Thread: Play Blight and Live without constant updates?

Default Play Blight and Live without constant updates?

Is there any way to play on both Blight and a live server without updating the client before every switch?

bigputz

Default Re: Play Blight and Live without constant updates?

Only way I'm aware of is to copy files over to another folder and then switch back and forth depending on which server you're playing on. Not a real elegant solution but depending on your connection speed it may be worth it.

Thought about that, because if I recall correctly, that's basically how it was done on SWG. There was another step or two though, so I was hoping someone may have done it (or failed trying). I'll probably try it one of these days and see what happens.

Errr... next question. Since the client is started from the web interface, how would I start a different client depending on which server I'm playing on?

Staff :: Developer

I think you'll want to make the two Horizons folders, and rename them before you log in. So you'll have C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\HorizonsBlight and C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\HorizonsLive, then rename the one you want to use as C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons so that the launcher will run the build in that folder and ignore the other. To run the patcher and game the build must be in a directory with "\Horizons" at the end of it.

Yes it's a hastle to change both folder names everytime you switch, but should save you a ton of patching time if you can keep it straight.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Another option which still requires multiple directories is to alter the registry entry. This is the system I use but its not for everyone. The patcher uses a registry entry

HKLM\Software\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons

If memory serves me correctly (not had to look at my .reg files for a while they just work)

Usual registry disclaimer applies.... If you don't know the usual registry disclaimer is ignore this post.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Thread Information