Thread: Some suggestions for dragons

Talking Some suggestions for dragons

It would be really cool to see some new options with the dragons and yes I know coding is hard. It would be really cool to have new wing options such as bird style(feathered) and/or butterfly/dragonfly. New tail options would be cool too... mace balls (spiked or smooth), spikes, axehead or blade shaped bone protusions along the sides or on the end, feathers (for birdwinged dragons)...well you get the general idea. Some new decals are an absolute must... maybe some 'saddle' shading... have the back one color with the rest of the main body being another... just more options than spots /strips of varios sizes and mystical swirl patterns... maybe some actual runic symbols... Just a few idea for you guys to play around with. Enjoy!

Default Re: Some suggestions for dragons

--edited off-topic--

While I personally feel nothing for birdwinged dragons and will probably never use them in case of entry into the game... I would also have no idea how the devs could install them lorewise for the role players considering officially Istaria has regular leathery winged dragons.
    As for more specifically shaped patterns and symbols on the body, again not my thing. However others might like it and it would not ruin my game.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 25th, 2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: edited off-topic comments
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I agree with all those suggestions except feathers, dragonfly/fairy dragons, and feathered-wings.

Dragons in Istaria are clearly by design and lore the classical image of the Western European Dragon. They are not fairy dragons, they are not asian dragons, they are not bird-dragons.

However, the idea of more patterns and color options for those patternsn is absolutely a good idea (more options always better that doesn't make an Istarian dragon not a Istarian dragon..). I also agree with variety of spikes and tail armor/spikes would also be great and not change the dragon itself (Frith-Rae would actually have several spikes on the end of her tail, Triceritops style ).

Heck even the manes (player mod currently) could be made to work with the concept as Western European Dragons are often seen with beards/manes/etc.

But no...not bird-dragons - thats a whole other mythos.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thank you... you have a unique point of view... I was considering Istarian dragons as their own unique niche... not just an extension of Western European dragons. Being a unique creature opens up options which I was hoping the devs might consider exploring. I haven't found the Istarian lore on dragons so I wouldn't know if they were based solely on Western European dragons.

Thread Information