Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: In Skyrim

Default Re: In Skyrim

i dont travel by horse you miss picking up all the potion ingredients as you run

I used to have a Horse but then I got an Arrow to the knee....

Also I made a Let's play of Skyrim for any of those interested

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    i dont travel by horse you miss picking up all the potion ingredients as you run
    Wait - I get off my horse to get ingredients?? Can you get them while your ride??

Cuz If I was out picking flowers its easier to do it on foot so Im not mounting/dismounting constantly.

(Honestly I dont work on alchemy anymore, I decided to streamline and I dont need the pots as just work on my resto for healing LOL)

However, I do travel by horse most of the time just to find all the little hidey holes, crevacies, caves, forts, etc. Fast traveling means you miss out on so much in this game. So much more to do when you just canter down the road between places. I save fast travel just for like the one-way trips back when my bags are full and I need to sell. Or when I need to run to the house, dump some dragon bones, adn go back out again.

I try to fast travel as little as possible as I want to discover EVERY NOOK!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

you dont work on alchamy

with the help of alchemy and enchanting i crafted a glass sword that does over 500 damage and my light armor rating is almost 2000

I like it very much, but I wish they had put in a 1. and 2. swap onto the ps3 like they did the 360. Goin to favorites to switch from ranged to close is slightly annoying:/ Great game tho.

I ended up in Skyrim's TV tropes while trying to find a storyline that I can play on for a contest. Now instead of writing for the contest, I'm going to be exploring some of the new neat things I never knew existed:

• Just southeast of Rorikstead, there is a mudcrab-infested pool of water that appears to be ridged on all sides with rocks. On closer inspection, it turns out the "rocks" on one side are the corpse of a mudcrab bigger than everything except mammoths and dragons!
    • Sneak into a room with bandits and drop something valuable on the floor, like a gemstone. The bandits will argue with each other over the object, and eventually attack each other.
    • The Dev Team Thinks of Everything: Drop a bunch of weapons and armor on the ground in front of a guard. He'll tell you to stop doing it because someone could trip on them and get hurt. Not as in generic "don't do that" words, either; more to the effect of "I saw you throwing those weapons around, keep doing it and I'll arrest you." Alternatively, poorer characters (yes, the game tracks class and income) will notice what you just dropped, and ask if you mind whether they grab it for themselves. Also, using too many Thu'ums in a city will cause a guard to tell you it makes the citizens uneasy and asks you to stop.
    • You can snatch arrows out of the air in mid-flight, and knock arrows out of the air with your own. Nearly impossible to do either of these without the Slow Time shout. You can even grab an arrow out of the air, equip it, and shoot it back.
    • Sit down in a tavern and the waitress will automatically approach you and ask what you want to drink.
    • Skeletons only get jostled by Fus Ro Dah because most of the force doesn't actually hit them but simply passes through the empty spaces between their bones. Draugr, which have preserved skin, however, can be knocked back with the full force of the shout.

Going to stop copy pasting now, but you get the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    you dont work on alchamy

with the help of alchemy and enchanting i crafted a glass sword that does over 500 damage and my light armor rating is almost 2000
    NOpe - dont bother with it. Dont need to.

With just smithing and enchanting I can be plenty OP. I dont need to bother with alchemy just to be ...more OP lol.

Not worth the time to me, I do make potions and sell them for profits - but I just gather whatever I happen to gather (or steal) and then make-sell-cash.

The only pots I keep that I make are frost/fire/shock resist for those dragon f ights; but at this point those are almost useless because I dont need them Im at level 33 and I can 4-5 hit a dragon and take it out with not taking much damage. I al so have a set of boots with the same resists. I use them just cuz I carry them around but Im finding I dont HAVE to anymore.

So jus tin the interest of saving time between dungeons (and not grinding out herbing..lol), alchemy is not worth it to me. Just like the cooking/food. *shrugs*

And neato finds Shain - I knwe after a shout in town the guard tells you to stop but I didn tknow about teh gem drop and the weapons drops and the grabbing arrows out of the air trick (course I dont have that shout yet either LOL).

And yea it makes sense about Fos Ro Dah not effecting skeles that much; I hadnt really used that shoutu since I got Fire Breath myself (woo! LOL) so I hadnt used it on skeles but ya..nice little realistic physics for ya .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information