Thread: Remote Gathering Bug

Default Remote Gathering Bug

This is repeatable, but only tested on chaos. As i feel this bug can be exploited to give an advantage, i wont describe details of it. I will however, give details of it to any dev that messages me about it.

Bug in its simplist form... If you begin harvesting a node, then move away from the node while still harvesting, when you stop, you will continue to harvest as if you were next to it, until it is emptied, or you click Stop Action

Default Re: Remote Gathering Bug

That's a known issue. It's an artifact of one of two pieces of competing evaluation code that assists distance calculation. Both were supposed to run on Blight before a final evaluation. The final evaluation and culling of the loser never happened prior to the live release. Oops.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Default Re: Remote Gathering Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Valareos View Post
    Bug in its simplist form... If you begin harvesting a node, then move away from the node while still harvesting, when you stop, you will continue to harvest as if you were next to it, until it is emptied, or you click Stop Action
    Yeah, this is such a nuisance when working a field of nickle and either iron or cobalt. If you dont pay attention to what you are mining and are coming from either a "rich" or "motherlode", it can cause a major imbalance-taking waay too much and wasting the primary resource (or causing you to go back out and get more nickle, mostly).

I know exactly of what you speak and sure wish they would tighten up the harvesting radius for the nodes...
    "No matter where you go...there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai

Thread Information