Thread: How long does a plot stay with the owner after a subscription runs out?

Default How long does a plot stay with the owner after a subscription runs out?

How long does a plot stay with the owner after a subscription runs out?

Well, there's not much to elaborate on the question. My subscription will run out in early January, but it might take me a few days to decide whether or not to go continue playing. I don't have a lot of time to play atm.

Well, I haven't even bought a plot yet, but I am considering it. Would I keep it for some time even if my account is inactive?
    Gnozzorg Grozzbog, Order Shard

Default Re: How long does a plot stay with the owner after a subscription runs out?

The bottom line honest answer is that the day after your subscription expires the plot could be transferred to someone else should they request it.

We usually, though, give at least two weeks for the person to realize that their subscription expired and resubscribe before we do any plot transfers.

Default Re: How long does a plot stay with the owner after a subscription runs out?

Thank you!
    Gnozzorg Grozzbog, Order Shard

two weeks??

Dang I thought you had 30 days before you lost your plot automatically..

(maybe thats two weeks if someone asks for it, and 30 days auto-reclaim?)

jeez...and I thought 30 days was far too short.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    two weeks??

Dang I thought you had 30 days before you lost your plot automatically..

(maybe thats two weeks if someone asks for it, and 30 days auto-reclaim?)

jeez...and I thought 30 days was far too short.
    I think 30 days is way to much. Pay your sub, or you lose it

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

considering this is like one of the last (few? only?) games that reclaims anything once you lose your sub...I think its too short.

Considering that a big reason some give to NOT coming back is that they lost their plot...I think its too short.

Considering that we have towns full of empty plots - I think its too short.

So Im always gonna think that. One month of bad luck should not result in you losing all your work *shrugs*. 3 months to me seems more appropriate.

Now if someone is specifically requesting a specific plot - to me that is different.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    considering this is like one of the last (few? only?) games that reclaims anything once you lose your sub...I think its too short.

Considering that a big reason some give to NOT coming back is that they lost their plot...I think its too short.

Considering that we have towns full of empty plots - I think its too short.

So Im always gonna think that. One month of bad luck should not result in you losing all your work *shrugs*. 3 months to me seems more appropriate.

Now if someone is specifically requesting a specific plot - to me that is different.
    But you don't lose all your work.. Just 20% as 80% is returned to you in the form of novians

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    But you don't lose all your work.. Just 20% as 80% is returned to you in the form of novians
    Not quite. You still need to find a suitable replacement plot and re-plan it when you get back. The latter is a pain in the tail.

Even if you manage to get the same plot and same layout as before, 20% of a full plot is still a significant amount of work.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thread Information