Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustration building

Default Frustration building

What is going on with all the crashes lately? It is happening to almost everyone I know on Order. Plus somedays on log in you just get kicked straight to windows. No error no nothing just back to windows like you never even started to login. Plus most recently on about 40% of my ports my whole system is freezing.

To cover the sure upcoming suggestions, I'm using the new patcher, I'm logging in with username not email, game has always run fine on my rig, there is nothing wrong with my computer causing this.

One of Hz's best attributes for me has been its performance was always reliable. I just resubbed long term again after going monthly and undecided on my future, now this. I hope whatever this is, is not some sort of ongoing problem.
    Last edited by Velea; December 19th, 2011 at 06:20 PM.

Default Re: Frustration building

Could you please check what version of the client you are running?

I'd like to submit a report to the client developers, but the first thing they'll ask me is what version of the client you are using.

I was having a lot of issues yesterday as well. Kept getting kicked out every 30 mins or so with no error. Eventually it looked like it fixed itself when I forced another full scan (note: using java launcher-and I was already up to date on patches before this problem started to happen).

Then again, I got a call this morning that cablevision is apparently doing some "updates" which may lead to some spotty connection-so in my case it might just be their fault.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Enabling debug logs will really help if you report these crashes. You can do that through the launcher (best if you are using jlauncherii).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

There are some crashes that will abort the client before it can generate a .dmp or .maura file. If this is the type of crash happening here, very little in terms of debug logs will help -- the crash-causing event may not be written out to disk before the client aborts.

That's not to say don't bother logging. Just be aware that you might be missing crash data and don't go nuts trying to figure out why.

Also, try to see if there's a common thread to the crashes, such as performing a certain set of actions, visiting a certain area, or doing a certain action some number of times. ("Just play for a bit" is not helpful, BTW )
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Velea, I must be blind, where exactly will it say which update version of the new patcher I'm using.

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    Velea, I must be blind, where exactly will it say which update version of the new patcher I'm using.
    In the upper right hand corner.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    (best if you are using jlauncherii).

I am so glad you said that, as I had been using the launcher.jar and I thought that was the Java launcher... now that I am using the actual Java launcher (JavaLauncherII.jar) everything seems to load faster yet again!

Pardon my ignorance (and the well OT comments) but has it been communicated to the public that this is the actual Java Launcher? Also, is it possible to 'move' characters up/down the list as previously? And one last thing, seems some of the adventure school levels are not being displayed properly. Two of my characters apparently have levels over 100.

{Feel free to move this to its own thread as you see fit.}
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Also, is it possible to 'move' characters up/down the list as previously?
    Scratch that, found the nice orange arrows

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Where are we looking to download the JavaLauncherII.jar ??

I just did the Launcher update from the official website and its only the JavaLauncher.jar

So where is this illusive 2nd version that will make it so i dont have to log in 3 times just to log in once

I just found it in the game directory...

Depending on where you installed it, it should be in the root game folder "Istaria".

Optionally, if you have a current game shortcut you can right click it, choose properties, and just edit that target location point to JavaLauncherII.jar instead. It's in the same location as the previous launcher.exe
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

OMG!!!! thats so much better.

Why isn't this common knowledge????? How many peeps still trying to log in with old java patcher downloaded from the Official site.

It just looks so much better too, with the little char pics and descriptions.

You really do need to get an official link out or some update so we dont have to use Windows explorer to find the JavaLauncherII.jar

Ok, I take that back. It looks great and all but you cant login to the game with it.
    Just says 'failed to create directories' and 'patching failed login using a different char'

Back to using Launcherjar One for me :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Ok, I take that back. It looks great and all but you cant login to the game with it.
    Just says 'failed to create directories' and 'patching failed login using a different char'

It works just fine. What you may need to do is reinstall cause it might be looking for some folders that aren't there. However, I can assure you that it works just fine for live.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post

There was a file called "jlauncher.exe" (this one launches v1, not v2) that we could "Run as Administrator", but yet I don't see a .exe file that executes the JavaLauncherII.jar, so I can't set that "Run as Administrator"... I'm getting the same "Failed to create directories" error.

I'm pretty sure the "Failed to Create Directories" error is more a file permissions error (requiring Administrator rights that you can't assign to a .jar script, which is why we have jlauncher.exe in the first place) more than missing directories.

Unless I'm just blind and can't see the .exe that launches the v2 .jar?

Also, some questions:

What do the "Copy", "Transfer", and "Archive" buttons do? I assume one of those copies the character to Blight, not sure what the other does, and what does "Archive" do?

Otherwise, the new launcher looks simply amazing. Just wish I could get it to work! lol
    Last edited by Dhalin; December 22nd, 2011 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    There was a file called "jlauncher.exe" (this one launches v1, not v2) that we could "Run as Administrator", but yet I don't see a .exe file that executes the JavaLauncherII.jar, so I can't set that "Run as Administrator"... I'm getting the same "Failed to create directories" error.

I'm pretty sure the "Failed to Create Directories" error is more a file permissions error (requiring Administrator rights that you can't assign to a .jar script, which is why we have jlauncher.exe in the first place) more than missing directories.l
    I did not have any issues with the new launcher, however my game is not installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\. This is a write protected folder under most circumstances, so I tend to install my older games under C:\Users\Public\Games or another hard drive for this reason.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

There is no exe file because it's a java file, hence "JavaLauncherII.jar". You may need to play around with your file associations, I know I did with the first java launcher as I had *.jar files associated with Deamon Tools or something stupid. All you should have to do is double click at .jar file like a normal exe file.

Shame about the directories error you're having though. I have kept the same install directoy since forever, I just copy the whole folder over for each new machine. I've never actually reinstalled Istaria and fortunately everything has always worked for me.

Hope you get it sorted, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    There is no exe file because it's a java file, hence "JavaLauncherII.jar". You may need to play around with your file associations, I know I did with the first java launcher as I had *.jar files associated with Deamon Tools or something stupid. All you should have to do is double click at .jar file like a normal exe file.

Shame about the directories error you're having though. I have kept the same install directoy since forever, I just copy the whole folder over for each new machine. I've never actually reinstalled Istaria and fortunately everything has always worked for me.

Hope you get it sorted, good luck!
    Well, see, that's how the v1 java launcher worked. There was a 'jlauncher.jar' and a 'jlauncher.exe'. The EXE version allowed you to "Run As Administrator" to give it write permissions. I was getting the same error "Failed to Create Directories" before someone told me about the .exe.

Well, jlauncher II doesn't have one like v1 did.

*shrugs*

I might try moving the whole folder, but meh.

I only ever used the exe file to install the first java launcher... then I just ran the .jar file to actually open the launcher...

But yer, try moving the folder out of Program files. I have mine straight in C: drive.

Thread Information