Thread: Uses for hoard item for bipeds

Default Uses for hoard item for bipeds

How bout there be a vendor in NT and Bristugo that will accept the hoard goodies and exchange for tiered trinkets? A quest or two to become acquainted to these new merchants to gain their trust?

Trinkets similar to the ones that drop off some of the undead guys?

I find tons and TONS of hoard items and I hate to just vendor them. There are times when its very difficult to find a dragon who wants these hoard items as well, odd as this may seem.

Default Re: Uses for hoard item for bipeds

My initial response is... ifn you don't care bout coin... put them on the New Tris connie for dirt cheep. I'll bet they'll be gone double quick.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Hoards should be for Dragons. So leave it alone...or just destroy. Or just do not use "loot all" option. I just leave items I do not need.

again the "only dragons matter" response... typical

A Rhaagool type vendor for hoard, that would be awesome. As it stands, I sometimes save it for my hatchie (if i have stack room to stash it), otherwise I don't consign it (why waste consignment slots for this?), I sell to pb for very nominal return.
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by asander View Post
    again the "only dragons matter" response... typical
    It's not that "only dragons matter". It's that hoard items occupy a really bizarre loot niche, being much more valuable for one segment of the population while being much closer to worthless for the rest-- but there's already many items more specialized than that. If you've been around long enough to be mildly annoyed by hoard, you've probably looted mountains of scales and claws you can't use. Heck, seen what the Blighted items can have on them? I've gotten my share of baffling gear whose only value was the laughs provided. Even if you do get a "good" Blighted item, many players have such specialized stat interests that only a tiny number of characters may ever be interested.

So hoard drops, of very little value to all bipeds but of some guaranteed interest to every single character of an entire race, look pretty darn useful in comparison.

I wouldn't be horribly opposed to adding more uses for hoard drops, but you can already destroy them, pawn them, consign them, give them to a lot of people, use them to taunt hatchlings... that's more useful than some kinds of loot we've dealt with over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    So hoard drops, of very little value to all bipeds but of some guaranteed interest to every single character of an entire race, look pretty darn useful in comparison.
    LMFAO.. Wow, this statement was definitely written to say something. You say it like the bi-peds are a single race and the "ALL MIGHTY DRAGONS CONTROL THE WORLD" Is laughable.. I am literally sitting here laughing and borderline falling off my chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    every single character of an entire race, look pretty darn useful in comparison.
    How About every single charactor of the other 10 races? I get so much hoard that there are days. I LITERALLY can't pay a hatchie to take it off my hands it drops so frequently. I can go hunt level 1 maggots for an hour and come back with 100k in hoard. But only come out with 50 crystals that I can actually use as a bi-ped.

My level 12 hatchie has 3 million hoard. Hes never going to use that much. Making it a useless aspect of the game, since you no longer need to grind to get there.. And yes, I am a firm believer in "if time was spent, then it was earned"... Hoard takes no time, so its not earned.. Its handed to you.

I don't understand. I agree with Asander and would like to have a vender, like that of Rhaghool to buy hoard at a consistant rate of coin. Not to the PB where you get 25 cp for the first coffer, then 24 cp, then 21 cp.

Or lets revamp the loot (again) to remember the rest of the races?

I Personally don't want it to go that far. But that was an ignorant statement and I apologize in advance for my reaction.... You just didn't think that sentence through.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    And yes, I am a firm believer in "if time was spent, then it was earned"... Hoard takes no time, so its not earned.. Its handed to you.
    To use your own sentence to comment on this

You just didn't think that sentence through.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

My level 12 hatchie has 3 million hoard. Hes never going to use that much. Making it a useless aspect of the game, since you no longer need to grind to get there..
    He might not use that much, no, but hoard is as much for use as it is for, well, hoarding. To get the maximum benefit from your hoard, you need approximately 25.3 million points of it. I certainly haven't had a character get to 100 with that much hoard right off the bat. So that means I do indeed need to grind for hoard if I want to max it out.

I'm not saying that there's not a problem with bipeds and having too much hoard for them to know what to do with, but you seem to be acting under the assumption that all dragons have a bajillion hoard by level 100 and could never possibly need anymore.

In other words, it seems as if you think hoard is useless to everyone, not just bipeds. And it isn't. What Thicklesip said - no matter how amusing you may have found it - is true. The entire dragon race, which sometimes makes up half the population of a server, finds hoard useful. And that is indeed more than can be said of the majority of blighted loot.

Also.. just as an aside.. if you have to apologize for your post.. maybe just don't post it?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I certainly haven't had a character get to 100 with that much hoard right off the bat. So that means I do indeed need to grind for hoard if I want to max it out.

I'm not saying that there's not a problem with bipeds and having too much hoard for them to know what to do with, but you seem to be acting under the assumption that all dragons have a bajillion hoard by level 100 and could never possibly need anymore.
    In addition to this, upkeep is still a factor. When you play any more than three dragons, it's hard to figure out who gets to stay at cap for the week.

*Turns thread on its head*

How about having to repair weapons and armor using a system similar to collecting hoard.

If the 'level' is below a certain cap then abilities and combat suffers.

Dwarves could have an intoxication level for example. :P

*Runs away quickly and hides*
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

(*runs after Chasing*

wait wait..here is my vote for that )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    *Turns thread on its head*

How about having to repair weapons and armor using a system similar to collecting hoard.

If the 'level' is below a certain cap then abilities and combat suffers.

Dwarves could have an intoxication level for example. :P

*Runs away quickly and hides*
    The peds are not going to like it...

But I do!!
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

How bout there be a vendor in NT and Bristugo that will accept biped armor and weapons and exchange for tiered trinkets? A quest or two to become acquainted to these new merchants to gain their trust?

Trinkets similar to the ones that drop off some of the undead guys?

I find tons and TONS of biped items and I hate to just vendor them. There are times when its very difficult to find a biped who wants these biped items as well, odd as this may seem.

in fact, while we're at it, how about we make every lootable item in the game exchangeable at an NPC broker for every other lootable item in the game. That way, we never have to worry about wasted drops. Get some loot you can't use? no worries, just exchange it for any other piece of loot you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    in fact, while we're at it, how about we make every lootable item in the game exchangeable at an NPC broker for every other lootable item in the game. That way, we never have to worry about wasted drops. Get some loot you can't use? no worries, just exchange it for any other piece of loot you want!
    Not a chance!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    To use your own sentence to comment on this
    Seemed pretty spot on to me after reading it a few times

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Not a chance!
    Where IS Dangit, for that matter?

As for the hoard thing, while it's a bit heavy-handed at times, I think it needs to be put in perspective. Where are you hunting to get that much hoard? Could it be that you may want to hunt elsewhere to keep Aughundell or Bristugo stocked with components others of us can't hunt? Perhaps a side business on a personal consigner or pawnbroker elsewhere in Istaria (besides NT), where you can vend such hoardables either to other dragons or to the empire for coin? I mean, there are other options of what and where across the land.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information