07:12 PM.

Default Re: Dragon Subclasses

There's a discussion about it here:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25373

Short answer is the current game mechanics really don't support multi classing in dragons because of our quested abilities.

The general idea of the current dragon is to be able to do damage and cast spells. Why give up one for the other when you can have both?

It'd be nice if the reality matched the Lore (and, the FAQ, for that matter), and there really was a difference, even between Helian and Lunus.

Best we got, though, is just how you play, I guess. For example, I play Morinare as a spell-caster, stalking my prey until I can select a single-target (as a real carnivore would do) and then do as much damage as possible from a distance (Dragon's Reach, Prime Bolt, Drain Bolt) before the critter closes. Of course, because of the way the game's set up, we have to be able to melee, so, I'm still death-on-four-legs when we get up close and personal!
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

Quote Originally Posted by Morinare_Blackclaw View Post
    It'd be nice if the reality matched the Lore (and, the FAQ, for that matter), and there really was a difference, even between Helian and Lunus.

Best we got, though, is just how you play, I guess. For example, I play Morinare as a spell-caster, stalking my prey until I can select a single-target (as a real carnivore would do) and then do as much damage as possible from a distance (Dragon's Reach, Prime Bolt, Drain Bolt) before the critter closes. Of course, because of the way the game's set up, we have to be able to melee, so, I'm still death-on-four-legs when we get up close and personal!

Death upclose would be.. GR...
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    Death upclose would be.. GR...
    Yup, a tail-whip just to get their attention (and, hopefully, confuzzle 'em a bit), then hit 'em with everything I got...including GR if necessary....and, oh, boy, do I LOVE the damage that's doing now that I've gotten up to level 86 (and, one nice battle-claw)...

By the way, for the OP, now that the Dragon Academy is up and running again, it's much more possible (and, easy) to RP differences between dragons...
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

Thread Information